Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

That’s not exactly what he said. He spoke quite a lot about performance and how he’s not happy with them and wants them to improve but how ultimately it’s the results that are looked back on. The context to those comments is key.

They don’t listen to context lol they just want to slag him off 

3 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Could you offer up a few examples of 'great' players in the 3rd division? I'm confused by this concept. I'd always thought this league would be, well, third tier. 

Mcgoldrick for one? Clarke harris. 

do you honestly watch Collins and feel he’s a great striker? Even at this level?

Happy with the win and happy for Collins. Let’s not pretend he’s going to get us promoted though.

Really pleased for Collins. 
Impressed with Nelson, Forsyth, Nyambe. 
Enjoy watching Fornah. 
Glad to see Barkhuizen get more minutes. 

Was happy with the first 15-20 minutes. Wasn’t perfect but we were taking it to them and playing it in their half. 

From 30 minutes onwards though we were clinging on to dear life. Woodwork hit twice. Again we looked like the underdog against a team with a budget that’s a fraction of ours. The players in the starting XI should be good enough to put in a convincing performance against this Carlisle side so I’m not letting him off with ‘injuries’. 

We had 2 shots on target and scored twice. You cannot rely on that level of efficiency all season. 

Steele hit the nail on the head. A team with the quality like Oxford have would have utilised all the possession Carlisle had much better and we may have lost. 

Based on the second half…. Awful football but they were even worse.

Did what we needed to do to get the win. 

I guess that’s a Paul Warne team/style all over. Can see why he gets relegated every time from the Chanpionship and can see why gets promoted.

Oh for putting five passes together.

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

They don’t listen to context lol they just want to slag him off 

Utter rubbish. I repeated what he said. 

The commentator has just repeated it again ‘do you want performances? No not really’ 

I don’t have some evil vendetta I find him likeable but the comment about not being fussed about better performances irks me. It’s rubbish.

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Warne on radio derby when asked if he wants the wins to turn into better performances: 

not really if we win the next 20 matches with only 1 shot on target that’d do 

I despair. 

I'll take 20...1-0 wins over 20 games where we win 10 draw 4 and lose 6 playing entertaining football, The message to all is...get out of this division.

It's FECKING AWFUL!!!

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Utter rubbish. I repeated what he said. 

The commentator has just repeated it again ‘do you want performances? No not really’ 

I don’t have some evil vendetta I find him likeable but the comment about not being fussed about better performances irks me. It’s rubbish.

Who Eric Steele .

I turn him off 

37 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Would u rather we played well but lost 

i know what ur reply will be and yes we all want that

but in the absence of beautiful football and the right results 

It's a results game and they are what count, but that doesn't alter the fact that the standard of football is poor. Against Carlisle it's enough. Against the better teams it won't be.

10 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Warne on radio derby when asked if he wants the wins to turn into better performances: 

I despair. 

Would u rather we played well but lost the next 20 games 1-0 ?? 

6 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

If winning the next 20 matches would result in despair, I suggest seeking therapy. We've won away from home, we've kept a clean sheet and Collins has shown that Waggy is not the only striker in form at the club. The performance wasn't great I concede, but your relentless melodramatics are starting to wear very thin.

It isn’t melodramatic at all to want to hear something more positive from our gaffer. 

Paid a lot of money for a season ticket. Invest a lot of time in following and watching derby. I’m allowed to express my view without you trying to patronise me. 

He could have said ‘look results will always be the most important part of football but obviously we’re working hard to ensure performances match the talent available in the squad’ 

6 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I despair. 

Last 3 league games we’ve had a total of 4 shots on target and 3 were penalties.  That’s very poor.

but…  they all went in!

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's a results game and they are what count, but that doesn't alter the fact that the standard of football is poor. Against Carlisle it's enough. Against the better teams it won't be.

hes s********* his way out of this league 3 times so when done effectively it suggests it is 

as horrible as it is to endure 

Edited by NottsRam77