Match Thread: vs Bolton (A)

Rampant

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Taken in isolation I'd agree, but looking crap is becoming the norm.

Did anyone really expect any different? We knew what we were getting with Warne. I really wished we had kept Rosenior, and his record at Hull is only enhancing my thought that we downgraded, but not much we can do about that now.

6 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Only one thing to take away from that...Sonny Bradley's latest catastrophic schoolboy error.

I'm angry, and I shouldn't post this...but right now I never want to see that man in a Derby County shirt ever again.

Why didn't Warne just sub on Cashin when Rooney got injured? Was he trying to make a point by benching him initially? He came on anyway.

6 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

So frustrating reading this thread. Too many waiting to say warne out at the first chance of things going against us.

We just lost to the best team in the league 2-1 with 10 men and a few pen shouts. 

3 pts from pboro and bolton away is not a bad return.

Get behind the team plenty of games left!

The best team in the league? The one that lost 4-0 in their last home game and scraped a draw against Burton last week? Give over.

19 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

I'll make this easy. 

@IlsonDerby  @Justa @8Leeds  @oodledoodle

I literally couldn't care either way with Paul Warne.

If you want to put the whole 90 last week down to luck and a purple patch, that's your prerogative. Miserable but it's your opinion. My opinion is you've absolutely sucked the life out of this thread with post after post of unbalanced, negative crap. But that's just me.

Enjoy the (likely) defeat. 

Do you think the manager is getting the best out of this squad?

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

Did anyone really expect any different? We knew what we were getting with Warne. I really wished we had kept Rosenior, and his record at Hull is only enhancing my thought that we downgraded, but not much we can do about that now.

Agree, I’ve seen enough of warne to know I prefer Rosenior 

4 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

So frustrating reading this thread. Too many waiting to say warne out at the first chance of things going against us.

We just lost to the best team in the league 2-1 with 10 men and a few pen shouts. 

Disagree. We’ve been poor in most of the games this season. We seem to have abandoned neat passing altogether. The manager has said he’s brought in players with the right character. I’ve yet to see it. Nelson is a rare exception. 
The midfield is an area which needed additions even before Bird’s injury. We have failed to bring in the battling player we need for games like today. 
Teams will run round Hourihane and Smith all season.

We have to get youth in there because old players don’t get better.

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Oh move on you sanctimonious git. 

We had a freak 20 minutes where everything we did resulted in a goal after 25 minutes of being taught a footballing lesson. I celebrated everyone of those goals as I would normally. I was buzzing watching that period from goal 1 to halftime. I enjoyed that period of the match. 

I celebrated and enjoyed our goal today. 

That doesn’t mean you can’t recognise that performances have been bad. Really bad. The life was sucked out of this thread by our inability to pass to our own players, aimless balls Down the channel and a Bolton side who look a division better than us. 

A reply which literally highlights my point - you say Peterborough taught us a 25 min footballing lesson but our 20 minutes were freak? The build up? The crossing? The finishing? All freak? The defending and game control for the period after half time? It's the biggest load of biased crap I've read all day, purely because you (and others) refrain from giving the slightest bit of praise to a manager you're all set on leaving. 

I'm all for calling a spade a spade - today was one of those. Not good enough, despite the circumstances. We're just miles apart on opinion of how last week went - a great victory and a performance that is no where near as bad as some of you are making out. 

Another game where dcfc hit the self destruct button. Smith doesn’t have to dive in to give a penalty away.

Forsyth misses a simple clearance missing the ball altogether leads to Wildsmith coming out the box blocking it with a chest, then ref who had a good game in the 1st half, talks to his EFL assistant and they decide to red card Wildsmith. No Bolton players are even appealing for anything.

Then we score an own goal with Vickers strolling in goal, so annoying, deserved a point at least.

Bolton CD wipes our player in the box for a penalty and ref tells both players to pack it in. Our lack of luck or lack of control or lack of officials refereeing keeps repeating itself, when we looked to have found form again.

New players look good and when the boy from Sunderland plays he might show Collins how to score, pass, cross etc.

NML carries on frustrating, when he needs to pass to another player sooner, tries to beat his man twice or over plays the ball when he has so much pace to do things quicker and create more chances for the team, by utilising team mates.

I would have taken a draw before the game and I thought we deserved a draw, but EFL probably thought otherwise.

Up The Rams 🐏 

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is the manager who doesn't consider Thompson to be a viable option at CM, nevermind the likes of DRobinson and Radcliffe, which is why he was barely used last season, used at LWB in pre-season, then used as a false LM in his few appearances this season. 

He complained that the squad was too small which resulted in the players being burnt out, but only used 1 player from the U21 squad in the league last season (Rooney).

Rooney only played for the first team at that stage basically as well - I sense your not a warne fan for a variety of reasons and he’s not impressed me with any aspect either. His best attribute is his promotion record but a full year of watching his side play under my teams badge I am worried what we will have if he is still here for much longer.

12 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

For people giving out about Warne,

Cashins head wasn’t in the game to start,

Tommo injured in training,

Rooney injured after 10 mins,

A peno given agaisnt us outside the box, 

A penalty or two we should have had, not given,

And generally awful Reffing

I’d have taken 3 points from them two games before they started we move onto a nicer run of games now. 

The sending off? Are we sure about that ? If nothing else losing your goalie isn't something you would expect every game.

13 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

For people giving out about Warne,

Cashins head wasn’t in the game to start,

Tommo injured in training,

Rooney injured after 10 mins,

A peno given agaisnt us outside the box, 

A penalty or two we should have had, not given,

And generally awful Reffing

I’d have taken 3 points from them two games before they started we move onto a nicer run of games now. 

No attempt to play football at all today.  Have absolutely no idea how Warne got Rotherham promoted 3 times.   His tactics are so one-dimensional it's untrue.  

8 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

9 points from 6 isn’t exactly dreamland but that’s not what people are concerned about. We’ve watched Oxford, Wigan, Posh and Bolton play such a better brand of football than we serve up and yet we’ve got talent in the squad. We don’t have to be kick and rush merchants.

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Nowhere near as bad as most are making out. 

The result? No. 
The performance in isolation? No. 

The general trend and performances we’ve served up for the last 4/5 months? Yes. It’s bad. It’s really bad. 

We’ll always end up roughly near the playoffs in this league because there’s a lot of poor teams but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be wanting to something that can thrive beyond league 1. 

9 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

When is the fans forum?

Tuesday 12th September, it’s a ticketed event that I believe is sold out already;

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/08/fans-forum-september-2023

My thoughts are with the growing concerns amongst a number of fans on here (and probably elsewhere in our fandom) that perhaps a constructively worded question/comment/suggestion could be taken to said forum by those concerned. Seems the ideal place to express such concern.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

There’s one thing we can do…

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Tuesday 12th September, it’s a ticketed event that I believe is sold out already;

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2023/08/fans-forum-september-2023

My thoughts are with the growing concerns amongst a number of fans on here (and probably elsewhere in our fandom) that perhaps a constructively worded question/comment/suggestion could be taken to said forum by those concerned. Seems the ideal place to express such concern.

Really? What answer could Clowes give that would satisfy fans without alienating Warne and the players?  

He throws the team/management under the bus by agreeing that the football isn’t good enough or he doesn’t answer the question which would get the fans’ backs up.