The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Wow, fans talking about punching the manager in the face is not going to help anyone. I do think it’s time for the owner to take a bit of the heat off HIS manager. Not the dreaded vote of confidence but explain the difficult circumstances the manager has inherited.

What, you mean bringing in 11 of his own players?

The October international break will be a huge milestone for Warne and his staff.

A full year in charge and if there are no signs of improvement between now and then, how can he possibly stay on?

With no midweek league game until October, there really isn’t any excuses at this point. Plenty of time on the training ground.

I personally don’t think Warne will improve or take us up in what is a weak league.

I’d hedge my bets and say some of the players aren’t even playing for him. 

But would DC pull the trigger one year into a 4 year deal? 

It would be his first huge call to make. 

Edited by Diego

1 minute ago, Diego said:

The October international break will be a huge milestone for Warne and his staff.

A full year in charge and if there are no signs of improvement between now and then, how can he possibly stay on?

With no midweek league game until October, there really isn’t any excuses at this point. Plenty of time on the training ground.

I personally don’t think Warne will improve or take us up in what is a weak league.

How many league one matches until his contract expires? Commence the countdown

16 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The obvious candidate that's currently available is Darren Moore, but ultimately it would be with someone who has a much better track record of coaching a squad to play cohesive football than Warne.

For whatever reason what Warne wants his team to do is not translating on to the pitch. He's obviously not doing it on purpose but there is something very wrong at the minute, we are less than the sum of our parts and I don't believe that he has it in him to sort it out.

Oh come on , much as I love Darren for the kind of bloke he is and his time at derby he managed a total collapse for weds from being nailed on top two , only a total collapse by Peterborough and some very kind refereeing decisions saw them scrape up in the play offs , no better or worse than warne 

4 minutes ago, Diego said:

I really don’t know who we would replace him with or indeed how we could afford to pay him off.

I still think that if he is big enough to change his approach and rally the troops we could just about sneak into the playoffs.

At the moment teams must look forward to playing us because we look mentally and physically weak.

32 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So we bring a new manager in immediately after the main transfer window has slammed shut and you consider this to be the best timing.

Naturally the squad we have should be plying their trades in the Champions League. 

The best time to let him go would have been at the end of last season. 

There have been better times but now isn't a terrible time to let him go. Probably not going to happen but I do think it's likely a mistake persisting with him.

14 minutes ago, Diego said:

It would be his first huge call to make

I would say that it would be his second huge call to make

12 minutes ago, Archied said:

Oh come on , much as I love Darren for the kind of bloke he is and his time at derby he managed a total collapse for weds from being nailed on top two , only a total collapse by Peterborough and some very kind refereeing decisions saw them scrape up in the play offs , no better or worse than warne 

Manager gets 93 points. How the bejeezus is that a total collapse? Wednesday would have been promoted on that points total in every other league one season in history.

Total collapse. Honestly. The only thing that stopped Wednesday getting top 2 was two equally outstanding teams, one financed by massive American budgets. I'm also not sure how Peterborough collapsing allowed Wednesday to win at Wembley against a very good Barnsley.

If you want to talk about a total collapse, check a certain Paul Warne for our run-in.

The mental gymnastics people have to try and defend Warne is admirable, but it just doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Sorry, Darren "total collapse" Moore actually got 96 points.

Edited by oodledoodle

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

What do you see Tyler? Genuine question. Let’s not focus on his past, or that he is a nice man. What have you seen in his (nearly) 12 months at Derby that makes you think Warne is a good coach, strategist, recruiter, motivator, etc. 

One point before I start - I've never blown smoke up Warnes behind to say that he's a great coach, motivator etc - I just don't consider that he's nearly as bad as some of the folks on here state he is. Therein lies the difference. 

Digression over, what do I see? I see a number of repetitive posts on here from a hard core of posters which then in rotation get liked by the same group like some form of Eurovision song contest voting parade. 

I see totally identical threads start up making the same points with the introduction I know there is already a thread about this but.........

I see that the poll suggests that the majority of posters are in favour of giving Warne until at least Xmas but if you landed from the planet Zog you wouldn't believe that as the same protagonists as above are the most vocal on here. 

Apart from that who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

One point before I start - I've never blown smoke up Warnes behind to say that he's a great coach, motivator etc - I just don't consider that he's nearly as bad as some of the folks on here state he is. Therein lies the difference. 

Digression over, what do I see? I see a number of repetitive posts on here from a hard core of posters which then in rotation get liked by the same group like some form of Eurovision song contest voting parade. 

I see totally identical threads start up making the same points with the introduction I know there is already a thread about this but.........

I see that the poll suggests that the majority of posters are in favour of giving Warne until at least Xmas but if you landed from the planet Zog you wouldn't believe that as the same protagonists as above are the most vocal on here. 

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by The Maury Show

8 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The posts about Warne from myself are getting a bit repetitive, but if Warne didn't keep repeating the same mistakes (as I see it anyway) I don't feel like I'd have to keep repeating myself.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Maybe if we'd not been absolutely toss, then the posts supporting Warne might be a bit more frequent. But you do make a good point, no need to flog a dead horse. I'll try and keep my Warne opinions to myself a bit more. I think the point has clearly been made by those of us who want better.

5 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Maybe if we'd not been absolutely toss, then the posts supporting Warne might be a bit more frequent. But you do make a good point, no need to flog a dead horse. I'll try and keep my Warne opinions to myself a bit more. I think the point has clearly been made by those of us who want better.

Very generous of you. But this is a thread about 'Where do you stand with Paul Warne'? So I think it's perfectly correct to keep commenting. @Tyler Durden should know what it's about and if he's so bothered he should stop reading it, not ask posters to stop posting.

Edited by RoyMac5

18 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I really don’t know who we would replace him with or indeed how we could afford to pay him off.

I still think that if he is big enough to change his approach and rally the troops we could just about sneak into the playoffs.

At the moment teams must look forward to playing us because we look mentally and physically weak.

When the time comes DC will pay Warne off and put Hale and Bucko/Fleming in charge of the first team, as per the standard. Who knows, maybe they’ll make a fist of it and we’ll get to see more Academy players given meaningful minutes in the first team. Maybe DC will be more open to  allowing an ‘interim’ the time to stamp their brand of football on the 1st team, and maybe (I won’t hold my breath) the supporters will recognise the need for time and patience.

Donald Trump Idk GIF

27 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Thanks for the reply. I agree with much of what you have posted in your middle three paragraphs, although on an internet football forum you can hardly be expecting a great deal of rationality. There will always be a herd mentality too.

It seems to me that your position though is to defend him; not advocate anything he is actually doing.  Your first paragraph is quite telling in that regard.

Is there anyone out there who is an actual advocate for what he has done/is trying to do? Please ignore his Rotherham record, and that he seems a genuine guy, and that he has only had nearly 12 months. What in his time at Derby makes you think he is the ‘future’ - is he actually a good coach, strategist, recruiter, motivator, etc.

Edited by i-Ram
At time of posting there are 262 members happy to give him this season, and more, to succeed. It would really good to learn why based on what you have seen in his tenure to date.

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Warne clearly has limitations as a manager hence why he's not in charge of a club in the Premier League. 

I can understand everyone's frustrations that we find ourselves stuck in League 1 for another season whilst our neighbours are enjoying their best spell in the past 20 odd years, the timing of that probably makes our predicament even more acute.

Warne clearly has a favoured playing "style" as a manager, and why not if it's served him to good use with three promotions out of this league.

Aesthetically I can imagine it's not very pleasing on the eye again hence the comments. 

For any manager poor results AND an unattractive playing style are invariably fatal, at the moment Warne is just about keeping his head above water in the results department. I'm sure he doesn't need reminding of this truism going forward.