The Paul Warne Poll

Day

The Paul Warne Poll  

612 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

The fans wouldn't have backed it because we would be sitting at the bottom of the league. Derby county in League one should be at the top competing for promotion. Ultimately it's not about older players for the short term or buying young players for the long term. You need both. It's the blend of youth and experience that makes a well balanced team.

Poor fans probably wouldn't have backed it.

The sort who think Derby should automatically be right up the top of the league, regardless of the circumstances. 

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

Poor fans probably wouldn't have backed it.

The sort who think Derby should automatically be right up the top of the league, regardless of the circumstances. 

We don't have a god given right to be top of the league but even under a business plan I think we can still expect to be competitive.

I think our strategy last summer was a good one. We wanted to try and compete for promotion. We needed to get some good experienced players in to compliment our youngsters that we still had on the books and that's exactly what we did.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

You posted the interview in the Warne Poll thread I assumed it had something to do with him?

Posted it because he’s talking about the start to the season and Bolton if you care to listen .

I mean isn’t it the start to the season that got you going. 

44 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Posted it because he’s talking about the start to the season and Bolton if you care to listen .

I mean isn’t it the start to the season that got you going. 

Nope. There's a thread about Wildsmith's sh*thousing, thought you were referring to that. Has Warne been different this season to last then?

5 hours ago, Archied said:

Your Graham souness,,,, you look like me ,,,

im desperate father ,,,, call me Dan ,,,, I’m desperate dan

one for the oldies 😂

Classic...Boys from the Blackstuff 👍

https://www.facebook.com/upstartfootball/videos/graeme-souness-and-sammy-lee-on-boys-from-the-blackstuff-in-1982/396338524492404/

Edited by The Last Post

On 27/08/2023 at 00:53, Kokosnuss said:

Both missed the point. It wasn't a direct comparison to Warne (as I've said, I voted give it til Christmas) but a post on the general trend and a high profile example of how a past record of success at one or more clubs isn't really a good reason to persist - a point which one of the above posts actually proves.

Not sure how you can suggest we’ve missed your point when we’ve both responded directly to it by pointing out what the broader precedent is? I was unaware where you were drawing the line (tbf to me); I hadn’t responded directly to your position but generally.

My own position (to which you responded) was that we should wait until the end of the full season; that’s literally only a half season and an additional transfer period) longer than you’ve suggested.

Let’s not forget we were still operating under an embargo last season; the first season under Warne. That circumstance alone suggests he hasn’t been given a fair go at the job yet.