Georgie Kelly

Heisenberg

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

He called Korey Smith first last summer IIRC, but that’s about it.

Seems as if Kelly recently picked up a bad knee injury in training anyway so doubt there’s too much in it.

He used to cover both Swansea and Cardiff, so probably got the Korey Smith info from any connections he still has there. 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Of the 8 players that we've signed, only 2 came from Rotherham.

This constant criticism of Warne/Thomas/DCFC based on a false narrative that we "only sign players from Rotherham" is pretty pathetic.

Not as pathetic as Warnes/Thomas/DCFCs attempt at signing players...how long since the last one signed? 5 weeks, or is it 6 now? 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

He’s got an absolute honking record at any type of professional level.

Has he? His goals record is very good.

Irish Prem:
32 goals and 6 assists in 48.58 90's (0.65 goals per 90)

Irish Championship:
37 goals and 5 assists 54.45 90's (0.67 goals per 90)

Championship:
4 goals in 7.8 90's (0.51 goals per 90)

League 1:
1 goal in 10 minutes.

Conference League Qualifers
4 goals in 6 games (0.67 goals per 90)

8 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Has he? His goals record is very good.

Irish Prem:
32 goals and 6 assists in 48.58 90's (0.65 goals per 90)

Irish Championship:
37 goals and 5 assists 54.45 90's (0.67 goals per 90)

Championship:
4 goals in 7.8 90's (0.51 goals per 90)

League 1:
1 goal in 10 minutes.

Conference League Qualifers
4 goals in 6 games (0.67 goals per 90)

I was focused more on the Championship and League One - perhaps unfairly but noticed that he started 4 games (brought off in all four without scoring) and his four goals came off the bench. Lack of game time at Rotherham is concerning. 

He did well in Ireland, but the standard is hard to judge. I've never watched him play, so I could be wrong, but I get the feeling looking at his game time, record, stats, that he's a player who lacks genuine ability and that's why he isn't trusted to start games. 

54 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I was focused more on the Championship and League One - perhaps unfairly but noticed that he started 4 games (brought off in all four without scoring) and his four goals came off the bench. Lack of game time at Rotherham is concerning. 

He did well in Ireland, but the standard is hard to judge. I've never watched him play, so I could be wrong, but I get the feeling looking at his game time, record, stats, that he's a player who lacks genuine ability and that's why he isn't trusted to start games. 

By the sounds of it, it's mostly down to injury/fitness. 

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Hilarious how quickly some posters seem to be prepared to believe the ramblings of anyone spouting stuff on social media when we're 'linked' to an ex or current Rotherham player.

It does suit their agenda though. Don’t you think it’s hilarious when someone makes a comment about Rotherham? No, me neither….Whatever the title of the thread , there’s someone ready to make the side-splitting Rotherham reference. It wasn’t particularly funny first time and certainly not 10/20/30 times later. However, I suspect that won’t stop it. 

5 hours ago, Carnero said:

Of the 8 players that we've signed, only 2 came from Rotherham.

This constant criticism of Warne/Thomas/DCFC based on a false narrative that we "only sign players from Rotherham" is pretty pathetic.

Vickers and Washington signed directly from Rotherham.

Wilson and Bradley are players Warne previously tried to sign at Rotherham but they chose other clubs. Whilst Nelson was first linked to us just a month after Warne took over as manager, suggested he was already on his radar when at Rotherham.

Warne had been closely watching Ward's situation for a number of years, hoping he would become available to sign.

Leaving just Elder and Waghorn (who was a fluke signing thanks to Fozzy because Warne thought he had an ego)

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wilson and Bradley are players Warne previously tried to sign at Rotherham but they chose other clubs. Whilst Nelson was first linked to us just a month after Warne took over as manager, suggested he was already on his radar when at Rotherham.

Warne had been closely watching Ward's situation for a number of years, hoping he would become available to sign.

Leaving just Elder and Waghorn (who was a fluke signing thanks to Fozzy because Warne thought he had an ego)

But what @Carnero said was true. Only 2 have come from Rotherham, right?

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

But what @Carnero said was true. Only 2 have come from Rotherham, right?

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Manager signs players he previously scouted whilst managing in league 1. Shocker