Georgie Kelly

Heisenberg

Nah , hes not even as good as the players we've got and people moan about them. obviously theres nowt wrong with warne picking players that he knows all about and knows have done it all before. But at the same time we aint rotherham and we can attract better players.

15 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

It is lazy journalism I’m sure, however the type of players it seems reasonable to link us with is telling nonetheless

I'm not sure that counts for much though. It wasn't so long ago that transfer embargo was closing in on us but we were being linked with players we presumably could not have been in for (although actually I wouldn't rule anything out from that era!)

Serdar Dursun springs to mind... Kamil Grosicki too if I am remembering correctly (?)

8 hours ago, David said:

But what @Carnero said was true. Only 2 have come from Rotherham, right?

As a general point, I think the ‘being linked to Warne’s former players/targets’ thing probably shows tht theee is still fans who don’t quite realise where we are and have been for quite a while.

Its not Warne being lazy or unadventurous, it’s more that we’ve been in the same market for players  as Rotherham for about three seasons now!

1 hour ago, CodnorRam said:

Nah , hes not even as good as the players we've got and people moan about them. obviously theres nowt wrong with warne picking players that he knows all about and knows have done it all before. But at the same time we aint rotherham and we can attract better players.

Out of interest how often have you seen him play?

There are a lot of managers who sign players they have worked with before. Warnock is one example. If any of these ex-Rotherham players were part of their promotion teams what is wrong with signing them. Are we not looking for promotion from the same division. Makes perfect sense to me.

But, of course, some are looking for any old excuse for a stick to beat Warne with.

8 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

There are a lot of managers who sign players they have worked with before. Warnock is one example. If any of these ex-Rotherham players were part of their promotion teams what is wrong with signing them. Are we not looking for promotion from the same division. Makes perfect sense to me.

But, of course, some are looking for any old excuse for a stick to beat Warne with.

Just to be pedantic, he played just 10 minutes of football for Rotherham in 21/22 when promoted from L1 under Warne. For comparison, Bardell and Aghatise both played 14 minutes of football under Warne last season.

8 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

Some guy called brian clough did it quite successfully apparently as well.

they all do it, bring in a couple of reliable players theyve worked with before, know how they work and they trust.

in the wider world its called head hunting.. but is the same thing 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Just to be pedantic, he played just 10 minutes of football for Rotherham in 21/22 when promoted from L1 under Warne. For comparison, Bardell and Aghatise both played 14 minutes of football under Warne last season.

Thank you for your help with statistics. I couldn't be arsed to look up the details myself. I did use the word "if" in my post to indicate I hadn't checked the players actual records.

13 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

Thank you for your help with statistics. I couldn't be arsed to look up the details myself. I did use the word "if" in my post to indicate I hadn't checked the players actual records.

Quite. Some posters are happy to post any old rubbish in their support of Warne.

25 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Some guy called brian clough did it quite successfully apparently as well.

they all do it, bring in a couple of reliable players theyve worked with before, know how they work and they trust.

in the wider world its called head hunting.. but is the same thing 

Thank you, a much better example than mine of Warnock.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

FTFY   😁

Wolfie, my friend. I am quite happy to post any old rubbish full stop. 

Only time will tell as to whether Warne was any good for our club. Happy to revisit this with you later in the season to see whether I am underestimating his abilities.

31 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I saw a Rotherham fan say something along the lines of Kelly was not a Warne signing and was signed without Warne's permission...

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Quite. Some posters are happy to post any old rubbish in their support of Warne.

And some posters are equally happy to post any old rubbish in their campaign against Warne.

I've got news for you. He is not going anywhere anytime soon so we might as well get behind him. He took on a tough job (probably tougher than he was expecting). He needs time and our patience (not enough of that in football). I simply do not know if he will prove to be a good appointment or not, but will give him time to show me.

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

My apologies for fact checking a post to show the post was nonsense. 

Ouch, that really hurts. The basic premise of my post is that managers often work with what they are familiar with (Clough and Warnock for example). Is that really nonsense?

15 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

And some posters are equally happy to post any old rubbish in their campaign against Warne.

I've got news for you. He is not going anywhere anytime soon so we might as well get behind him. He took on a tough job (probably tougher than he was expecting). He needs time and our patience (not enough of that in football). I simply do not know if he will prove to be a good appointment or not, but will give him time to show me.

Good for you Yoxo. You are a proper fan, no doubt about it 🤲