Match Thread: (A) Peterborough United

Rampant

15 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Excellent nice and simples!

And he absolutely loved it. Huge Cheshire cat grin and amazement from him at the end when walking back in. He loves the love we're giving him already. Then throughout the match when on the bench he kept watching the away support like an excited child at Disneyland. 

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

2 hours ago, caymanram said:

This was the best pressing we have done all areas on by a long way. Top class. Made all the difference.

I think Fornah will make a great impact but question is who we drop to fit him in. Still not impressed with Hourihane’s overall impact. 

Tommo had an excellent game and after an awful first 10-15 mins the back three really hit it together. Rooney much better when he came closer to his player and Nelson again looked good in central defence. Does bring us back to the Bradley talking point though and whether it was a good signing.  

Anyway- a bizarre game in many ways but a great win which will boost team confidence immensely.

So happy for Waggs. Would like Wash to get a goal.

COYR

Well you’ve just told us who will give way for the new midfielder: “Thommo had an excellent game………..”. Nuff said.

Got back to Brailsford at 7.30pm from the best away performance in my opinion since we won the play-off semi final at Elland Road 4-2.

We went in the pub and celebrated instead of drowning our sorrows as we often have. We needed a turning point and today may or maybe not be it. Great night.

Then I came home and read this thread and some of the s*** anti-Warne comments on it on this night of all nights. I wanted three points out of the away games at Peterborough and Bolton; we got that today and any points at Bolton will be now be a bonus. Just give the guy a chance for now and for those who want him out, let's resume this discussion at Christmas if it's still relevant by then. At the moment you're getting boring.

But this can’t happen. Our stats against top 6 teams are horrendous. We’re just flat track bullies.

This is why you cant judge after 3 games into the season and before the transfer window is closed. Posh sounded like they may have had one of those games they’re capable of at home but we capitalised, we were ruthless, the goals were top quality - a finishing master class from Waggy. 

So many positives, Rooney learning fast and having a decent game overall after a tough start (still think he’ll end up defensive mid), Thompson now showing box to box quality alongside his obvious skill and energy, he’s got the bit between his teeth and has a great future, hopefully with this club. With the new lads on the bench we have options now.

As for Waggy, absolutely no reason why he can’t replicate what Didzy did last season. He’s always been a decent player, the issue was last time we overpaid for him, we’re also playing at a lower level.

This league is absolutely wide open and there is no reason at all why don’t have a real shot at promotion. 

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Smith. Or Hourihane, but as captain, I suspect he will still be playing. Doesn’t really matter, we need the mobility and athleticism so badly. 

Okay. Waghorn has given us that up front but you were vehemently opposed to his return on the grounds he just wasn't good enough. Are you still of the same opinion?

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

But this can’t happen. Our stats against top 6 teams are horrendous. We’re just flat track bullies.

This is why you cant judge after 3 games into the season and before the transfer window is closed. Posh sounded like they may have had one of those games they’re capable of at home but we capitalised, we were ruthless, the goals were top quality - a finishing master class from Waggy. 

So many positives, Rooney learning fast and having a decent game overall after a tough start (still think he’ll end up defensive mid), Thompson now showing box to box quality alongside his obvious skill and energy, he’s got the bit between his teeth and has a great future, hopefully with this club. With the new lads on the bench we have options now.

As for Waggy, absolutely no reason why he can’t replicate what Didzy did last season. He’s always been a decent player, the issue was last time we overpaid for him, we’re also playing at a lower level.

This league is absolutely wide open and there is no reason at all why don’t have a real shot at promotion. 

Lots of positives from today's performance and result. It's a fixture we've struggled badly to get a result in.

Warne may have struck lucky in having so many of his signings unavailable as they've looked utter tosh so far.

But fair play, if the aimless punting of the ball down channels and the confusion between defence and midfield was down to players not following the plan, them he's coming good.

Be interesting to see who his first choices are when everyone is available, no?

2 hours ago, caymanram said:

Think Smith will give way…,

Got a feeling Smith will play RB and Rooney will give way due to his lack of pace. But in my opinion a winning team should almost always get the chance to start the next game. That's usually best in the long run when everybody in the squad knows they have to fight when given the chance!

5 minutes ago, InstaRam said:

Got a feeling Smith will play RB and Rooney will give way due to his lack of pace. But in my opinion a winning team should almost always get the chance to start the next game. That's usually best in the long run when everybody in the squad knows they have to fight when given the chance!

Rooney just needs to learn positional sense. Smith is no quicker but adapts to that using his experience.

It’s a weak point for us at the moment but Rooney will get better the more he plays.

7 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

And he absolutely loved it. Huge Cheshire cat grin and amazement from him at the end when walking back in. He loves the love we're giving him already. Then throughout the match when on the bench he kept watching the away support like an excited child at Disneyland. 

One of the Peterborough substitutes was actually singing "Is this a library?" with us whilst he was warming up!

1 hour ago, InstaRam said:

He caught done several times by their very tricky and pacey number 10 but, overall, I think he had a very good game. As @kevinhectoring says, he probably just need to learn the position and I’d be happy to see him stay there.