Match Thread: (A) Peterborough United

Rampant

1 hour ago, OwdGladysHinton said:

i'm older now and you tend to get more negative than positive as time moves on..this club like 

"Curmudgeonly" it's called, I'm 67 been there done it over 57 years of watching DCFC(not now tho)I haven't a negative bone in my body...life is great Happy Birthday Wtf GIF by Piñata Farms: The Meme App 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

It’s not losses it’s bad performances that people take issue with. 

If Bolton beat us 1-0 in a tightly contested game where we really compete then I’d be shocked to see any new threads started. If Bolton walk over us and we offer nothing but a whimper then yeah I’d imagine there will be posts questioning PW… 

That's verging on stereotyping posters on here, generalising, or speaking for others when you say it's bad performances that people take issue with. Am sure that is true for a number of posters. 

It's just interesting that after a half decent result yesterday afternoon we didn't see reciprocated the same number of threads starting with I know there's already another thread on this subject but......

Bluntly when we do well I don't expect to see a number of duplicate threads spring up staying we are going to storm the league now (B4evis notable exception) so I don't expect to see them spring up for the converse reason when we don't do well. It's called balance. 

Anyhows I'm doing what I tried not to do which is highjack a matchday thread with tangential debate. 

Might start a new thread. There's a novelty. 

14 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

No highlights of us in the posh half at all 2nd half. Did we sit back, protecting the lead?

Maybe after about 60/65 mins. We had a really good start second half. Though we would go and score the 5th. Washington had a good chance (more time than he realised). Thompson ran the ball very well on a few occasions and Fornah’s touches towards the end were good. Peterborough did get many crosses in but was hard to see from our end how dangerous they actually were 

4 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

You posted this immediately after Peterborough took the lead. Have you made any revision of your conclusion since? Just asking.

Yeah perhaps look at a number of comments both here and on Twitter that celebrated the positive aspects but at the time of writing this comment it was absolutely accurate - we were comfortably second best everywhere. First twenty minutes were awful, we got a bit fortunate with Thompsons cross deflecting which gave Waggy a chance to steal a yard on the defender but we took that bit of fortune and absolutely exploited it which was brilliant. Our pressing improved during the second half drastically and it never felt in danger which was a pleasant surprise. 

I don’t understand though why the tone of your post is judgey? ‘Just asking’ … I didn’t write the comment based on one 20 minute section of a match. It was based on the entire season to date. If our performances up to my comment have been acceptable for you then fair enough.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

That's verging on stereotyping posters on here, generalising, or speaking for others when you say it's bad performances that people take issue with. Am sure that is true for a number of posters. 

It's just interesting that after a half decent result yesterday afternoon we didn't see reciprocated the same number of threads starting with I know there's already another thread on this subject but......

Bluntly when we do well I don't expect to see a number of duplicate threads spring up staying we are going to storm the league now (B4evis notable exception) so I don't expect to see them spring up for the converse reason when we don't do well. It's called balance. 

Anyhows I'm doing what I tried not to do which is highjack a matchday thread with tangential debate. 

Might start a new thread. There's a novelty. 

Have you not been on forums very long? 

even in the days of BBC606 before this forum existed it was exactly the same. 

Forums are always way more busy after a loss because it’s one of very few vessels we have to vent our frustrations. If we’re not in the pub or on Twitter then this is the only place to get it out your system so you don’t ruin the weekend for your other half. 

after a convincing win everyone is happy and there’s no need to vent and get anything out of your system. 

this will be true on every single clubs fan base not just ours.

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Have you not been on forums very long? 

even in the days of BBC606 before this forum existed it was exactly the same. 

Forums are always way more busy after a loss because it’s one of very few vessels we have to vent our frustrations. If we’re not in the pub or on Twitter then this is the only place to get it out your system so you don’t ruin the weekend for your other half. 

after a convincing win everyone is happy and there’s no need to vent and get anything out of your system. 

this will be true on every single clubs fan base not just ours.

Does Mumsnet count?

I'm surprised that nobody else has brought this up, but Waghorn needs to take a long hard look at himself. It's all well and good banging in a hatrick but what a total waste that 3rd goal was. He didn't need to score that for us to win the game and he should have kept that goal in reserve for when we need it. We exactly the same nonsense from McGoldrick with his stupid spree scoring. Why oh why can't we have a striker that knows how to score exactly one more goal than the opposition per game. Bloody liability this fella..

A small point, but one that niggles me…..

PW needs to be more careful with his comments at times.,,, not helped by whether he is trying sarcastic humor or being straight….

But in his post-match interview he refers to the team having a ‘decent’ following today…. DECENT’ !!?? It was bloody fantastic and better than he’s ever had before coming to us… the fans were superb… the noise was superb.

Sometimes just say things as they are…. The support was amazing. 

26 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Yeah perhaps look at a number of comments both here and on Twitter that celebrated the positive aspects but at the time of writing this comment it was absolutely accurate - we were comfortably second best everywhere. First twenty minutes were awful, we got a bit fortunate with Thompsons cross deflecting which gave Waggy a chance to steal a yard on the defender but we took that bit of fortune and absolutely exploited it which was brilliant. Our pressing improved during the second half drastically and it never felt in danger which was a pleasant surprise. 

I don’t understand though why the tone of your post is judgey? ‘Just asking’ … I didn’t write the comment based on one 20 minute section of a match. It was based on the entire season to date. If our performances up to my comment have been acceptable for you then fair enough.

To be fair at the time of posting we were a total shambles and it looked like a possible thumping was in store…. U post as u see things at the time