Eiran Cashin

Heisenberg

4 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

‘The Seagulls have attempted to strike a pre-agreement for Derby Countydefender Eiran Cashin over the past few months for a fee in the region of £4million, though those talks have recently collapsed due to the good form of the League 1 outfit. There is an expectation that the interest is likely to be reignited at the end of the season.‘

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1850430/Brighton-transfer-news-Valentin-Barco-Eiran-Cashin

Great news, get him on a longer deal in the summer, if we go up and he starts the championship on fire that 4 million could easily turn to 10 million with more clubs interested in him, its worth the gamble, also I love the Cashin Nelsin partnership, like i said months ago, best pairing in the division bar none. 

4 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I like the lad but 4m is alot of money for a league 1 player, especially if we can keep him on loan for the reat of the season. That 4m could be the difference in us going up autos or making playoffs if we spent it wisely.

Yeah £4m is more than I expected. Again would hope for at least that in the summer if promoted.

8 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah £4m is more than I expected. Again would hope for at least that in the summer if promoted.

Just bear in mind this 4m being bandied around is the total possible compensation. The stories at the time were around 1.5m to 2m upfront with the rest in appearance related bonuses.

If it's £4m up front I think we have to take it. That's a massive amount for a League One club, in this post-Covid era. It's also fair to Cashin and shows the other players if they do well, they can go to the Premier League. We've known of Brighton's interest since the summer so we should have a decent list of names ready and waiting. I remember when we sold Christian Dailly for a ridiculous fee to Blackburn, we bought Spencer Prior for peanuts just before the Dailly deal was announced. That would be the strategy here so the price we pay isn't inflated by any Cashin deal.

29 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If it's £4m up front I think we have to take it. That's a massive amount for a League One club, in this post-Covid era. It's also fair to Cashin and shows the other players if they do well, they can go to the Premier League. We've known of Brighton's interest since the summer so we should have a decent list of names ready and waiting. I remember when we sold Christian Dailly for a ridiculous fee to Blackburn, we bought Spencer Prior for peanuts just before the Dailly deal was announced. That would be the strategy here so the price we pay isn't inflated by any Cashin deal.

Or it could also be the difference between another season in League One or going up.

We absolutely should reject. Activate the contract extension and let him go in the summer if we don’t go up.

£4m is a lot of money for a League One CB with 6 months left on his contract. Obviously the option we have for another year plays into our hands, but I still thought we’d struggle to get £2m.

Delighted, but surprised, that it sounds like he’s staying for the season. Still fully expect him to leave in the summer, but hopefully as a Championship player for even more money! He’ll play top end Premier League football imo. He’s that good in all aspects of his play.

Edited by Millenniumram

27 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

£4m is a lot of money for a League One CB with 6 months left on his contract. Obviously the option we have for another year plays into our hands, but I still thought we’d struggle to get £2m.

Delighted, but surprised, that it sounds like he’s staying for the season. Still fully expect him to leave in the summer, but hopefully as a Championship player for even more money! He’ll play top end Premier League football imo. He’s that good in all aspects of his play.

Agree with almost all of this, other than I don't think he is quick enough to be a top end Premier League defender.

30 minutes ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

Agree with almost all of this, other than I don't think he is quick enough to be a top end Premier League defender.

I keep reading this, but I'm finding it hard to remember anyone leaving Cashin in their wake. I'm sure someone will be able to tell me who, but it's hardly as if he's like Curtis Davis running through treacle!

20 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I keep reading this, but I'm finding it hard to remember anyone leaving Cashin in their wake. I'm sure someone will be able to tell me who, but it's hardly as if he's like Curtis Davis running through treacle!

I agree. The thing is that Cashin has that stocky sort of build that you assume will not be pacey but in fact he is actually quite quick and his positional sense means he is rarely caught out for pace. Is he ready for the prem? Probably not though I suspect he will play at that level in the future. 

13 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I agree. The thing is that Cashin has that stocky sort of build that you assume will not be pacey but in fact he is actually quite quick and his positional sense means he is rarely caught out for pace. Is he ready for the prem? Probably not though I suspect he will play at that level in the future. 

I guess we’ll see - I can recall a few occasions where his last ditch tackling has rescued him when he’s been clearly outpaced.  And this is at L1 level.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy as much as the next Ram, and can see him playing bottom half PL potentially.

1 hour ago, goodgollymickbrolly said:

I don’t know - he’s not pacy like Tomori, but he still makes some incredible recovery tackles. Players like Thiago Silva aren’t exactly rapid but still look top class in the Premier League - I don’t think Cashin would struggle to adapt. 

I think he’s in a very different situation to the summer.  He’s now right in the middle of a promotion battle.  He also knows that Brighton will loan him out, so he’s not going to play in the Prem.  Assuming his extension has been taken in a similar way to Knights, him and the club have probably done a bit of a handshake agreeing to look at the situation again in the summer, depending how this season pans out.

Regardless, if I’m Warne I’m saying to Pearce and Clowes that any possible sales for players like Cashin and Bird need to be done in the first week.  I wouldn’t want any messing about with a sale done on 30th Jan giving 24 hours to get a deal for a replacement sorted, assuming a loan back isn’t an option.

Also - in football transfers, very rarely does much of it get paid up front. If we sell for £4 million, I’d be shocked if we got more than £2 million up front.

That means we have less to play with ourselves to try and entice transfers to us.

Simply - he’s the most important player we have. Do not sell if we want to finish top two.

Hard player to replace if we sold him as Bradley has looked not good enough whilst Forsyth would do a decent effort it’s not the same.

Does the lad want to leave? Could he see a future in the championship with us - I would hope so.

Up to £4 million seems a lot whilst in league one but we hope to be in the championship where we would need a fair few better players and changing centre half’s causes problems usually 

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Also - in football transfers, very rarely does much of it get paid up front. If we sell for £4 million, I’d be shocked if we got more than £2 million up front.

That means we have less to play with ourselves to try and entice transfers to us.

Simply - he’s the most important player we have. Do not sell if we want to finish top two.

It would go for any incomings too, wouldnt be say 1.5m upfront it would probably be 750k