So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

4 hours ago, Carnero said:

Yet Kidderminster were dubbed the "non-league Barcelona" is his 2 years there! 🤷‍♂️

"On 21 April 2016, he was named manager of National League side Kidderminster Harriers, signing a one-year contract until the end of the 2016–17 season.[38] While at the club, Eustace transformed the side's style of play,[39] with the Harriers being dubbed the "non-league Barcelona".[40] Eustace led his side to the play-offs in two seasons, as well as the First Round Proper of the FA Cup.[39]"

just his opinion i suppose.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

I don't think it's about money. Currently it's still about Warne being their man.

The Athletic article had very little 'verbatim' in it was mostly a run through of recent history with a few little snippets thrown in.

"There is still much to be done, though. There is a widely-held belief among fans that the club is short of football know-how. There are two parts to this: one that Pearce and Clowes acknowledged (when I spoke to him after the game), one that confuses them.

The latter is the frequent calls to appoint a director of football. Neither Pearce nor Clowes understands where this has come from, as it is not something they have discussed or believe is necessary. Their best guess is it is an assumption based on Warne’s job title being head coach, not manager, with head coaches often working under directors of football.

Instead they are going with a six-strong “football executive team”, comprised of Pearce, Warne, Hale, chief medical officer Amit Pannu, head of football development and performance Ross Burbeary and head of recruitment Mark Thomas. Like Hale and Warne, who arrived last September, Burbeary and Thomas are relatively new appointments.

Pearce and Clowes did agree with the second part of the Derby being a bit thin on top theory, though, and this relates to the club’s board currently having only two directors, Clowes and Richard Tavernor, the finance director at the owner’s family business, Clowes Developments. The club is looking for three more directors, a chair and two non-executives. Ideally, they will bring complementary skill sets, with the chair likely to have a legal background, and the other two having backgrounds in business and/or high-performance sport."

"But he assured me that paying the bills had not diminished his enjoyment of watching Derby play and he would never do anything that did not help the club. He did not sound like the kind of guy who needs the last word but what he said perfectly he summed up my impressions of the evening as I left.

“We’re just humble people, who want to do things the right way and only want the best for the club.”

If he’s enjoying watching us play I need whoever his dealer is. 

4 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Be interesting to see the leading contenders odds wise when he finally goes. Dino not doing a bad job at burton. Although the football is not what some fans would want here. Certainly gets them fired up and not frightened to give the players a rocket 

He is doing what Warne did at Rothetham though....its easy to be the underdog & get up for games when you're a club that size. Warne's Rotherham team used to run all over us at times.

Warne's style was never going to work here, Clowes must have known this when he hired Warne. I think his appointment was purely on the basis that he thought Warne would get us out this league but failed to see Warne would struggle to make the jump in club size.

Do fans want better football or better results? Its unlikely we will get both from most of the managers out of jobs.

Personally I couldnt care less if we play poorly if we win & get out the league, as that is exactly what i expected from us under Warne.

Edited by DCFC1388

3 hours ago, Gerry Daly said:

The silence coming out of the club is deafening. What does it mean? I would have thought they would say something along the lines of 'Paul Warne has the clubs total confidence and will be given the time to do the job he started' or something like that. The fact they have said nothing other than perhaps briefing local media leads me to believe options are being considered

Hope so 😊

11 minutes ago, SirBrian said:

Warnock could be going to QPR according to the BBC, would be interesting to see what he could do with our lot, love to see him at Derby

Similar to warne probably. Don’t get the sentiment for warnock. If you hate the football under warne then you will hate it under warnock. I’d rather consolidate in league 1 this season under a manager now with pass and move football with a clear identity and something that gets me up and excited to go watch games and then go for it next season. At least if we lost yesterday and I enjoyed the match and could see development I wouldn’t have grumbled 

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Similar to warne probably. Don’t get the sentiment for warnock. If you hate the football under warne then you will hate it under warnock. I’d rather consolidate in league 1 this season under a manager now with pass and move football with a clear identity and something that gets me up and excited to go watch games and then go for it next season. At least if we lost yesterday and I enjoyed the match and could see development I wouldn’t have grumbled 

Because we need out of this league this season. He's far more of an adaptable manager, far more successful and far more intelligent than Warne. 

30 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Warnock is proven at many clubs, last season he kept Huddersfield in the championship, not long ago he did the same with QPR, know doubt he would still have time for Derby to win promotion, and Bucko would learn so much off him.