So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

17 minutes ago, sage said:

If Rooney goes to Brum, I'd have Eustace in a heartbeat 

Now, whilst I’m not keen to see Warne sacked like some are, I do think if and when a change of management happens I’d like an appointment like Eustace rather than another “established” name. 
Also feel if he is replaced by Rooney he’s being very hard done by. 

41 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm only going on what I've seen. The stats don't show what is described in that report.

So fsr this season, they've averaged: 44% possession (18th), 75% pass accuracy (17th), 12.5 shots pg (16th), 69 long balls pg (8th), and 300 short passes per game (19th). 

They are built on defensive solidity, as shown by having only the 12th highest xG, but 3rd best xGA.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I'm only going on what I've seen. The stats don't show what is described in that report.

So fsr this season, they've averaged: 44% possession (18th), 75% pass accuracy (17th), 12.5 shots pg (16th), 69 long balls pg (8th), and 300 short passes per game (19th). 

They are built on defensive solidity, as shown by having only the 12th highest xG, but 3rd best xGA.

So the championship Paul Warne then?

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Yes he was much more easy on the eye at his previous jobs, i'm not sure if this is working with the hands he was dealt or if his style has become more pragmatic

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/10/2023 at 19:01, Caerphilly Ram said:

Also feel if he is replaced by Rooney he’s being very hard done by. 

Birmingham City do have previous form with this type of behaviour. They sacked Rowett when they were doing quite well, brought in another celebrity manager, Zola and the teams form absolutely collapsed. I don't think the Italian maestro lasted too long there. 

3 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

Eustace 

I have a friend who is a very close friend of Eustace, I can say with certainty he would come if offered. Likes the club and would like to be part of the rebuild. Of course, that's not to say he's even been spoken to about it but after today I have to say I've joined the Warne out brigade. For a club of our size and with our resources that was really poor.

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

So bit limited really arnt we 

Well I’d imagine if we were to sack a manager with quite a lot of contract left, then it isn’t going to be cheap. 

When you’re in our financial position, that makes the next move difficult and you’re more likely looking at out of work managers, than being able to pay compo for those in a job. 

If we want promotion, Steve McClaren is the best bet.

IMO, McClaren is a brilliant short term manager. He comes in and makes the players believe. He takes away the fear and pushes morale through the roof. He also helps a lot with skill based coaching, which does improve certain players quickly.

I think we'd go up in the top two with McClaren back.

The problem is that McClaren is poor in the medium term. He's tactically one dimensional - other coaches quickly work out how to counter his system. His recruitment decisions are generally below standard and he has no interest in the academy. He is also pretty lax on discipline so dressing room problems eventually take root.

Once the feelgood factor has worn off, there's not much left. To me, McClaren only works in very specific circumstances...it's just that we're exactly at the place now, where we need a bit of brolly magic.

15 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Well I’d imagine if we were to sack a manager with quite a lot of contract left, then it isn’t going to be cheap. 

When you’re in our financial position, that makes the next move difficult and you’re more likely looking at out of work managers, than being able to pay compo for those in a job. 

Agree