So who would we have then?

Gerry Daly

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

But who would conduct the recruitment process? It would have to be more stringent than the last time!

I'm told that Warne wasn't the number one choice from the interview process but that the costs of employing the number one choice and his proposed staff feell outside of our budget. I don't know how true that is but it came from a reliable source.

On 18/08/2023 at 00:04, S8TY said:

I,m a Warne fan as a person and don't want him sacked but.....forget the results for a moment ...lets see some ruddy football played because the last game was shambolic....If Warne doesn't want us to play football and just wants aimless crosses into the box at every oppurtunity I think it will wear thin, we don't control games anymore, Oxford played some neat stuff around us especially in midfield, and we are looking more and more like an average L1 side , I want us to play better football and control games more, that won't happen with the tactics we seem to be carrying out

I don't mind losing 2-1 if I think we are going in the right direction but like so many others I'm worried ....

I remember under Mac we went to Brighton on a midweek away game very near the end of the season and played them off of the park and controlled the game and lost, On the train I remember hearing Brighton fans say " how did we win that ? and Derby are a very good side and opened Brighton up time and time again but lost "

Defeats like that happen and we had such a good method of play and to think some criticised Mac for not always having a plan B lol...

There's a massive difference losing where you think, we'll be ok we are playing some great stuff than losing and not seeing anything encouraging like the Oxford game.

I want to see some better more controlled football starting against Fleetwood with 4 at the back and Waggy and Wash up top please , lets go back to basics please Mr Warne 

he already has hasn't he?

On 18/08/2023 at 00:04, S8TY said:

I,m a Warne fan as a person and don't want him sacked but.....forget the results for a moment ...lets see some ruddy football played because the last game was shambolic....If Warne doesn't want us to play football and just wants aimless crosses into the box at every oppurtunity I think it will wear thin, we don't control games anymore, Oxford played some neat stuff around us especially in midfield, and we are looking more and more like an average L1 side , I want us to play better football and control games more, that won't happen with the tactics we seem to be carrying out

I don't mind losing 2-1 if I think we are going in the right direction but like so many others I'm worried ....

I remember under Mac we went to Brighton on a midweek away game very near the end of the season and played them off of the park and controlled the game and lost, On the train I remember hearing Brighton fans say " how did we win that ? and Derby are a very good side and opened Brighton up time and time again but lost "

Defeats like that happen and we had such a good method of play and to think some criticised Mac for not always having a plan B lol...

There's a massive difference losing where you think, we'll be ok we are playing some great stuff than losing and not seeing anything encouraging like the Oxford game.

I want to see some better more controlled football starting against Fleetwood with 4 at the back and Waggy and Wash up top please , lets go back to basics please Mr Warne 

just curious, after all that why are you still wanting warne in charge?

Edited by Chris_Martin

On 18/08/2023 at 14:18, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not taking a clean slate approach at all. Last season told us plenty about Warne at Derby County. But I am very much hoping our latest injuries force him into playing a system more suited to our squad and therefore with more chance of winning.

i honestly don't think he knows how. His entire career as a manager he has played the exact same way

46 minutes ago, NOTSA74 said:

I'm told that Warne wasn't the number one choice from the interview process but that the costs of employing the number one choice and his proposed staff feell outside of our budget. I don't know how true that is but it came from a reliable source.

If that were true you'd think Clowes would be getting even more jittery. Find it very hard to believe though, just doesn't ring true from how Clowes is about Warne?

We let a young manger full of potential go to a team in the league above (currently sat 5th), he assembled a squad at short notice and on a show string, got them playing as a group with a clear plan quite quickly and had a very good record before he was replaced.

Only Derby could let that happen 😂😭

If we’re going to spend money getting shut of Warne I doubt we’ll have the money to pay compensation to a club to take their manager, therefore we’ll be looking at managers currently out of work.

Wilder
Holloway
McClaren
Moore
Morris
Conte 😂

Wilder, got the best out of his squad and didn’t break the bank getting Sheff U up the leagues. He needs to rebuild his name and so do we, could be a very good match. 

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, there wasn't a lot to dismantle when he came in - I'm not keen on Warne but but I think that's probably a bit unfair.

We've lost Didzy, Knight and Roberts, all better than we have now. We can't manage more than 3 passes together it seems. Think back to how we played under Rosenior, after we'd got the ball past the defenders! There wasn't much but it was so much more than we have now.