Is Warne living on borrowed time?

36 minutes ago, DRBee said:

Contracts still mean nowt even if David Clowes is determined to run things properly. As a business, the club is results dependent. The statement  "Warne will be here for at least the next 3 years" has no merit. Its built on quicksand. It's a hope. but no more. If we have a brush with relegation this season Warne will be gone.

I would hope Clowes threshold of failure is higher than that. If we are not competing in the top 6 by end of October he surely must be toast. Otherwise I agree. Clowes would not tolerate 3 years of stagnation/non-progress in his construction business.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I often wonder what percentage of the detractors on here actually go to any games? 

I don't think that it particularly matters, as attendance does not necessarily indicate support levels. I'm quite critical of Warne and went to 20 games last season (4 away 15 home), but even if I happened to watch every one of those games on Ramstv, my critiques would still be just as valid, and I'd still support the club in the same way. 

I'd say I care about the club more now and am more dedicated than I was when I was a season ticket holder the year before I left for university. I've now roped my partner into going to games as well, and if we stay together, I'm sure we'll be a rams family. 

17 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't think that it particularly matters, as attendance does not necessarily indicate support levels. I'm quite critical of Warne and went to 20 games last season (4 away 15 home), but even if I happened to watch every one of those games on Ramstv, my critiques would still be just as valid, and I'd still support the club in the same way. 

I'd say I care about the club more now and am more dedicated than I was when I was a season ticket holder the year before I left for university. I've now roped my partner into going to games as well, and if we stay together, I'm sure we'll be a rams family. 

I hope you didn’t study maths at university 😂

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I often wonder what percentage of the detractors on here actually go to any games? 

I wonder the opposite.

What percentage of his online defence force actually go to any games. 

(I was going to say 'his defenders', but  on the evidence of our performances so far this season, his defenders have been almost completely absent)

It's much easier to dismiss people complaining about the Blackpool game with comments about it being 'a knee jerk reaction to be knocked out of a cup competition we were never going to win anyway' when you haven't just paid to  sit there and watched the first half capitulation and 2nd half training exercise for Blackpool, for example.

48 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I wonder the opposite.

(I was going to say 'his defenders', but  on the evidence of our performances so far this season, his defenders have been almost completely absent)

It's much easier to dismiss people complaining about the Blackpool game with comments about it being 'a knee jerk reaction to be knocked out of a cup competition we were never going to win anyway' when you haven't just paid to  sit there and watched the first half capitulation and 2nd half training exercise for Blackpool, for example.

That's a fair point. I still don't think you get the full picture of what a player is doing during the course of a match on TV, but you also don't get the full mood of the crowd, apart from the obvious, of course! 

Tuesday was much more disappointing to me than Saturday because our heads were down completely after we let that early goal in. 

3 hours ago, Kokosnuss said:

I wonder the opposite.

i paid and came a long ways to see us lose mate.

3 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Coming in here to have a go at people who have doubts when we get 1 win is honestly just as bad and reactionary as the people who start expressing their concerns when we get 1 loss

Warne himself has always talked about "not getting too high on wins, and not getting too down on losses".

That’s how I feel now, we still have a club so the only way is up 😊

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Coming in here to have a go at people who have doubts when we get 1 win is honestly just as bad and reactionary as the people who start expressing their concerns when we get 1 loss

Warne himself has always talked about "not getting too high on wins, and not getting too down on losses".

No one has done that...

7 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Does your partner read this forum too, per chance?  👀

8 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

15 + 4 is 20, Quick maff

Was there today like most games after our first we should of made it 0-2 straight after but we did rest of the half burton were better but ive been to every league game at burton they’ve always been more up for it but second half we were different level, NML could of scored bird should 1000% of scored but we didn’t panic and we finished the game off, Warne In up the rams