v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

1 minute ago, Yoxoram said:

But you must be used to it. We've been consistently boring for several years under the management of Clement, Cocu, Rooney and Rosenior.

Exactly but at least under Rooney we had a reason to carry on going same as last season. This season the rules are relaxed and we had an opportunity to get ins and outs. 

I look through this team in forward and midfield areas and every single player is 1 paced. None can last longer than 60 minutes before they look done and dusted yet our manager is a fitness freak. I can’t see any player hitting double figures either apart from maybe Collins. 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Exactly but at least under Rooney we had a reason to carry on going same as last season. This season the rules are relaxed and we had an opportunity to get ins and outs. 

I look through this team in forward and midfield areas and every single player is 1 paced. None can last longer than 60 minutes before they look done and dusted yet our manager is a fitness freak. I can’t see any player hitting double figures either apart from maybe Collins. 

I'm sure our restricted budget was able to outbid other clubs to sign a number of pacey talented footballers that wanted to play in league one.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Don't talk nonsense. We had/have a small squad of very decent players, why should he need so long to get them to play football? 😄

Your interpretation of good players doesn’t make a great team always. This team is full of good individuals but is not a good team

13 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s difficult to sustain an “incredibly high level” for the whole season unless you think we can afford a world class one. He may have dropped off a little towards to the end of the season but only to a good keeper instead of an incredible one. A new keeper is way down the list of priorities for me at the moment. 

Well, I meant “incredibly high” relative to what we can reasonably expect, not nearly world class!

But yes, likewise, I’m not seeing goalie as an area of major concern right now either.