v Blackpool (H) Match Thread

Ambitious

14 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

I wouldn't risk any players who are likely starters on Saturday but I don't think that is allowed. I see the point in allowing the back 3 to get used to each other but did Cashin pickup a knock on Saturday? I've not seen anything to confirm that but it will be interesting to see if he starts.

I think we can all agree that NML will not play as he definitely picked up a knock on Saturday. Vickers might get a run out but I still expect Wildsmith to play against Burton.

Barker said pre-match that NML had tightness in both hamstrings on Saturday so was taken off as a precaution but more than likely it was fatigue and he did train today. I think you’re right that he won’t play, just providing the context as to why he went off but suspect he’ll be fine for Saturday and maybe even the bench tomorrow.

Wildsmith

Ward             Nelson                  Bradley                    Cashin                  Elder

Smith                         Bird

Wilson                                                                           Robinson

Waghorn                  Washington                       

1 minute ago, 1of4 said:

Wildsmith

Ward             Nelson                  Bradley                    Cashin                  Elder

Smith                         Bird

Wilson                                                                           Robinson

Waghorn                  Washington                       

12 should be more than enough to give Blackpool a game.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The main problem for me was having a CM and a RW in the AM/SS roles. It either doesn't suit them, or they aren't yet used to what is expected from them in that part of the field. I think it would work a lot better when you have players like Waghorn and Washington playing there instead.

I agree. It just look right and I don't think they understood their role. Bird is far more effective playing deeper for me and NML is best cutting in from outwide.

Vickers

Nelson   Bradley   Cashin

Wilson                Robinson                 Elder

Thompson         Bird

Washington                   Brown

(9 subs innit?)

(Wildsmith, Ward, Forsyth, Rooney, Smith, Hourihane, Mendez-Laing, Collins, Waghorn) 

* assuming Barkhuizen and Sibley are unavailable and that Warne is sticking with 3-5-2

The lack of creativity in the team and the style of play has me very much ‘meh’. I’ll go watch the lad train instead tonight. Though it is slightly worrying that it’s only the second game of the season, usually I’d be busting a gut to get there. I appreciate the club has to get every penny it can but free to ST holders would boost what I imagine will be a low attendance. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

We've been playing 3421

I thought that we were more like 3241 on Saturday, our 2 wing backs played quite high up the pitch, quite often leaving a lot of space behind them. 

If we're going down the path of lumping in many crosses, we need 2 up front, so I'd go with a 3142 with the 1 protecting the 3 and also dropping back if one of the 3 have to go out wide to challenge a winger.

Missing tonight as away on holiday. Sad to be missing Waggy’s ‘re-debut’, but expect that might add a few to the crowd. Be interesting to see how we get on against another of the relegated teams. I said before Saturday’s game that I thought it’d be decided by an horrendous error (based on the weather rather than two self-inflicted howlers). Hopefully no repeats tonight.

Based on how we tailed off last year I’d be happy to avoid extended cup runs this season, but a home victory tonight would be a welcome boost to confidence before facing East Staffs Ams on Saturday 😜.

Edited by DiggerB

3 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Going to be nice and warm tonight - so no excuses for not getting down to PP . Tickets still on sale today ? Any news on tickets sold ?

Approximately 5,000 home tickets sold, but pay on the day is available so that number should rise.

Blackpool have an allocation of 551, no idea how many of those are sold.

Wildsmith

Nelson                        Bradley                       Cashin     

Ward                           Smith                        Hourihane                       Elder

Bird

Washington                     Collins

Subs - Vickers Rooney Fozzy Wilson Tommo Brown Robinson Maguire

Wouldn't risk NML, we can't start all 3 senior forwards as 2 of them can't do 90 mins, Wilson needs to get 30 mins and elder do no more than 70 mins, probably same with Washington. 

The keeper and back 3 all need to play to iron out the issues.