Ambitious

22 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Vickers

Rooney   Bradley   Cashin

Wilson   Thompson   Bird   Elder

Waghorn   Washington

Collins

Subs: Wildsmith, Nelson, Forsyth, Ward, Hourihane, Mendez-Laing, DBrown

I think this is close, but I'd give (top-scorer) Fozzy the night off and bring Robinson onto the bench. If Elder can't last the pace, Tommo can cover there. And, in an ideal world, both Robinson and Brown would get some second-half game time and a chance to stake their claims.

36 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think this is close, but I'd give (top-scorer) Fozzy the night off and bring Robinson onto the bench. If Elder can't last the pace, Tommo can cover there. And, in an ideal world, both Robinson and Brown would get some second-half game time and a chance to stake their claims.

9 subs in this cup, so add Smith and DRobinson to my bench

24 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I didn't like the 3421 over the weekend. I'd rather have two men up top through the middle and then have one number 10.

Waggy and Washington up top against Blackpool for me.

The main problem for me was having a CM and a RW in the AM/SS roles. It either doesn't suit them, or they aren't yet used to what is expected from them in that part of the field. I think it would work a lot better when you have players like Waghorn and Washington playing there instead.

57 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Whoever plays just please tell the midfielders where you want them to be both in and out of possession Warney.

Theres 3 of them (and 3 CBs). One pass shouldn’t take out the entire spine of our football team we’re not facing Pirlo. 

It's only a 2 man midfield

A few players need minutes  ut the bakc 3 has to start together imo, the more they play together the better the understanding betweem them will get.

352 -

Vickers - Nelson Bradley Cashin - Wilson Robinson Rooney Thompson Elder - Washington Waghorn

Subs - Loach, Forsyth, Ward, Hourihane, Smith, Bird, Radcliffe, Brown Collins

Warne mentioned post match that NML was feeling tightness so doubt we will see him tomorrow night

Edited by DCFC1388

20 hours ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

Vickers

Rooney       Bradley     Cashin

Wilson                  Robinson                  Elder

Thompson                    Bird

Brown              Washington 

Subs- Loach, Fozzy, Ward, Smith, Hourihane, Radcliffe, NML, Collins, Waghorn (assuming all is confirmed by then)

- 9 subs allowed in the cup I believe? Rooney and Thompson need to be playing games whenever they can so I want to see them starting basically every cup fixture if they aren’t starting in the league. Still allows Bradley and Cashin to gel as part of that back 3. Want to see Robinson and Brown at least getting a decent amount of minutes (20-30) if they don’t start, how are they going to prove themselves if we never give them the opportunity? Would like to see Brown play surrounded by first team level players, felt like most of his preseason minutes came towards the end of games when we were giving lots of young players minutes.

- Actually think this midfield might be better suited to the system than the one we saw on Saturday, obviously Robinson is an unknown quantity but there’s plenty of energy and legs and in Bird and Thompson you have a midfield pairing that played a good number of games together in the championship. I feel that Bird is better suited to the roles that Hourihane and Smith were playing on Saturday, where he can make interceptions and tackles, which for me are possibly his biggest strength, and have more time to pick his passes.

I put waghorn in with young lad upfront.

I wouldn't risk any players who are likely starters on Saturday but I don't think that is allowed. I see the point in allowing the back 3 to get used to each other but did Cashin pickup a knock on Saturday? I've not seen anything to confirm that but it will be interesting to see if he starts.

I think we can all agree that NML will not play as he definitely picked up a knock on Saturday. Vickers might get a run out but I still expect Wildsmith to play against Burton.