Max Bird

angieram

I don't know why I bothered creating a new thread to talk about Max Bird the footballer when all some of you want to harp on about is the bloody transfer speculation. 🤷🏻‍♀️

There's a thread over in the TRANSFER forum and several threads on here for you to all wallow in your doom and gloom, without bringing it in here! 

schitts creek goodbye GIF by CBC

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't know why I bothered creating a new thread to talk about Max Bird the footballer when all some of you want to harp on about is the bloody transfer speculation. 🤷🏻‍♀️

There's a thread over in the TRANSFER forum and several threads on here for you to all wallow in your doom and gloom, without bringing it in here! 

schitts creek goodbye GIF by CBC

Appreciate it @angieram. I’m hoping he stays and flourishes in the more advanced, creative role Warne is intending for him this season. 
I’ve wanted Bird to play in that way for a while, think his touch and vision could unlock defences at this level, plus the couple of long distance screamers he scored last season show he can shoot we just need him to do so more often and I think he’s in for a great season….provided he stays! 

I too am looking forwards to seeing him running free. I have said all along that he was wasted at CDM. Circumstance nay be claimed as to why he was played there, but he wasn’t the only team member who could play that role. And we were short of someone to unlock opposition defences, seeing as the only other player seemingly with that gift was either left back or left out.

Go for it Max, as Carefully Ram suggests this is his season!!!0

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, taggy180 said:

Awesome performance second half. Was involved in everything positive and should have got the goal his performance deserved. If he has bids in for him it didn't show and showed some quality link up play nml. Keep it going max lad 🐑

He’s a good young player and it baffles me why some people give him stick 🤷

4 minutes ago, derbydaz22 said:

He’s a good young player and it baffles me why some people give him stick 🤷

He's had a very good second half but not all perfect best he's been In a long time! He's positioning let's him down but 2nd half worked harder then he has ever has