Max Bird

angieram

I hope he sticks around for the season even if we lose him on a free promotion or not. If he can play like he did second half on a consistent basis, he'll be rewarded with a much better move than Hull 

I have been highly critical of Bird on the forum and I do not take the criticism back. But, he was very good yesterday. He worked as hard as I think I've ever seen him. I especially liked it when he tracked back and stopped a Burton attack in the second half. He was good going forward and heavily involved in our attacks. I'll even forgive him for the missed chance. Any of us who have played football at any level will have had something similar to that happen to us and it shouldn't detract from his overall performance. Well done Max Bird.

22 minutes ago, Yoxoram said:

I have been highly critical of Bird on the forum and I do not take the criticism back. But, he was very good yesterday. He worked as hard as I think I've ever seen him. I especially liked it when he tracked back and stopped a Burton attack in the second half. He was good going forward and heavily involved in our attacks. I'll even forgive him for the missed chance. Any of us who have played football at any level will have had something similar to that happen to us and it shouldn't detract from his overall performance. Well done Max Bird.

I think the goalkeeper deflected the ball behind Max .

Slight deflections can mean you run past the ball and can’t get your feet right .

Criticizing Bird is ridiculous in my eyes as he always gives his best for the team whatever .