Fozzys Big Day Derby vs Stoke

NottsRam77

1 minute ago, alram said:

they should look the better team, they are in the league above us, the fact is we won comfortably

i dont disagree that we still need to improve but stoke were not by far the better team today

They were better, if they could shoot straight it would of looked far different 

Just now, eddy779h34 said:

They were better, if they could shoot straight it would of looked far different 

I assume you don't count our first league win then, cos if Leeds or Liverpool could shoot straight on the last day we'd not have won.

Honestly mate, take some joy from life. Go to the pub. Kiss a woman. Have a dance. It's Saturday night and the rams won.

2 minutes ago, KBB said:

You seem to have ignored the previous 70 too

Sonny Bradley looked class Ward was very good also..Bird again had a good game but he needs help  to allow him to play . Thats my view and I think anyone who saw the game would agree 

Really enjoyed that. We looked much better balanced. Some brilliant goals scored. Thought smith looked good, Bradley was a colossus at the back and Ward really looks a good player that will get many assists. 

Was impressed with Collo for his goal. Came deep to the half way line then ended up in the box for a header. 

Was also a great day for Fozzy and loved seeing Bryso, Nuge, Waggy and Jonno back in a Derby shirt at Pride Park. 

4 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Sonny Bradley looked class Ward was very good also..Bird again had a good game but he needs help  to allow him to play . Thats my view and I think anyone who saw the game would agree 

Remind us what area of the pitch Bird plays in? Last I checked he’s a midfielder, you issued an earlier generalised comment, slightly paraphrased, saying our midfield was rubbish….which is it?

We scored 3 goals, they score 0, you can attribute that to their own failings if that’s your perspective, I’d rather attribute it (at least in part) to our defensive effort and goalkeeping. Blocks, tackles and saves contributed to a clean sheet. They’re in the league above and so are arguably meant to be a stern test, if they controlled the game in parts that’s to be expected, however our side won 3-0 in their second game in 4 days….there’s reasons to be cheerful. 

13 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Really ?   how many shots did we have apart from the goals  , The wing back helped us get forward a bit but centre midfield  ...no bite  A typical case of the score clouds your thoughts . I am Derby through and through but we looked really good in defence in in the centre of midfield we struggled to control the game in any shape of form 

And how many shots did they have that looked remotely dangerous ? One fine save from Joe, one dangerous moment when a pass out was a bit short. Apart from that I didn’t feel edgy at all. Bradley had their No 9 in his pocket. Midfield was a pretty even game. Our defence was solid and precise and we took our chances. 3-0 flattering maybe but we were deserved winners.

not sure about Kane Wilson, looked rusty in touch and decision making questionable but it is pre season. 
Joe Ward … woooah he’s going to scare some defences. Did a Jamie of the same name as well .. hit the ball one way and run round the other side. Love that 🤣
Who was the tallish dark haired young lad (was he no 25 ?) looked sharp with a nice touch.

Great afternoon and a salute to Fozzy

29 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

I don't think so...... I thought Stoke were far the better team ....... Derby have got big problems in midfield and it needs addressing 

We are really lightweight and sit too deep. When Smith went off we were awful ... It has to be said, also we need more pace up front 

If that was us with big problems, I can’t wait to see us when we start to click! 

20 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Really ?   how many shots did we have apart from the goals  , The wing back helped us get forward a bit but centre midfield  ...no bite  A typical case of the score clouds your thoughts . I am Derby through and through but we looked really good in defence in in the centre of midfield we struggled to control the game in any shape of form 

We were 3 nil up and stoke obviously got a rocket at HT, of course the midfield sat deep. Last 15 mins we had 2 retired players and another (waggy) who won't have trained with the team. Are we the finished article? Of course not but this was a big step up from the games so far

33 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

I don't think so...... I thought Stoke were far the better team ....... Derby have got big problems in midfield and it needs addressing 

We are really lightweight and sit too deep. When Smith went off we were awful ... It has to be said, also we need more pace up front 

Gump alert... Awooga awooga.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Did you watch that?

Looks like he’s been in a pizza bucket not a cup. 

No thanks.

He’d need to be a hell of a lot fitter to get in to a PW side. Brad J looked good though. Good option if ever required.

5 minutes ago, jono said:

not sure about Kane Wilson, looked rusty in touch and decision making questionable but it is pre season. 

I thought he looked a good few months from fitness, he's a player who seems to have a sticky out chest and a sticky out bum (Luke Shaw esque) though so some of it could be illusion.

He was visibly knackered after his first run up the field and shied away from the ball for a while afterwards.

Didn't see him use his left foot once so a bit dubious as to whether he can really play there.

Edited by Kokosnuss

30 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

I was there. I thought Smith had a great first half. Harried and won the ball back, distributed it well and delivered the cross for Collo’s goal. So no, I don’t agree!