Fozzys Big Day Derby vs Stoke

NottsRam77

Much more difficult second half and quite fortunate to come away with a clean sheet. Somewhat to be expected when you bring on a load of school kids and pensioners. 

Great day though for Forsyth, and brilliant result against a team in the division above. Gives me a bit more faith in our previous misfiring attack.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

When did I say I hated Collins? I just don't rate his footballing skills, except for in the box - which I've already said. I can't understand why posters need to make things up?

You may not have said you hate him but that's how I have interpreted, rightly or wrongly, your feelings about him. How else could you not care even if he scored a shed load of goals? As you say, very odd. Heaven forbid a striker's only real skill is in the box scoring load of goals (if that's what he achieved next season). Who would want that kind of player in the team? 🙂

I don’t know about anybody else’s situation but time for me just flies by these days. Crazy to think we’re only 2 weeks away from the season opener.

Seems only a couple of weeks ago people were complaining about the players taking summer holidays abroad but in truth that was at the end of May.

The final day defeat at Sheffield Wednesday was on May 7, which was eleven weeks ago.

36 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

I've completly missed the game today literally only just got to see the score on twitter from waiting room waiting for surgery (I know, you didn't ask for my life story). So someone sum up what (or maybe how on earth) I've missed? 

Weak stoke side, or are we amazing now? Is Wagghorn being locked in a room after this? Is Johnson over 21 yet? 

As @Kokosnuss said we were second best until we scored the first goal and then we suddenly come to life and scored 3 very good goals. 

Second half we seemed to be content with what we had and sat back a bit. Stoke never really troubled us and it ended a comfortable victory, even with the introduction of the old guard.

Overall a chalk and cheese type performance to the Chesterfield game where we looked lethargic and leggy. We seemed up for it in this one and a yard quicker than Stoke.

Stand out performer for me was Sonny Bradley. Calm, assured and a rock at the back. 

3 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t know about anybody else’s situation but time for me just flies by these days. Crazy to think we’re only 2 weeks away from the season opener.

Seems only a couple of weeks ago people were complaining about the players taking summer holidays abroad but in truth that was at the end of May.

The final day defeat at Sheffield Wednesday was on May 7, which was eleven weeks ago.

Undefeated in 11 weeks is promotion form. You heard it here first.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If that Stoke team was anywhere near their starting XI they are bang in trouble

I don't think so...... I thought Stoke were far the better team ....... Derby have got big problems in midfield and it needs addressing 

We are really lightweight and sit too deep. When Smith went off we were awful ... It has to be said, also we need more pace up front 

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You may not have said you hate him but that's how I have interpreted, rightly or wrongly, your feelings about him. How else could you not care even if he scored a shed load of goals? As you say, very odd. Heaven forbid a striker's only real skill is in the box scoring load of goals (if that's what he achieved next season). Who would want that kind of player in the team? 🙂

It was a joke in reply to @David's comment on my football judgement. 😄

4 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

I don't think so...... I thought Stoke were far the better team ....... Derby have got big problems in midfield and it needs addressing 

We are really lightweight and sit too deep. When Smith went off we were awful ... It has to be said, also we need more pace up front 

Maybe I'm on the crack, but I don't agree with pretty much all of that.

Just now, KBB said:

Maybe I'm on the crack, but I don't agree with pretty much all of that.

Really ?   how many shots did we have apart from the goals  , The wing back helped us get forward a bit but centre midfield  ...no bite  A typical case of the score clouds your thoughts . I am Derby through and through but we looked really good in defence in in the centre of midfield we struggled to control the game in any shape of form 

13 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Assuming this is a parody.

Of course we were worse in midfield toward the end of the game. We had a semi-retired Johnson (otherwise known as being at half mast) and a fully retired Bryson playing 🤣

Edited by Kokosnuss

12 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

they should look the better team, they are in the league above us, the fact is we won comfortably

i dont disagree that we still need to improve but stoke were not by far the better team today, that is nonsense

Edited by alram

11 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

Rubbish. By far the better teams don't lose 3-0. As for your other ridiculously negative and unfounded comments dear me 

1 minute ago, eddy779h34 said:

Really ?   how many shots did we have apart from the goals  , The wing back helped us get forward a bit but centre midfield  ...no bite  A typical case of the score clouds your thoughts . I am Derby through and through but we looked really good in defence in in the centre of midfield we struggled to control the game in any shape of form 

Doubling down a bit there.

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

It's my favourite thing about being a derby fan. We can spank a team a division above us, with an 82 year old Nugent on the pitch, and our fans will still moan.

ignore the last 20 minutes it was meaningless

3 minutes ago, eddy779h34 said:

this has got to be a red dog