Women's World Cup

therealhantsram

34 minutes ago, Long Time Lurker said:

Was it as good as Harry Kane's second penalty versus France?

Tough one. I'd say Morgan's was worse. When you've got a 5ft 5 goalkeeper and miss it, and then fake an injury on the follow up, that's a stinker.

I don't agree with the women's tournament being expanded to 32 teams at this time.

Some of the nations are all amateur or part-timers.

The pointless one-sided drubbings are starting to appear. USA 27 goal attempts vs 0 for Vietnam.

The size of the tournament should follow the expansion and development of the women's game. 24 teams sounds about right IMHO 

14 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I don't agree with the women's tournament being expanded to 32 teams at this time.

Some of the nations are all amateur or part-timers.

The pointless one-sided drubbings are starting to appear. USA 27 goal attempts vs 0 for Vietnam.

The size of the tournament should follow the expansion and development of the women's game. 24 teams sounds about right IMHO 

Tend to agree. Imagine England are going to tear Haiti a new one, and not sure what’s to be gained from that from anyone involved or fans watching. 

A musical interlude in honour of the ladies game, and the aforementioned protective furniture covering of olde...

EIEIEOE, On my chair back for all to see,
When it gets too greasy, In the wash it goes.
Won't get an iron, the wife's had a lie in.
Bloody girls footy!

(*Finish with an optional 1930's stylee "OY"!)

Repeat until bored, or when told to shut up and go and wash the pots.

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Hope Haiti get a goal. 

Presumably you assumed England were going to score at least 2 and didn't actually want England to only draw? Haiti have deserved a goal and possibly even a point but, regardless of the sport, competition or opposition, I always want England to win.

12 minutes ago, SSD said:

I guess if they want equality, I'll give them the same opinion as I would the men's team.

Awful performance however I thought Haiti did themselves very proud.

Lots to improve on.

All those bright young things of 12 months ago appear to have gone missing. Our play was predictable but sloppy.

3 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Lots to improve on.

All those bright young things of 12 months ago appear to have gone missing. Our play was predictable but sloppy.

Lots of players out injured and it shows. But yeah, very sloppy. Even basic passes, let alone final ball or shot.