Women's World Cup

therealhantsram

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Var sticks it's oar in to the delight of everyone who couldn't just accept a referee's decision.

On balance I'd say Nigeria are shading it but think England have a gear to go up if they can find it.

Clear nudge inside the box but the ref chickened out after VAR called her over. What I don't get as well is how come it wasn't given as a foul outside the box either, but I suppose that's not how VAR works.

2 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Can't believe that was overturned. The ref was right there and had a great view. How was that a clear and obvious error! Ridiculous. 

It did look soft, but why did they wait until she was lining up to take the thing to go and look? VAR is still so crap.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Clear nudge inside the box but the ref chickened out after VAR called her over. What I don't get as well is how come it wasn't given as a foul outside the box either, but I suppose that's not how VAR works.

Exactly, it's only not a pen if it's a foul outside. In which case, why no free kick?

Still, it's a good game.

Nigeria have worked really hard and are good value as things stand, but we've really not passed the ball well at all. They're there for the taking if we can sharpen up, but we'll need to be brave and move the ball quicker if we're to take anything from this game.

9 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I can see this one going to penalties. 😟

I'd take penalties at this point. Timely tactical injury here.

This feels like a Prem U21 team playing a strong Championship team. Being outmuscled.