Phillip Schofield

Day

12 minutes ago, angieram said:

Is there some reason why this is all over the BBC as if he's some sort of important person?

I don't know. I know what he presents, but I've never seen it. There has to be more to it though. Does everyone who has had an affair at work have to resign now? Have we gone 60 years back in time ?

1 minute ago, ketteringram said:

I don't know. I know what he presents, but I've never seen it. There has to be more to it though. Does everyone who has had an affair at work have to resign now? Have we gone 60 years back in time ?

It's not the standard affair, whilst not illegal (his words), the lad was a teenager looking to get into TV, Schofield helped him and then got into a relationship with him.

Things ended, the lad was crushed apparently and had to be moved on to another show.

The optics around this don't look good, especially as there is a photo floating around where the lad was at school.

As I say, he claims nothing illegal went on, morally though it's not good.

1 minute ago, David said:

It's not the standard affair, whilst not illegal (his words), the lad was a teenager looking to get into TV, Schofield helped him and then got into a relationship with him.

Things ended, the lad was crushed apparently and had to be moved on to another show.

The optics around this don't look good, especially as there is a photo floating around where the lad was at school.

As I say, he claims nothing illegal went on, morally though it's not good.

IMG_0819.jpeg

I think the key thing was Schofield’s dishonesty.

Also he was in a position of power. Whilst the story will become salacious,  it’s a typical older man, younger partner work thing.

Trouble is, presenters like Schofield adopt a serious-faced judgmental approach to stories like this for a living.

The Daily Mail will be priapic for weeks.

48 minutes ago, ketteringram said:

There's a power imbalance . To me that makes it a bit morally wrong in any workplace but in this case totally wrong especially when he lied about it, and all the other stuff around it.   

Unfortunately the Worlds full of people of the same ilk as Schofield, Money, Power, Influence and the most cunning of all...the face of TV, A clean cut likeable fella who until he "came out" had it all, Once he opened the door to that closet a hornets nest followed.

Starting life as a Blue Peter presenter, Then having a hand in Gordon the Gopher then moving onto a breakfast TV show, You build a pack of cards for money and fame, Take 1 card away and your World comes tumbling down.

No doubt there'll be more stories to follow soon enough Sleepy Polar Bear GIF by PBS

41 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think the key thing was Schofield’s dishonesty.

But haven't we all moved on? Shouldn't the airwaves be full of his supporters telling how this is all just 'nonsense'? Maybe Phil could just go out and stop a few boats then we'd all realise he's a damned principled fellow underneath all of this. 

5 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Unfortunately the Worlds full of people of the same ilk as Schofield, Money, Power, Influence and the most cunning of all...the face of TV, A clean cut likeable fella who until he "came out" had it all, Once he opened the door to that closet a hornets nest followed.

Starting life as a Blue Peter presenter, Then having a hand in Gordon the Gopher then moving onto a breakfast TV show, You build a pack of cards for money and fame, Take 1 card away and your World comes tumbling down.

No doubt there'll be more stories to follow soon enough Sleepy Polar Bear GIF by PBS

He came out because this grooming/ affair story was surfacing on the internet, I saw it long before he came out on tv 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

There's a power imbalance . To me that makes it a bit morally wrong in any workplace but in this case totally wrong especially when he lied about it, and all the other stuff around it.   

Seems to be a lot of odd moral outrage about him 'lying about it', which seems pretty ridiculous.  

He's hardly going to be honest about doing something that is highly reprehensible behaviour at best!

Focusing on him lying and distancing themselves is just a smokescreen by those who colluded to not bring it all into the light, rather than being the actual nub of the matter - which is basically him using his position in a  way that is looking worse each day.  

Imo he resigned precisely because it was all coming out, which is what would have happened if he'd been honest from the beginning! He's an awful lot of things but completely stupid isn't one of them.