Phillip Schofield

Day

2 hours ago, Loughborough Ram said:

Details matter, not age.

My wife and I got together even she was 17 and I was 31. She is now 43 and we are still married.

This isn't a defence of Phillip schofield, because he's a complete narcissist in my opinion, but the age is only a factor when it comes to the legalities in my opinion.

Presumably she passed her driving test first time 👍

46 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Nice distraction from proper news.

Meanwhile our government uses the courts to stop its own inquiry from looking at evidence.

Yep all that covid stuff us conspiracy theorists were imagining 😂, then net zero where we are the only country in the agreement for timescale targets actually put in law that if we don’t hit them fines will be imposed ultimately comming out of the tax payers pockets ,, you couldn’t make this poo up 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Yep all that covid stuff us conspiracy theorists were imagining 😂, then net zero where we are the only country in the agreement for timescale targets actually put in law that if we don’t hit them fines will be imposed ultimately comming out of the tax payers pockets ,, you couldn’t make this poo up 

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Archied said:

There is much more going on than the media articles would suggest. Apart from distracting us from the covid enquiry, and the cost of greed scam, our attitudes are being manipulated. It is a known psychological method called "The 6-Step Attitudinal Plan". It starts with a news story breaking carrying a subject that has a shock/horror element to it, but then it re-appears multiple times with a subtle shift of emphasis. In this case it starts with the horror that Schofield's young boy was only 12 (some say 11) when they met, hence the accusations of grooming. The next bout of stories bring out Schofield's claim that he was 15 when the friendship started to develop. Oh that's all right. 15 isn't so bad. Much better than if the kid was 12. Cue the general public's sigh of relief. Ignoring the fact that at 15 the boy is still a minor, so grooming is still a possibility. But the next series of articles start laying on us the idea that Schofield is being pestered by the media, which is completely unfair, so he should be left alone. And Schofield has used this, playing his own victim card. And suddenly the public's aversion to the possibility of grooming a minor has been shifted onto Schofield's right to privacy. And the issue of paedophilia has been relegated to being less important than a person's right to privacy. Not that the accusations are proven. They don't have to be. Because that is not the goal of the process. It is subtly making a practice which is seen as abhorrent become more acceptable. 

It was used when Matt Hancock was in the spotlight for the Covid PPE scandal. Suddenly he was caught groping his assistant, and that was presented as worse than ripping the tax payer off for billions of pounds. We got it for the Downing Street Covid parties, we were getting over Michael Jackson, who had also been accused of kiddy-fiddling, and the narrative shifted to him being hounded by the media, with calls to "leave him alone". Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

And no, I don't treat a box of kitchen foil as milliner's material.

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Yes @DavesaRamSame as the constant media portrayal of the people protesting against bad stuff as being worse than the thing they are protesting against. People lap that up

I like it when Far Right parties exploit complex issues, then spread lies and misinformation to inflame the situation (quite literally inflame when some idiot tries arson).

4 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I like it when Far Right parties exploit complex issues, then spread lies and misinformation to inflame the situation (quite literally inflame when some idiot tries arson).

Are there far right parties in this country ? Genuine question 

55 minutes ago, Archied said:

The main ones are the British National Party, the English Defence League, the British Freedom Party, the dear old National Front (UK), and the England First Party. There are also several small neo-Nazi groups like National Action, South East Alliance (SEA) and North West Infidels (NWI) and Patriotic Alternative. And let's not forget the Boris Blowhards, the worst of the fookin lot 😋

49 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The main ones are the British National Party, the English Defence League, the British Freedom Party, the dear old National Front (UK), and the England First Party. There are also several small neo-Nazi groups like National Action, South East Alliance (SEA) and North West Infidels (NWI) and Patriotic Alternative. And let's not forget the Boris Blowhards, the worst of the fookin lot 😋

I honestly didn’t know those type of groups were still around , surely they must be absolutely tiny in number and not regarded as political parties 🤷🏻‍♂️, they must be more like the flat earth mob 

31 minutes ago, Archied said:

I honestly didn’t know those type of groups were still around , surely they must be absolutely tiny in number and not regarded as political parties 🤷🏻‍♂️, they must be more like the flat earth mob 

Google is your friend, but we're getting a long way off topic here so it's a polite but hard pass from me. 

11 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Google is your friend, but we're getting a long way off topic here so it's a polite but hard pass from me. 

No probs , genuinely surprised there are any of these types of groups from yesteryear still around apart from a few loons

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Any party that supports privatisation of public services, curbs trade union rights, weakens human rights, makes it more difficult for poor people to vote, is in favour of pumping s*** into rivers and believes austerity is a sensible policy is far right to me.

As you can imagine, I've not got many parties to vote for anymore.

12 hours ago, Archied said:

You must be aware that they have been involved in a few tiny protests lately, which they were able to amplify and exploit. I posted a report of anti-asylum seeker protests in Cannock they exploited and they also got lots of publicity for the drag queen storytelling protests they were involved in.