Phillip Schofield

Day

51 minutes ago, Archied said:

He came out because this grooming/ affair story was surfacing on the internet, I saw it long before he came out on tv 🤷🏻‍♂️

This I was unaware of, I saw the headlines when he "came out" and left it at that, It never surprises me when people make a rod for their own backs, The only surprise is...we all fall for it...and of course...have an opinion😉

56 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Seems to be a lot of odd moral outrage about him 'lying about it', which seems pretty ridiculous.  

He's hardly going to be honest about doing something that is highly reprehensible behaviour at best!

Focusing on him lying and distancing themselves is just a smokescreen by those who colluded to not bring it all into the light, rather than being the actual nub of the matter - which is basically him using his position in a  way that is looking worse each day.  

Imo he resigned precisely because it was all coming out, which is what would have happened if he'd been honest from the beginning! He's an awful lot of things but completely stupid isn't one of them.

If you lie to your employer that is breach of trust and effectively of contract. So whatever you think about the morals ( and I think it does make it worse morally) then the employer is perfectly justified in sacking him. In fact they didn’t have any choice. 

9 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think the key thing was Schofield’s dishonesty.

Also he was in a position of power. Whilst the story will become salacious,  it’s a typical older man, younger partner work thing.

Trouble is, presenters like Schofield adopt a serious-faced judgmental approach to stories like this for a living.

The Daily Mail will be priapic for weeks.

What a great word! 👍

Thanks for using it... and thanks to Google for telling me what it means.  I can see me using this at least three times a week, if only in the office, to make me look intelligent... and there's only two of us in our office!  🤣

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

What a great word! 👍

Thanks for using it... and thanks to Google for telling me what it means.  I can see me using this at least three times a week, if only in the office, to make me look intelligent... and there's only two of us in our office!  🤣

You know there’s another forum, somewhere on the internet, where @Anag Ram has made the same statement. 

1 hour ago, TigerTedd said:

You know there’s another forum, somewhere on the internet, where @Anag Ram has made the same statement. 

No.  No, I didn't know that.  

Thanks for letting me know... although I concede I've no idea why you did.  I'm guessing there's a point, and I've just missed it?  🤷‍♂️

The company I was working for'in the early noughties decided they should introduce some company values.

After much focus group work, branding and creative design they came up with

Passion

Respect 

Integrity 

Accountability

Pushing beyond boundaries

A bit of contrivance led me to the mnemonic PRIAPUS....which as you will have found, lead to a rich source of laddish humour and classic images 

Wouldn't be allowed these days....🤣

7 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Schofield has been rightly sacked, forced to resign. Not on the Savile or Harris scale though is he? 

I don't know. Schofield was sacked once his behaviour became public knowledge. Savile died before his actions became public knowledge.

I'm sure the BBC would have terminated any association with him if it was public what he'd done, but I don't think that makes things any better.

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

No.  No, I didn't know that.  

Thanks for letting me know... although I concede I've no idea why you did.  I'm guessing there's a point, and I've just missed it?  🤷‍♂️

The point being that maybe he learned it from one forum, and used it to sound smart here, and then you learned it from this forum and will use it to sound smart in the office, and maybe your colleague will learn it from you and use it to sound smart somewhere else. And so the cycle continues. Who knows where the cycle started? These are things that keep me awake at night. 

7 hours ago, The Last Post said:

This I was unaware of, I saw the headlines when he "came out" and left it at that, It never surprises me when people make a rod for their own backs, The only surprise is...we all fall for it...and of course...have an opinion😉

Schofield makes a rod for other unthinkable things

12 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Savile died before his actions became public knowledge.

The public was saved by the powers that be at the time, Saville had very powerful associates who may or may not have known of his dark secrets, His presentation by the then Queen saved her from embarrassment.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

I am outraged - OUTRAGED I tell you - that I really can't give two hoots about this nonsense.

I get that and I’m kind of with you but if it’s one of your kids or grandkids falling prey to skuzzers like our Phil and those who protect them as golden goose money spinners it has a different slant so when all said and done I’m ok with media hype exposing him🤷🏻‍♂️

12 hours ago, Eddie said:

I am outraged - OUTRAGED I tell you - that I really can't give two hoots about this nonsense.

I have never watched any telly programmes with Schofield in them so I don't give  stuff about him. But the way that powerful people can take advantage of their positions and of  impressionable and vulnerable young men and women, well I do care about that quite a lot. 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

I get that and I’m kind of with you but if it’s one of your kids or grandkids falling prey to skuzzers like our Phil and those who protect them as golden goose money spinners it has a different slant so when all said and done I’m ok with media hype exposing him🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty much. I wasn't condoning his actions.