Phillip Schofield

Day

32 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Eamonn Holmes is should be careful what he says.  Others could certainly accuse him of turning a blind eye, and towing the line…

Exhibit A 

IMG_6500.jpeg

Think he says he had that comming out live on tv sprung on him and Ruth and was put on the spot , that said I’m not sure he is coming across genuinely without bitchy personal / professional axe to grind so not really helping in my view, he’s muddying the waters of an issue that should be very clear

What a deeply selfish man , he feels like the victim of hate , he says homophobia is behind some of it , he says he knows how Caroline flack felt , he says his daughters are keeping him away from suicide, he says his carrer is gone and can only see gloom ahead and won’t know how to be or what to do with his days ,,, ,

you know what how about not putting your daughters through sheer worry and misery and saying you know what girls you don’t need to worry sick as I’m going to get through this for YOU , YOU are the most important things in my life and I would never put you through that ,

he has ducked up big style , take it FULLY on the chin ,accept what comes with that , never do it again and try to do some good and put back in as many areas as you can in life 🤷🏻‍♂️

The coverage is a bit much now, saying that he has the money to go into hiding until all blows over.

If you take the fame, rightly or wrongly you have to accept the press that will come with the good and the bad.

That interview will have done him no favours at all. If anything, backs up what Eamon Holmes was saying...it's all about him.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

What a deeply selfish man , he feels like the victim of hate , he says homophobia is behind some of it , he says he knows how Caroline flack felt , he says his daughters are keeping him away from suicide, he says his carrer is gone and can only see gloom ahead and won’t know how to be or what to do with his days ,,, ,

you know what how about not putting your daughters through sheer worry and misery and saying you know what girls you don’t need to worry sick as I’m going to get through this for YOU , YOU are the most important things in my life and I would never put you through that ,

he has ducked up big style , take it FULLY on the chin ,accept what comes with that , never do it again and try to do some good and put back in as many areas as you can in life 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don’t have a great deal of sympathy for Schofield (although I suspect he does have a point, to an extend, and the level of attention may not have been quite as high if it had been a heterosexual relationship) and obviously don’t know what his true state of mind is but your sentiment may be easier said than done. I suspect a large proportion of people that see ending it all as the only way out of what they consider an intolerable situation they find themselves in (whether self inflicted or not) leave loved ones behind.

12 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don’t have a great deal of sympathy for Schofield (although I suspect he does have a point, to an extend, and the level of attention may not have been quite as high if it had been a heterosexual relationship) and obviously don’t know what his true state of mind is but your sentiment may be easier said than done. I suspect a large proportion of people that see ending it all as the only way out of what they consider an intolerable situation they find themselves in (whether self inflicted or not) leave loved ones behind.

I don't agree with that. It would have been worse. If a bloke groomed a young girl until she was of age, it would have been made a way bigger deal of.

Schofield and Co don’t really feature in my life and so I don’t have any strong feelings either way but I do think that people should be careful when vilifying others.

I know he has been a bit pompous about other people’s behaviour in the past as many presenters have but now his secret is out I think he needs leaving alone.

By that I mean not having him interviewed for a while.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Schofield and Co don’t really feature in my life and so I don’t have any strong feelings either way but I do think that people should be careful when vilifying others.

I know he has been a bit pompous about other people’s behaviour in the past as many presenters have but now his secret is out I think he needs leaving alone.

By that I mean not having him interviewed for a while.

God forbid there's not a Royal death sometime soon, I'd hate to see him at the front of the queue...again😁

4 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

The bit I don’t like is the threat of feeling suicidal as a threat to stop investigation and consequences for being caught out 

8 hours ago, Archied said:

I think he should just shut up now. Claiming it is homophobia, no sorry that's rubbish, total rubbish. I doubt he would have survived in his job as long as he had if he had been found to be cheating on his wife for 25 years by going with loads of young women without telling her. He would have been cancelled for that alone. Instead of which he claims to be brave for admitting it.  

He says there was no toxicity at This Morning, but later whines that there’s homophobia. He says he’s lost everything yet nobody whipped his £8 million out of his bank account did they? 
The person he feels most regret for is the young man involved. Really? Bet his wife and kids loved that extra little kick in the teeth. He’s unbelievably self centred 

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

He says there was no toxicity at This Morning, but later whines that there’s homophobia. He says he’s lost everything yet nobody whipped his £8 million out of his bank account did they? 
The person he feels most regret for is the young man involved. Really? Bet his wife and kids loved that extra little kick in the teeth. He’s unbelievably self centred 

Truth is this story was out there and about to be exposed , the comming out on tv was a cynical move to head it off , it worked for a short while and gained support and sympathy ( far more than his wife and children recieved ) so no surprise he plays the homophobic card now to gain sympathy and support , perhaps his wife may whip some of his £millions in divorcé settlement

8 minutes ago, Archied said:

Truth is this story was out there and about to be exposed , the comming out on tv was a cynical move to head it off , it worked for a short while and gained support and sympathy ( far more than his wife and children recieved ) so no surprise he plays the homophobic card now to gain sympathy and support , perhaps his wife may whip some of his £millions in divorcé settlement

I wonder why she clings on in there. 
the grand coming out nonsense took place after the young guy made a scene at an awards ceremony I think. 

3 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

The only thing more risible than old Pip painting himself as the victim in this tawdry affair, is Eamon Holmes giving it the 'come on if you think you're hard enough' routine. Just a pair of narcissistic bellends IMO.

Yep ,it’s important to look beyond the personal and professional jealous axe to grind stuff from eamon and stick to the facts , very telling that Phil talks of the vilification of an innocent young boy who I have not seen a single bad word said about , has been treated rightly as the victim and his identity not outed who Phil says he has engaged and is paying for a lawyer for because he needs independent protection, hmmmm , interesting when Phil started down the line to playing it as him struggling with his sexuality and the young man being there at that time creating the perfect storm to which the interviewer asks if this was his first gay experience, Phil cuts that right off and won’t talk about that ,

the reason he bangs on about the young man’s hurt more than his wife and kids hurt is simply because the young man can blow him out the water ,,,, sorry saga of a deeply unpleasant tv star caught I the act and trying to cling on to his credibility and career, there’s deffo more to come out 🤷🏻‍♂️
the age of this child when they met and the events and timescale that follow mean the only way this is not grooming is if schofield doesn’t have sexual contact with him🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied