Academy thread 23/24

IlsonDerby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Manus under 18s are a class above aren’t they this season? 

and we’ve pushed them all the way despite them poaching loads of our best players during admin who’d be in our under 18 side now. 

Very proud day for our under 18s

That's right. They've now won all 11 of their official U18 games. This was the first time they failed to score at least 2 goals (and were very fortunate to get the 1 they did get). Wheeldon is also the last player to score against them, way back on October 7th, having only conceded 6 all season.

6 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

and we’ve pushed them all the way despite them poaching loads of our best players during admin who’d be in our under 18 side now. 

Yes, I was a very proud Ram at Old Trafford on Tuesday night , let’s look after these boys , they all look to have a good future , hope it’s with the Rams

On 21/12/2023 at 06:16, IlsonDerby said:

Just curious besides Scanlon, wasn’t there 2 others bought on the cheap? Are they also featuring for United?

On 23/12/2023 at 14:56, Foreveram said:

Wish I was there instead of bloody Morrisons, # worst nightmare 😩

Morrisons was a hardship on Friday too. The missus took ages impulse-buying turkey, pork etc whereas I looked after the essentials - karmeliet, la chouffe, westmalle tripel, ostrich fillets and a big bag of Scotch Bonnets.

Tripel! Wonderful stuff!

Happy (partial) memories of business trips in Belgium/Holland downing Trapist Tripel and Dubbel! (Plus Palm, a personal favourite)

One time we had some Yanks across who proclaimed (loudly, as usual) to all that US beer was the easily best in the world - cue laughter from the Belgians and the Brits. I tastefully explained they were "off their rocker" but my Belgian friend explained by getting them a few Tripels - far more effective.

After two glasses the Yanks had a happy, double glazed look and had gone very quiet - rather an effective explanation of the quality of Belgian beer I thought.