List of who you would sign this summer?

sage

52 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

What does Chat GT......errrr Old ben think?

That guy's like an encyclopedia of players!

Here's my take on it:

As an AI language model, I don't have access to real-time data or knowledge of specific player performances beyond my September 2021 knowledge cutoff. However, I can provide you with some general guidelines on potential types of signings that English League One clubs could consider for cost-effective options:

1. Free Agents: Keep an eye on players who are out of contract and available on a free transfer. These players could offer good value, as they won't require a transfer fee. Many experienced professionals or talented youngsters may be seeking new opportunities.

2. Loan Deals: Premier League and Championship clubs often loan out young players who need regular game time to develop. League One clubs can explore loan deals to acquire promising talents from higher divisions. These loans could benefit both the player's development and the League One club's squad strength.

3. Released Players: At the end of each season, clubs often release players deemed surplus to requirements. Some of these players may have experience in higher divisions or possess untapped potential. Scouting released players could uncover hidden gems available at reduced wages.

4. Lower League Gems: English football boasts a wealth of talent in lower divisions, such as the National League or lower leagues in Scotland and Ireland. These players may be looking for an opportunity to step up to League One and could offer value for money.

5. Non-League Prospects: Keep an eye on non-league football, where several talented players emerge each season. Promising players from non-league clubs can be signed for nominal fees or even on a trial basis, providing an opportunity to uncover hidden talent.

Remember, the suitability of any signing depends on the specific needs and budgetary constraints of each club. Conducting thorough scouting, analyzing player statistics and performance data, and consulting with knowledgeable staff are crucial steps to identifying potential signings that align with a club's strategy and objectives.

On 16/05/2023 at 21:03, Dimmu said:

Here's my take on it:

As an AI language model, I don't have access to real-time data or knowledge of specific player performances beyond my September 2021 knowledge cutoff. However, I can provide you with some general guidelines on potential types of signings that English League One clubs could consider for cost-effective options:

1. Free Agents: Keep an eye on players who are out of contract and available on a free transfer. These players could offer good value, as they won't require a transfer fee. Many experienced professionals or talented youngsters may be seeking new opportunities.

2. Loan Deals: Premier League and Championship clubs often loan out young players who need regular game time to develop. League One clubs can explore loan deals to acquire promising talents from higher divisions. These loans could benefit both the player's development and the League One club's squad strength.

3. Released Players: At the end of each season, clubs often release players deemed surplus to requirements. Some of these players may have experience in higher divisions or possess untapped potential. Scouting released players could uncover hidden gems available at reduced wages.

4. Lower League Gems: English football boasts a wealth of talent in lower divisions, such as the National League or lower leagues in Scotland and Ireland. These players may be looking for an opportunity to step up to League One and could offer value for money.

5. Non-League Prospects: Keep an eye on non-league football, where several talented players emerge each season. Promising players from non-league clubs can be signed for nominal fees or even on a trial basis, providing an opportunity to uncover hidden talent.

Remember, the suitability of any signing depends on the specific needs and budgetary constraints of each club. Conducting thorough scouting, analyzing player statistics and performance data, and consulting with knowledgeable staff are crucial steps to identifying potential signings that align with a club's strategy and objectives.

So, three routes, as points 1 & 3, and 4 & 5 are the same?

On 16/05/2023 at 21:03, Dimmu said:

Here's my take on it:

So Messi then, in or out? 🤣

On 15/05/2023 at 18:27, sage said:

Presuming that Knight and probably Barkhuizen will follow Chester, Davies and Stearman, who would you sign. Try to be sensible in terms of who would come/who we could afford. Not who you think Warne will sign.

For the last 15 games I wish PW had started  Barkhuizen instead of NML. I’d wish we’d re-sign him 

PS Since you’re called ‘sage’ shouldn’t you say ‘whom’ ?

I don’t think the squad size was necessarily the issue last season. A smaller squad is arguably better for cohesion, financial health and it gives the manager the chance to use the academy (not convinced he will though)

I think the issue we had was balance ie 700 midfielders hence Knight, smith, Sibley did long stints at WB

I don’t have a clue of any players to sign but I wouldn’t mind losing Knight as he’s clearly outgrown the club and we’d cash in on him. I’d then spend that money on fees/loan fees on the wings and centre back

I wish I could point out an academy player who might fill in as 3rd choice striker/second choice RB etc but not really got a scooby now we can’t watch games (and, as above, I don’t believe Warne is going to be using the academy)

3 hours ago, Jram said:

I don’t think the squad size was necessarily the issue last season. A smaller squad is arguably better for cohesion, financial health and it gives the manager the chance to use the academy (not convinced he will though)

I think the issue we had was balance ie 700 midfielders hence Knight, smith, Sibley did long stints at WB

I don’t have a clue of any players to sign but I wouldn’t mind losing Knight as he’s clearly outgrown the club and we’d cash in on him. I’d then spend that money on fees/loan fees on the wings and centre back

I wish I could point out an academy player who might fill in as 3rd choice striker/second choice RB etc but not really got a scooby now we can’t watch games (and, as above, I don’t believe Warne is going to be using the academy)

It was definitely a problem. We used something like the 3rd fewest players in the last 20 odd years at this level and the other two struggled mightily.

Not advocating for a boat load of players, but just 3 more to that squad would have made a world of difference for example. 

Agreeing to the points made above that a better balance of squad would have helped ( a conventional and experienced right back and a forward replacement for Osula, for instance), but we were definitely short of players by the last 10-15 games. I think we needed three or four more as Chester was almost always injured, Stearman not featuring and a number of the loanees not really performing well enough to displace the ideal starting lineup. I am sure that squad depth will be addressed. For right back, Sam Byram may be worth consideration, if not completely crocked. And for the no. 10 and also if he can prove fitness, Bradley Dack. Always been impressed by both when I've seen them play.

8 minutes ago, Olaf Penge said:

Agreeing to the points made above that a better balance of squad would have helped ( a conventional and experienced right back and a forward replacement for Osula, for instance), but we were definitely short of players by the last 10-15 games. I think we needed three or four more as Chester was almost always injured, Stearman not featuring and a number of the loanees not really performing well enough to displace the ideal starting lineup. I am sure that squad depth will be addressed. For right back, Sam Byram may be worth consideration, if not completely crocked. And for the no. 10 and also if he can prove fitness, Bradley Dack. Always been impressed by both when I've seen them play.

Bradley Dack is top class. Can’t believe his fall from Grace in last few seasons. Presumably injuries have played their part. If we sign him, I’d be buzzing 

3 hours ago, Jram said:

Bradley Dack is top class. Can’t believe his fall from Grace in last few seasons. Presumably injuries have played their part. If we sign him, I’d be buzzing 

Averaging less than 20 appearances for 4 years now. Very injury prone, and a little rotund. No chance. 

GK 

- re-sign  both back ups from last season 

RB /RWB Poole or Ward - Lincoln /Peterborough both out of contract 

CB - Flint , Bradley , Harding , Robertson ( 2 of these + Roberts)

LB - loan from premier league 

CAM- Sell sibley and or knight sign Brannagan 

LW - Rodrigues Notts County 

RW- the young lad from rangers or fast player from Chesterfield 

CF - I’d love Langstaff or  Alfie May or I’d sign Clarke- Harris for most of our budget + Bonnis