List of who you would sign this summer?

sage

Presuming that Knight and probably Barkhuizen will follow Chester, Davies and Stearman, who would you sign. Try to be sensible in terms of who would come/who we could afford. Not who you think Warne will sign.

Edited by sage

Just now, Carnero said:

Wildsmith

Harding  Bradley  Cashin

Poole/Key                       Roberts/Elder

Wing     Bird  Hourihane

Bonis/May    McGoldrick 

Mine would be something very similar I think. In an ideal world I’d like to see us strengthen using the good free agents available currently. Poole is one I’d really like us to sign, similar with Key. Re-signing Roberts on a permanent deal would be great too, I think having players like Roberts, Poole and Harding who can play as the cb’s in a 3, or as full backs/wing backs would be good due to that flexibility it adds.
I think the sensible thing would be to add McGee on a free as second choice keeper if he’s willing to join us permanently. 
The way you’ve suggested along with McGee strengthens the gk, defence and midfield leaving us whatever the “modest fees” are to invest in the attacking side of things. Would be good to spend the fees on younger players with the potential to grow and sell at a profit. 

Wildsmith

Poole           Bradley       Cashin

Bird   

Key                  Wiles                   Hourihane       Sparkes

Keane              McGoldrick

McGee

Rooney              Fozzy          Roberts

Smith 

NML               Wing                     Sibley          Ogbene

Jebbison               Collins

Poole can play RB or RWB, Ogbene can play RWB or up front as can NML. Roberts can plays LWB. Sibley can play LWB at a push.  Enough versatility to play 433 or 442. Sign Bonis if we can't get Jebbison.        

Edited by sage

Just listening to Eric on Radio Derby . He thinks we need around 7/8 players. That is a massive re-build. I do agree with him in saying - we need players that want to play in the position they are selected for and are experienced in that position. The biggest worry is the age old one . Where are the goals coming from ?

9 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just listening to Eric on Radio Derby . He thinks we need around 7/8 players. That is a massive re-build. I do agree with him in saying - we need players that want to play in the position they are selected for and are experienced in that position. The biggest worry is the age old one . Where are the goals coming from ?

Yeah it’s almost starting again isn’t it.

someone on here mentioned warne wants to move bird, hourihane on, knight is leaving and mcgoldrick might not resign.

leaves you maybe with cashin and Wildsmith as certain starters. Leaves so much to do for august. 

40 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Wildsmith

Harding  Bradley  Cashin

Poole/Key                       Roberts/Elder

Wing     Bird  Hourihane

Bonis/May    McGoldrick 

Would be very, very pleased with that team.

13 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

1 minute ago, Rich3478 said:

Yeah it’s almost starting again isn’t it.

someone on here mentioned warne wants to move bird, hourihane on, knight is leaving and mcgoldrick might not resign.

leaves you maybe with cashin and Wildsmith as certain starters. Leaves so much to do for august. 

We do need about 7/8 players, that’s not new info to most people is it? We need 2 or 3 centre backs, 2 or 3 fullback/wingbacks and then additions in midfield and attack. 
We’re in a good position in that the shaping of the squad is pretty much done regarding retained players and the recruitment of new players is allegedly already in motion. We’re ahead of where we need to be and with a level of stability we haven’t seen in a good few years.
If the majority of the squad are in place for the start of pre-season, with only a few changes in and out before the season kicks off, I don’t think we’ve got much to worry about. In fact, I’m very optimistic about it all. 

31 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Edited by Tamworthram

32 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I think 7 or 8 sounds about right. Our squad was a bit thin last season and we have already released Davies, Stearman and Chester. While Dobbin, Roberts, White, McGee and Springetts loans have all finished. So that's already 8.

A couple of CBs, a couple of wing backs, a ball winning CM and CF being key. Then another couple of squad players.

Edited by Ram1988

Wildsmith

Poole Cashin Roberts

Key Bird Hourihane Roughan

Sibley McGoldrick

Jebbison

Ideally more of a 352 than 3421 to give Hourihane some forward licence but would have to be careful with Sibley. Fees on Roberts, Key and Roughan but hopefully fairly low and all are good ages with good upside. Poole on a free and Jebbison on loan.

Whisper it quietly but wouldn’t be against selling Cashin if we get a good (£2.5m +) offer. Possibly too small to be a middle CB and too slow to be a wide CB if we’re being critical. Wouldn’t be hawking him around but would be open to selling. 

McGee, Rooney (CB), Fozzy (CB), NML (RWB, 10, ST), Smith (CM) as cover options from the existing squad. An attacking LWB and a couple of 10 / striker types would be nice as extra options. 

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I think 7 or 8 sounds about right. Our squad was a bit thin last season and we have already released Davies, Stearman and Chester. While Dobbin, Roberts, White, McGee and the Norwich lads loans have all finished. So that's already 8.

A couple of CBs, a couple of wing backs, a ball winning CM and CF being key. Then another couple of squad players.

Seems like most of us agree. But are we building a team round Collins or McGoldrick , 2 very different players . The sooner McGoldrick signs , the better . Warne has been after him to sign for a few weeks now.

9 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Wildsmith

Poole Cashin Roberts

Key Bird Hourihane Roughan

Sibley McGoldrick

Jebbison

Ideally more of a 352 than 3421 to give Hourihane some forward licence but would have to be careful with Sibley. Fees on Roberts, Key and Roughan but hopefully fairly low and all are good ages with good upside. Poole on a free and Jebbison on loan.

Whisper it quietly but wouldn’t be against selling Cashin if we get a good (£2.5m +) offer. Possibly too small to be a middle CB and too slow to be a wide CB if we’re being critical. Wouldn’t be hawking him around but would be open to selling. 

McGee, Rooney (CB), Fozzy (CB), NML (RWB, 10, ST), Smith (CM) as cover options from the existing squad. An attacking LWB and a couple of 10 / striker types would be nice as extra options. 

Cashin is the one player we must keep…

1 minute ago, jimtastic56 said:

Seems like most of us agree. But are we building a team round Collins or McGoldrick , 2 very different players . The sooner McGoldrick signs , the better . Warne has been after him to sign for a few weeks now.

I agree, we need to get him signed up ASAP. Signing another centre forward may help this if playing too many games/cup games rumour is true. If not we will need another CF either way.

Players I'd mention are resigning Roberts, Regan Poole, Sunny Bradley and Ben Osborne.