List of who you would sign this summer?

sage

31 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

We do need about 7/8 players, that’s not new info to most people is it? We need 2 or 3 centre backs, 2 or 3 fullback/wingbacks and then additions in midfield and attack. 
We’re in a good position in that the shaping of the squad is pretty much done regarding retained players and the recruitment of new players is allegedly already in motion. We’re ahead of where we need to be and with a level of stability we haven’t seen in a good few years.
If the majority of the squad are in place for the start of pre-season, with only a few changes in and out before the season kicks off, I don’t think we’ve got much to worry about. In fact, I’m very optimistic about it all. 

Not at all, just don’t think I’d realised how different our side was going to luck next year.

Agree it’s a positive as well. Really hope we can get some pace into the team. Enjoyed warnes football more than I thought I would, didn’t think it was overly hoofball.

I personally don't think 7/8 players is enough.

We have lost 8 in McGee Davies Chester Stearman Roberts Dobbin White Springett

They all need replacing, then maybe at least another 3 to have abit of squad depth unlike this season, plus we want players in their correct positions, not Smith, Knight or Sibley out of position.

I can see us playing 3421/343 next season based off Warnes comments about 9s & 10s.

GK - Wildsmith Loach NEW

RWB - NEW NEW

CB - Cashin Forsyth NEW NEW NEW

LWB - NEW NEW

CM - Bielik Knight Smith Hourihane Bird

CAM/WING - NML Sibley Barkhuizen NEW NEW

ST - McGoldrick Collins NEW NEW

Thats 13 new players, wanting 2 strikers may seem excessive but Warne does sometime play 2 up top, so maybe someone who can play upfront or CAM, or maybe 1 new CAM plus McGoldrick then 2 new strikers. A squad of 25/26 seems about right for the number of games, injuries & suspensions. For context, we used 22 this season whereas Sheff W, Peterborough & Ipswich used 28, Bolton 30, Plymouth 32 & Barnsley 34

Bielik is likely to go, would need to replace him with a 'destroyer' type player. Then replace any other outgoings named above too.

Could possibly keep McGee & Roberts which would mean the amount of actual 'new' players is less.

I can see Rooney, Oduroh & Thompson going out on loan.

Players we should be looking at on frees

Backup GK's - Conor Ripley, Frank Fielding,

Centre Backs - Lloyd Jones, Sonny Bradley, Kevin Long, Callum Elder, Curtis Nelson, Wes Harding,

Wing Backs - Hayden permanently, Robbie Brady, Darnell Fisher, Olusunde,

Midfielders - Archie Collins, Jensen Weir, Max Power, George Evans, Luke Amos,

Strikers - Sam Smith, Alfie May, Will Keane, Cole Stockton, Daniel Jebbison (If he doesn't sign on with Sheff U)

1 minute ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Centre Backs - Lloyd Jones, Sonny Bradley, Kevin Long, Callum Elder, Curtis Nelson, Wes Harding,

Strikers - Sam Smith, Alfie May, Will Keane, Cole Stockton, Daniel Jebbison (If he doesn't sign on with Sheff U)

Thought elder was a wing back?

And for me roberts is better as a cb 

Anyway, some credible suggestions there! Some i dont like at all but each to their own

7 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Thought elder was a wing back?

And for me roberts is better as a cb 

Anyway, some credible suggestions there! Some i dont like at all but each to their own

Elder is a left back but I think could be used at LCB in a three aswell like Hayden was as he'd be good on the ball and is a physical presence,

I also agree that Hayden is better in the back three but if we keep Cashin I'd prefer him on the Left of the three,

27 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Alfie May has another year on his contract. It’s expected he will leave Cheltenham this summer but not on a free

So just looking at the retained list 

image.thumb.png.cebfcd0bda6e1a4a8200d15076c0084e.png

Of this list I wouldn't count oduroh as a starter next season and hasn't made the bench in the team with the lowest squad Talley. Even Liam Thompson who i don't expect to be here so i count 13 players and 14 if McGoldrick resigns. Considering a squad of 20 we made out was too low to carry a season i expect Warne to look at a squad of 24 altogether so people suggesting 7 or 8 could be actually too low which could take us to 21 players. That's before we have even lost anyone going out the window which takes us down even further. Someone suggested Warne trying to out bird and hourihane and knight leaving which would effectively leave a retained list of 10. This is going to be a massive rebuild by the looks of it and i could suggest upwards of 12 players coming in if we recoup money and some will be added through loan and frees. This is also being hopeful we keep cashin as well. I will say one thing looking at some frees could pick up a fair few decent ones this window. 

Wes Harding

Sonny Bradley

Josh Key

Callum elder 

All along with cashin could fill up a massive backline of a 5 for no transfer money and that would be a hell of starting league one back line and that's even without hopefully adding Roberts to it as well. 

Edited by Barney1991

17 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I personally don't think 7/8 players is enough.

We have lost 8 in McGee Davies Chester Stearman Roberts Dobbin White Springett

They all need replacing, then maybe at least another 3 to have abit of squad depth unlike this season, plus we want players in their correct positions, not Smith, Knight or Sibley out of position.

I can see us playing 3421/343 next season based off Warnes comments about 9s & 10s.

GK - Wildsmith Loach NEW

RWB - NEW NEW

CB - Cashin Forsyth NEW NEW NEW

LWB - NEW NEW

CM - Bielik Knight Smith Hourihane Bird

CAM/WING - NML Sibley Barkhuizen NEW NEW

ST - McGoldrick Collins NEW NEW

Thats 13 new players, wanting 2 strikers may seem excessive but Warne does sometime play 2 up top, so maybe someone who can play upfront or CAM, or maybe 1 new CAM plus McGoldrick then 2 new strikers. A squad of 25/26 seems about right for the number of games, injuries & suspensions. For context, we used 22 this season whereas Sheff W, Peterborough & Ipswich used 28, Bolton 30, Plymouth 32 & Barnsley 34

Bielik is likely to go, would need to replace him with a 'destroyer' type player. Then replace any other outgoings named above too.

Could possibly keep McGee & Roberts which would mean the amount of actual 'new' players is less.

I can see Rooney, Oduroh & Thompson going out on loan.

I make that 12

8 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Yes great shout no defender will go near himimage.png.3625d0fa18936a308b2a4863ea22ed2f.png