Summer Rumour Mill

sage

2 hours ago, Kernow said:

Hope not.

Hendrick in league one on a comparable wage to the others would be very sensible and we would be stupid not to take him although I expect him to turn up in the championship next season 

32 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Seen some talk about Clarke Harris for like 1.2-1.5 million. I can't see Peterborough selling that low and I can't see him wanting to stay in League One. Is this a genuine rumour or just some wishful thinking?

I posted on this thread yesterday that one player I would like to sign was Clark-Harris.  Someone then pointed out that he played for Warne at Rotherham.  That was it really.

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Depends what they are offering £400,000 no thanks £4 million - get the taxi 

Out of our young players. Knight, Sibley, Cashin, Bird. 

The only one I'd really hope we keep is Cashin. The rest can go for me.

Knight, I'm resigned to it anyway. Always going to go. 

Sibley. Can almost count on one hand how many good games hes had here? How many managers has he played under? None have consistently picked him. I don't think it helps that he's a bit stupid. Makes stupid decisions, makes stupid unnecessary tackles and gets needles yellow cards, managers can't trust him. I remember one game this season where he was left back and got booked in the first half. Warne took him off at half time because he can't trust him not to get another yellow. I can't even see anyone coming in for him at all.

Bird - 3 goals in 139 appearances. Flatters to deceive so often. I come out of games and question what he's offered? Surely a midfielder that is as good as some of our fans think he is should be dominating games in this league? He offered nothing and in a lot of games got bullied. 

I just don't think Sibley or Bird will amount to anything other than average Championship players at best. Says a lot that the only club he's linked with is Hull.

I think because they've come through the academy some of the fans think they're better than what they are. 

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Readings meite rejected a contract and is now a free. He would be on fire at this level. 

Great player, always injured tho, only managed 65 leagues games in his last 3 seasons, starting only 38 games in that time, but if we could keep him fit he’d be brilliant.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The only one I'd really hope we keep is Cashin. The rest can go for me.

Knight, I'm resigned to it anyway. Always going to go. 

Sibley. Can almost count on one hand how many good games hes had here? How many managers has he played under? None have consistently picked him. I don't think it helps that he's a bit stupid. Makes stupid decisions, makes stupid unnecessary tackles and gets needles yellow cards, managers can't trust him. I remember one game this season where he was left back and got booked in the first half. Warne took him off at half time because he can't trust him not to get another yellow. I can't even see anyone coming in for him at all.

Bird - 3 goals in 139 appearances. Flatters to deceive so often. I come out of games and question what he's offered? Surely a midfielder that is as good as some of our fans think he is should be dominating games in this league? He offered nothing and in a lot of games got bullied. 

I just don't think Sibley or Bird will amount to anything other than average Championship players at best. Says a lot that the only club he's linked with is Hull.

I think because they've come through the academy some of the fans think they're better than what they are. 

Sibley was a special, special player at one point coming through our academy - the most naturally gifted player I’ve seen in a Derby shirt. Wolves offered £5m for him as a u18 prospect - he came into the team with that ability and was the best player in our team as a teenager. He had absolutely everything required to be a top, top player. 

What’s happened to him during this period of chaos is just flat out heartbreaking - for us, him and everyone involved. I really hope he can turn it around. 

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Sibley was a special, special player at one point coming through our academy - the most naturally gifted player I’ve seen in a Derby shirt. Wolves offered £5m for him as a u18 prospect - he came into the team with that ability and was the best player in our team as a teenager. He had absolutely everything required to be a top, top player. 

What’s happened to him during this period of chaos is just flat out heartbreaking - for us, him and everyone involved. I really hope he can turn it around. 

Another victim of the sacking of our best manager in recent years: Cocu

5 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

The best player in our team as a teenager? No offence but that blatantly isn't true.

4 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Seen the rumours and personally heard nothing. Heard there’s multiple clubs in for knight though. Bristol, Ipswich and Luton are known ones. Personally think we could get 3+ mill in a bidding war 

If you’re Luton it’s a no brainier surely? Young international with potential, spend a few of them premier league millions then if and when relegated you’ve at least got a good championship player in the squad. 

45 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Are you comparing them to other teams 21 yr olds / academy players?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

If that is serious and not said in jest, I agree 😀

Not entirely serious but not said in jest either.

Probably the best "coach" we had in terms of their quality as a coach in the game, and certainly the best when it comes to developing young players over a long period. His record stands for itself on that.

It terms of how successful he was, of course he's not our best. I do think, when we look back with hindsight though, that what he achieved in his first season was actually really impressive considering the squad he had and the injuries. 

17 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Seen the rumours and personally heard nothing. Heard there’s multiple clubs in for knight though. Bristol, Ipswich and Luton are known ones. Personally think we could get 3+ mill in a bidding war 

Yea, I heard those 3 clubs were in for Knight too. Thanks BT 👍