Summer Rumour Mill

sage

30 minutes ago, Srg said:

Dunno where Reading would have the money. Aren’t they under um bongo having not paid players 3 times? They haven’t even got a manager, Wilder walked away. 

Added to that, they'll have a much reduced income because of lower attendances and the loss of around £6m of central revenue.

36 minutes ago, Srg said:

Dunno where Reading would have the money. Aren’t they under um bongo having not paid players 3 times? They haven’t even got a manager, Wilder walked away. 

Reading were in some sort of embargo when they were allowed to sign Andy Carroll.

In the same season they were given a 9 point deduction, with 3 of those suspended.

Almost like the EFL wanted us relegated 

10 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Reading were in some sort of embargo when they were allowed to sign Andy Carroll.

In the same season they were given a 9 point deduction, with 3 of those suspended.

Almost like the EFL wanted us relegated 

Well forgetting that for a minute, it’s not like they’re gonna be spending any money is it?

If we are in for Burey, and he is a winger that will surprise me and indicate that Warne is moving away from 3 CB and wing backs. Especially if he is an early, forming plan a signing not a later on "this talented chap is available let's sign him to add options" kind of thing.

Reckon we aren't in for him, he signs for Barnsley or someone, we all kick off that it's another one missed. However if he signs for Reading I might kick off and get my tin foil hat out of mothballs.

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

If we are in for Burey, and he is a winger that will surprise me and indicate that Warne is moving away from 3 CB and wing backs. Especially if he is an early, forming plan a signing not a later on "this talented chap is available let's sign him to add options" kind of thing.

Reckon we aren't in for him, he signs for Barnsley or someone, we all kick off that it's another one missed. However if he signs for Reading I might kick off and get my tin foil hat out of mothballs.

1. Burey is primarily a CF.

2. We'll be playing 3421. That's been clear for a while.

3. From what I've seen, he's not even at Osula's ability level.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

1. Burey is primarily a CF.

2. We'll be playing 3421. That's been clear for a while.

3. From what I've seen, he's not even at Osula's ability level.

Ahh ok, thanks. I dont know a deal about him to be honest.

I thought 3421, but if we were in for him and if my misconception that he was a winger was accurate, that would have made me doubt. 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Burey headed to Oxford - Nixon. No indication it was ever us, but no great loss

They seem to be giving it a good go with their signings this year. Indication was that Millwall accepted 500k for Burey, that’s a big fee for League One.

You can’t blame them, the league is wide open this season and I don’t think a team like Oxford will have a better chance to really push to get out of it.

Oxford's season last year was a little bit of an outlier. They finished 8th, 6th and 4th the three prior seasons. Just kinda s*** the bed last season. Don't expect them to be that bad again.