Summer Rumour Mill

sage

1 hour ago, Woodley Ram said:

This is the sort of comment that stops people posting, you can disagree but this coercive control attitude is not good for the forum or the recipent who receives it. 

It smacks of you know best.

Someone disgreed with me yesterday, which is fine but the comment moronic is out of order to a person who supports the same team as you.

Piece of advice folks let’s not turn this brilliant forum into that sh*** show of a league 1 fan page on Facebook. Anyone had the misfortune of seeing it it’s an absolute disgrace no banter at all just anti Wigan and Bolton diatribe, a hatred of the rams and the combined IQ of about 2 with a few discriminatory and obscene comments thrown in! 

9 hours ago, PrideParkhead said:

It's pretty obvious Warne couldn't attract a moth to a light. We're the biggest team in this League but have been reduced to scrabbling about in the dirt for castoffs. Pathetic state of affairs 

Think you need to take a break and have a kit kat,  that and give your head a wobble.

Irrespective of the arguments around budgets it is patently obvious that we need a younger quicker forward who can slot in and make things happen on the occasions when Warneball fails, as it will from time to time. If we do not find that type of player either via a transfer fee or loan then we are going to struggle to make a dent in the top six this coming season. None of us know what is happening on the recruitment front but it is concerning that we are 6 days away the start of the season without such an option in the squad. This should have been sorted much sooner than it has and that in my view reflects poorly on the club recruitment/coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Irrespective of the arguments around budgets it is patently obvious that we need a younger quicker forward who can slot in and make things happen on the occasions when Warneball fails, as it will from time to time. If we do not find that type of player either via a transfer fee or loan then we are going to struggle to make a dent in the top six this coming season. None of us know what is happening on the recruitment front but it is concerning that we are 6 days away the start of the season without such an option in the squad. This should have been sorted much sooner than it has and that in my view reflects poorly on the club recruitment/coaching staff.

Washington and Mendez-Laing are both pacey forwards, so are you sure it's a "pacey forward" which we need?

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Washington and Mendez-Laing are both pacey forwards, so are you sure it's a "pacey forward" which we need?

Not sure how many goals they will score between them, but agree….we just need someone who knows where the net is.

17 minutes ago, Jayram said:

How can you say irrespective of the arguments around budgets at the start of your post then mention finding that sort of player for a fee?
To find that sort of player for a fee you HAVE to consider the budget.

Say we spend what’s left in the budget on this young pacy striker lots of people are clamouring for (but very few have suggested viable names other than maybe Nombe?) Then we don’t add in cover at lwb and Elder gets another injury placing Forsyth or Thompson there long term, will people be happy? I personally think the “I can’t believe Warne didn’t sign another lwb” argument would start up pretty quick in some quarters. We don’t add in another midfield option and carry on with what we have, then get exposed for the lack of pace in midfield some have expressed concern about, the arguments about not recruiting there will start.
You can’t just dismiss the need to consider a budget in this scenario, even if we do need a pacy striker. Which then leads to the free agent, loan market, cut price deal angle we seem to be in due to the club’s current circumstances, which stem from the off the field chaos of the last couple of years. Yes we’re no longer in admin and the club is saved but it’s still in recovery and subject to the agreed EFL business plan.

Warne, and everyone else I think, is aware we need options up front. All the staff in their recent interviews have expressed the need to strengthen further. I appreciate yours and other fans frustration with this, but there has to be some consideration for circumstance and perspective. We may still add the young pacy striker people want, but it could well be a raw loan talent like Dobbin or Osula last season, that’s where we’re at currently. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

Think the criticism of @PrideParkheadis uncalled for. I think he maybe put his thoughts across a little bit harshly and we’ve signed enough proven players to dispel Warne having no pulling power. 

However our recruitment for improving our offensive output has been poor so far. Yet there’s posters who are seemingly bending over backwards to defend Warne and the recruitment team. 

If funds are that low then maybe Clowes shouldn’t have said that our budget was competitive and maybe should’ve down played how much we can spend. Also the champagne popping from local media when the restrictions were lifted wouldn’t have done much for people’s expectations. 

The fact that challenging for the play offs looks more likely than top 2 is slightly frustrating. 

I for one, was looking forward to getting out of this make a wish league this season.

41 minutes ago, Jayram said:

That’s the problem though. I’m sure there’s plenty of pacey forwards we could sign but they might not be very good at scoring goals. If you’re fast and you can score goals, you don’t play in League One. No other side will have a striker who is lightning fast and clinical in front of goal, so I don’t get where the bit about struggling to make a dent in the top 6 comes from.

The only way we could end up with a quick goal scorer is on loan, which we then risk losing in January as they go on to play at a higher level, so even with that there’s a downside to things.

6 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I can't. It's not exactly inspiring. Why do we always sign journeyman strikers? Can't we get in someone a bit younger with a bit of pace?

Exactly,not investing properly in strikers over the last few years is one of the main reasons we are in the position we now find ourselves

10 hours ago, Andicis said:

Based on what? I'll wait for any substance to that completely baseless comment. Us being the "biggest" team means nothing when budget wise we are limited in what we have to spend. Pathetic comment. 

He’s transformed the back 5 with real real quality. 

He’s struggled getting in the forwards he’d like and it sounds budgetary. We’re not a hard club to sell but money talks loudest? 

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Think the criticism of @PrideParkheadis uncalled for. I think he maybe put his thoughts across a little bit harshly and we’ve signed enough proven players to dispel Warne having no pulling power. 

However our recruitment for improving our offensive output has been poor so far. Yet there’s posters who are seemingly bending over backwards to defend Warne and the recruitment team. 

If funds are that low then maybe Clowes shouldn’t have said that our budget was competitive and maybe should’ve down played how much we can spend. Also the champagne popping from local media when the restrictions were lifted wouldn’t have done much for people’s expectations. 

The fact that challenging for the play offs looks more likely than top 2 is slightly frustrating. 

I for one, was looking forward to getting out of this make a wish league this season.

It's definitely warranted it was a completely baseless and demonstrably wrong comment.  

You are bending over backwards (not from just this post, from all of your others) to slag off Warne and the recruitment team. We've signed a striker in Washington who will probably contribute some goals. The thing is that we are working under restrictions, and it is a tough market to sign any players let alone sought after attackers. 

If people really thought restrictions being **eased** as opposed to being lifted was a signal that we were going to throw silly money at things then they themselves are the fools here. We have a competitive budget. We've signed players like Bradley who are top players at this level, it can be both true that we have a competitive budget and that we aren't at liberty to throw money at attackers. 

The season hasn't begun. Why is it more likely we'll be challenging for playoffs? The general consensus from other clubs is that we are going to be competing for top 2.