Summer Rumour Mill

sage

42 minutes ago, beardyjim said:

How dare you be so fair and reasonable on this forum. What's your agenda?

Lulling you into a false sense of security before I drop the least reasonable comment in the history of the forum 🤣

31 minutes ago, sage said:

I think we had a budget for 2 more with a contingency budget for 2 additional ones. 

Which is why there was talk of we need 4 but can only have 2.

Now we have injuries, Warne has been allowed to access the contingency budget. 

We had a contingency budget that no-one thought of tapping until now? Next you'll be telling me we haven't even maxed out all of the credit cards?

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Been told to expect minimum 4 in. Mix of loan and permanent. Bird won’t leave, especially now he’s injured but Cashin, if the right bid with good cash up front comes in he will be gone. Any money that comes in from transfers can and will be reinvested back into players 

That's a big shift from this morning, ask your source what has changed.

One minute there is friction between manager and recruitment team/Pearce leaving you concerned for the rest of the season, only hours later to he told its all systems go.

Either you are making all this up, or Derby County is being ran by Coco the Clown 🤡 😂 

4 minutes ago, jameso said:

We had a contingency budget that no-one thought of tapping until now? Next you'll be telling me we haven't even maxed out all of the credit cards?

It's pure speculation but it would make sense. You would always hold a little back for injuries or the January window. Is us playing badly an excuse to use it? It would be open to interpretation.  

49 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How has this changed so quickly? What's happened?

Whilst I’d agree with @sage about the contingency budget,  I’d also say that the market is moving better than it was a week or so ago as teams in leagues above are getting their main business done. With the market that we are looking in (players who can play in the champ, perform consistently in a 30,000 seater stadium) our main targets are going to be different to most in the league and we’ve needed patience for them to come available. That’s maybe why we haven’t pushed for May, Smith or Harris and in the next couple of weeks we will bring someone in who’s much more suited to what the club needs 

11 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Whilst I’d agree with @sage about the contingency budget,  I’d also say that the market is moving better than it was a week or so ago as teams in leagues above are getting their main business done. With the market that we are looking in (players who can play in the champ, perform consistently in a 30,000 seater stadium) our main targets are going to be different to most in the league and we’ve needed patience for them to come available. That’s maybe why we haven’t pushed for May, Smith or Harris and in the next couple of weeks we will bring someone in who’s much more suited to what the club needs 

Hopefully so

I don't think the perceived air of disorganisation and desperation have been helped by the signing of Waghorn. Not the player himself, but the circumstances around it. 

4 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes of course in the same manner it may be easy to discriminate against a person for race, religion, gender, disability etc without it being proven. 

Doesn't make it acceptable though 

It's totally different though.

If people apply for a job and don't get it because of discrimination,  they definitely have a case and should win.

If Derby don't want a player because they think he's a wrong un, they don't ask him or his agent if he will play for us.

Maybe something to watch: Bristol Rovers owners have just invested £6.2m into the club and are expected to have a big push on signing Clarke-Harris from Peterborough. 

It’s a strange one, but they’ve just signed Harvey Vale on loan who will probably be one of the most exciting players at this level so probably having a strong push. 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Maybe something to watch: Bristol Rovers owners have just invested £6.2m into the club and are expected to have a big push on signing Clarke-Harris from Peterborough. 

It’s a strange one, but they’ve just signed Harvey Vale on loan who will probably be one of the most exciting players at this level so probably having a strong push. 

Just seen a posh fan on twitter say he looks as immobile as ever this season. But how do you replace 20 goals. I guess us with McGoldrick can agree with that statement. 

Someone mentioned Idah is available for loan at Norwich, I’d be all over that.

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

One minute there is friction between manager and recruitment team/Pearce leaving you concerned for the rest of the season, only hours later to he told its all systems go.

Either you are making all this up, or Derby County is being ran by Coco the Clown 🤡 😂 

Bird, Wilson and ward all injured. There is still friction between the manager and recruitment team. He’s useless apparently. I’ll be honest even with 4 in I’m a little worried about the quality of those players.especially with how tight the budget was. May all change with sales/ injuries of course

2 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Bird, Wilson and ward all injured. There is still friction between the manager and recruitment team. He’s useless apparently. I’ll be honest even with 4 in I’m a little worried about the quality of those players.especially with how tight the budget was. May all change with sales/ injuries of course

The recruitment bloke I take it?

5 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

If the recruitment team is useless then it'll be same result surely as what's gone on previously?

11 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

🫢😬😳😮

Tbf Warne said himself there was arguments in the room when going over transfers. I’m sure that’s natural in any club or business, where competing needs and budget comes into play.

I’d be worried more if everything was Rosie, as they wouldn’t be seeing what we’re seeing, on the pitch and in recruitment. 

51 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Who is useless, recruitment fella or Warne?