Summer Rumour Mill

sage

Todays podcast is a brilliant listen for insight into the recruitment process & it goes to show that Warne wants exactly the same things as the fans in terms of type of player as well as the difficulty in choosing between a 22yr old loan, 24yr old who costs too much or a 30yr old. Warne even goes onto say about not wanting the 30yr old option but may be the best choice overall

8 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

He wasn't found guilty of anything so is innocent and therefore why not? 

I expect an announcement by United come Monday after the final has been happened. 

Not sure why this is being discussed as part of our summer rumours thread…

However, case being dropped does not equal innocence. 
I feel like this shouldn’t need to be explained. 

10 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

He wasn't found guilty of anything so is innocent and therefore why not? 

I expect an announcement by United come Monday after the final has been happened. 

Anyone that saw/heard the clip knows what he's done. He shouldn't be near a football pitch in this country ever again. Regardless of legal verdict, why would you actually want such a vile individual associated with our club? Absolutely warped way of thinking

42 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Anyone that saw/heard the clip knows what he's done. He shouldn't be near a football pitch in this country ever again. Regardless of legal verdict, why would you actually want such a vile individual associated with our club? Absolutely warped way of thinking

As a general comment, it is unlawful not to employ someone (or dismiss someone) simply because of a spent caution or conviction.

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

As long as the exclusionary factor isn't their criminal record, as previously stated that's illegal. 

I don't think he'd want to be playing in League 1 anyway, so we can probably draw a line under this in this thread. He'll have overseas offers if he wants to earn anywhere close to what he currently gets.

1 minute ago, roboto said:

I don't think he'd want to be playing in League 1 anyway, so we can probably draw a line under this in this thread. He'll have overseas offers if he wants to earn anywhere close to what he currently gets.

Agreed and he probably wouldn't fit in with Paul Warnes decent person filter either!

Just now, roboto said:

Oh well thats ok then 🤬.  
Suddenly PW's character requirements come into their own