Summer Rumour Mill

sage

6 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Without knowing what our budget is I wouldn’t object to the bulk of it being spent on one or two “key” positions if they’re likely to be the difference makers, provided we can convince some free agents to join.
As an example, say we sold Bielik and had £1-2m to reinvest. Using the wages we’ve saved on him, Davies, Stearman, Chester to cover a number of free agent signings to bolster the wing backs and one centre back. Then spending that £1-2m on a goal scorer from this league or elsewhere (the Irish lad?) and a leader at the back in that ideal age bracket, would in theory leave us much stronger overall. 

Trouble is you can easily end up with one or two injuries making your total spend obsolete, look at Bielik 

5 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Only what I have been told, I don't think he shouldn't do bad in league 1 but definitely not a championship player

It wouldn't make any sense as a signing. We already have a 30 + year old striker in Collins who doesn't score many goals, why would we add another in Washington? I don't believe it personally. Sounds like people are adding the Rotherham link and making it up.

18 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

By whom 🤔

Its come from someone  i would believe but at the same time  unreliable as hes not anything to do with the club, but we do children's coaching with each other and we do a lot of local academy with our team and back at Moor Farm on the 10th and that's the reason I believe him as he knows people on the inside

48 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It wouldn't make any sense as a signing. We already have a 30 + year old striker in Collins who doesn't score many goals, why would we add another in Washington? I don't believe it personally. Sounds like people are adding the Rotherham link and making it up.

Maybe it's just what I have been told, I'm not saying it's 100% true but it's come from a quite reliable  guy and it's a random asf name to just randomly  pull out the hat! We will see in the next few days I was just trying to share the info I have been told 

11 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Its come from someone  i would believe but at the same time  unreliable as hes not anything to do with the club, but we do children's coaching with each other and we do a lot of local academy with our team and back at Moor Farm on the 10th and that's the reason I believe him as he knows people on the inside

Maybe it's just what I have been told, I'm not saying it's 100% true but it's come from a quite reliable  guy and it's a random asf name to just randomly  pull out the hat! We will see in the next few days I was just trying to share the info I have been told 

I would have him if he could find again his scoring record…………………..at St Ives Town 😲

20 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Not knocking any info you give like as it is the rumour thread but it’s not that random. We need a striker and he was at Rotherham. 

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

Yes totally agree and could be the difference …I know there are some good players out there who are available on a free so to speak but if we spent most of actual transfer fee budget on a commanding CB at the right age and a couple of strikers I actually think it will be good enough …we lacked goals last season and we created lots of opportunities last season …if we take more of those chances we will be top two next season 

We lacked goals and created a lot of opportunities but you want us to steer clear of the leagues top scorer?  Not sure I follow this logic.

Edited by Blondest Goat