Alfie May - joined Charlton

JfR

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Is that another player set to turn Warne down and join somewhere else I see?

Surely this is a wind up?

There’s about 100 different ways this could have played but you’re picking the most negative one.

I’m not saying you’re wrong. But unless you know the player or Warne personally then how do you know we have even offered him something and if we have offered then how do you know how much Warne rates him? We could have offered less a week and said he would be 2nd choice.

At least wait until the first game of the season before slating recruitment. 

2 hours ago, jono said:

We’ve been through this before. It’s a typo. There was a photo in the Huddersfield Examiner from 1929 showing a player holding a darts trophy .. The headline was “Team Captain, Darren with the Cup” but clearly as West Yorkshire has its own individual speech patterns, time has altered this headline to “Darren Witcoop” 

I've watched the Gallows Pole (subtitled version) so I know what you're saying...🤣

Thompson isn't a Warne type player despite winning 60% of his 5 aerial duels during his limited game time. There is absolutely zero chance Warne would be interested in a CF who won 8% of his 49 aerial duels and one who played almost every game last season. 

May only competed for 49 aerial duels. I'm certain Warne won't even consider signing a CF who has won less than that. Harrison, Smith, Nombe and Cosgrove would be more realistic targets based on style.

45 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Thompson isn't a Warne type player despite winning 60% of his 5 aerial duels during his limited game time. There is absolutely zero chance Warne would be interested in a CF who won 8% of his 49 aerial duels and one who played almost every game last season. 

May only competed for 49 aerial duels. I'm certain Warne won't even consider signing a CF who has won less than that. Harrison, Smith, Nombe and Cosgrove would be more realistic targets based on style.

I'm a bit confused, pretty sure I've kept up with the thread but, who's Thompson?

13 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

We signed David Nish for more than that in the days when it cost 60p to stand on the Popside and £1.20 to sit down

Not the greatest view, sat down on the Popside. 😉

I think the club should be looking at lower leagues and taking a relatively low stakes gambles. Hopefully the new head of recruitment will earn his corn. 

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

For perspective. He’s 30 in a couple of weeks time, has only ever scored goals at a football league level the last 2 seasons. 

Plus he's tiny so will only suit a certain style of play. Probably worth a gamble as an option if it is £200k but not one too get too het up about.