NML

simmoram1995

What is everyone’s views on him I thought in the past few games it’s been his lack of effort that got me , the half assed shots at goal , not bothering to track back. a few months ago he was some player but has definitely dropped off. I’d be happy to see Barkhuizen or Dobbin to start over him and sibley against Sheffield Wednesday 

3 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

What is everyone’s views on him I thought in the past few games it’s been his lack of effort that got me , the half assed shots at goal , not bothering to track back. a few months ago he was some player but has definitely dropped off. I’d be happy to see Barkhuizen or Dobbin to start over him and sibley against Sheffield Wednesday 

very harsh comments , NML hasnt played this many games in a season for a long time, his positives far outweigh the negatives , hes been a joy to watch

I think lack of effort is harsh. He’s the ultimate confidence player. If it doesn’t come off for him in the first 10 minutes you can visibly see the change in demeanour. Happened the other week with the pass to an offside Knight instead of getting a shot off, and again yesterday. He was worrying defenders for fun first half of the season, but even his goal at Plymouth had him in two minds. 

Edited by DiggerB

Thought NML had probably his poorest game for Derby yesterday. Nothing he tried worked!!

He has pace though and let's face it we do not have that many alternatives. Barkuisen and Dobbin have not effected games when they have come on as subs. Indeed for me Dobbin has not been the same since being dropped a couple of months ago. When he does come on he just doesn't seem as committed as he was in the first half of the season.

21 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

Thought NML had probably his poorest game for Derby yesterday. Nothing he tried worked!!

He has pace though and let's face it we do not have that many alternatives. Barkuisen and Dobbin have not effected games when they have come on as subs. Indeed for me Dobbin has not been the same since being dropped a couple of months ago. When he does come on he just doesn't seem as committed as he was in the first half of the season.

What I’d say about the subs is how lacklustre they seem before the game, at halftime and when they come on. 

Think he, on avarage, offers more than Dobbin and Barks right now. Only have to take one extra second to cool down and make the right choice a little more often. Might be a challenge for him since he rely on pace and power. Maybe he should make the easy choice more often than not? Run, cross, shoot, repeat. 

He runs very fast indeed, amazing bursts of pace. We need to take advantage of that and he needs to have less time to make a decision atm as he's a bit unsure when shooting. Keep him out wide more, him and FB Knighty should cause havoc.

Very harsh to say he’s not working hard enough. I’d say he’s one of the hardest working players in this squad - in fact, one of the hardest working players I’ve seen in a Derby shirt. Gets up and down the pitch for 90 mins week in, week out - pressing, tracking back, and taking on opponents. Amazing considering he’s not exactly a spring chicken.

The problem for me is we’ve overused him, that’s why he’s lost a bit of form and quality in the final third. Feels like he’s played the full game most matches these season, which is not what you want to be doing with your wingers, as it’s the most physically demanding role on the football field. Warne should’ve utilised Barkuizen more and rested NML sometimes. Hopefully the 8 day break allows him to recover a bit - because he’s been very productive when at his best, and we will need him Sunday.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Very harsh to say he’s not working hard enough. I’d say he’s one of the hardest working players in this squad - in fact, one of the hardest working players I’ve seen in a Derby shirt. Gets up and down the pitch for 90 mins week in, week out - pressing, tracking back, and taking on opponents. Amazing considering he’s not exactly a spring chicken.

The problem for me is we’ve overused him, that’s why he’s lost a bit of form and quality in the final third. Feels like he’s played the full game most matches these season, which is not what you want to be doing with your wingers, as it’s the most physically demanding role on the football field. Warne should’ve utilised Barkuizen more and rested NML sometimes. Hopefully the 8 day break allows him to recover a bit - because he’s been very productive when at his best, and we will need him Sunday.

Very sensible post. Who has stolen your phone?