NML

simmoram1995

Both him and McGoldrick are the most likely we have to create a goal so he has to play usually - his confidence is down a bit after missing a couple of sitters in the last few home games - I also want him nowhere near our penalty box because he will lose his man and that’s why we have him here in the third division 

Criticism of him is a tad harsh. He's been one of our better players, caused problems and created a lot of chances. Like most wide players below the top level, he's inconsistent and doesn't always make the best decisions, hard to hold that against him given we're in League 1. He's looked tired for a few months to be fair, might just be his style or body language.

Hopefully he can raise his game again next week as I think he's one of the most likely goal threats and we need as many of them on the pitch as we can.

I remember earlier in the season Warne (after a mediocre performance ) saying something like …we can’t just stand around and hope by giving it to Nat he’ll work a miracle. He is a cracking player, a bit down on confidence at the moment but he’ll be back, needs a goal or the giving of a right back a roasting with the roar of PP behind him. 

All will be well, for some weird reason I have huge positive waves at the moment. There’s something in the air and Mr Shoulders is going to be the difference 

I think playing at 10 will suit him, but when he's not turning and running at the defence he looks confused and it's making him over-think everything. He's been training for his whole career to get to the byline, and being asked to play a new position right at the end of a grueling season must be tough. If he gets an early goal on Sunday, he'll find his mojo.

Extremely harsh to say he is lacking effort he still manages to nick  the ball back when you least expect it …he gives 100 per cent for me but that doesn’t always mean he has great game he’s a little off form but still a game changer for me …I know opposition fans are happy when he goes off 

Edited by S8TY

I think he’s lost confidence in front of goal in particular. The not tracking back I would say is more of a positional change. We were awesome first 25 mins on Saturday and he contributed. As others have said he offers more than Dobbin and Barkhuizen. The latter I don’t think anyone can really say he’s been under utilised, he lost his place in the team because he wasn’t performing and every time he’s been given a chance he hasn’t taken it. Has talent and pace to burn but IMO Barkhuizen is the most inconsistent player we have on the books. It’s infuriating because when he’s good he’s very good, just not done it often enough.

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I think he’s lost confidence in front of goal in particular. The not tracking back I would say is more of a positional change. We were awesome first 25 mins on Saturday and he contributed. As others have said he offers more than Dobbin and Barkhuizen. The latter I don’t think anyone can really say he’s been under utilised, he lost his place in the team because he wasn’t performing and every time he’s been given a chance he hasn’t taken it. Has talent and pace to burn but IMO Barkhuizen is the most inconsistent player we have on the books. It’s infuriating because when he’s good he’s very good, just not done it often enough.

Interesting view about Barkhauzen as I was going to say imo the problem with NML was he wasn't rested back end of Jan when he started fo look jaded, and Barks was in his best form, my thought at the time was it didn't make sense bringing Dobbin in for Barks when he'd been playing well yet NML was flagging. 

I think NMl is a 60 minute player, doesn't get taken off enough to preserve him.

An exciting player when on form, but realistically doesn't deliver anywhere near enough, not just goals either, some of his crossing is very poor, but that's why he's in league 1.

The chance on Saturday,  when McGoldrick passed to him I sat back down, doesn't look like he'll ever score again.

Edited by Rich84
Correction