Sheffield Wednesday (A) Sun 7th May, 12:00 KO

Just now, Andrew1 said:

Well you can, he had an official on the line that he could have taken the time to talk to…

The linesman would've been on the far side with Davies behind their attacker. I don't think there would be any chance of the lino seeing something the ref couldn't.

It's cheating but I don't blame the ref for giving it. I thought it was a pen at first viewing too.

Another half of football that completely sums up our whole season. Enough chances to score 3 goals, 'gamesmanship' from the opposition and a highly dodgy refereeing decision. We shouldn't be behind on so many counts.

Let's hope they can use that as motivation to stick it to them second half...

1 minute ago, strawhillram said:

A draw was  the best we could hope for with 11 men. Probably now trying to avoid a thrashing

Why would we try to avoid a thrashing? May as well lose 6-0 giving it a go. If we get one back then yeah sit in and get the point…but avoid a thrashing should not be on their minds. 

5 minutes ago, BrudeRAM said:

Why have we pulled Sibley off? We need a goal? 

Daft from Davies, ball should’ve been in row Z rather than dribbled back to Wildsmith

But we’ve looked on top most of that half, better ball from Bird or bit more lift on McGoldrick’s effort and we could’ve had a couple. 45mins to save our season, it’s down to us! COME ON LADS!!🐏

Flat back four with smith at RB is my guess at the change 

Davies have never been to good on the ball so these situations are bound to happen once or twice every season when playing him. Very sad it happened today of all days. Have to take the good with the bad I am afraid. 

Now we need runners on the pitch and try to snatch something on the break. Will be a tough ask but nothing else to do. Go for it lads!

6 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

Sick of hearing that it's the refs costing us, it isn't! It's the schoolboy mistakes, without that dreadful back pass the penalty etc doesn't happen 

Exactly this, people venting frustration elsewhere are just plain wrong..truth hurts, but truth is an ageing defender made a mistake.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

The linesman would've been on the far side with Davies behind their attacker. I don't think there would be any chance of the lino seeing something the ref couldn't.

It's cheating but I don't blame the ref for giving it. I thought it was a pen at first viewing too.

But he could have advised that he wasn’t the last man at least, he didn’t even take the time…. It’s the difference between a decent ref and the s**** we’ve seen this season…

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

There you go. End of debate. The ref has screwed us over. I don't blame Curtis one bit.

You don’t blame him? Did the ref mess up the pass spectacularly to put us in danger from a routine clear up? Honestly…

3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

He really didn't 

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

He didn't "put his arms around him" though.

It was a hand placed (without force) on the shoulder that had absolutely f*** all impact on whether the opposition could stay on his feet it even get to the ball or not - had he not gone down he'd have still got the ball first.

It isn't a no contact sport.

He put his left arm around their forwards left arm. I’m not saying it is enough to go down but he’s damn well old enough to know that you do that at your own peril. You give the ref a decision to make. 

It shouldn’t, in my opinion, have been a penalty because although he DID put his arm around their player. It isn’t enough to bring the player down. 

Once the penalty has been given you have to accept a red card because there was no clear effort to win the ball during the ‘foul’

Davies makes a mistake not clearing the ball and playing a poor pass back. The ref and the lino have then arguably made an error with the pen and the subsequent red card. There is fault throughout the whole passage of play. 
It happened, it isn’t going to change, what we need to see now is how Warne and the team deal with it.

Just now, Andrew1 said:

But he could have advised that he wasn’t the last man at least, he didn’t even take the time…. It’s the difference between a decent ref and the s**** we’ve seen this season…

Last man doesn’t mean anything. He was tapping into an empty net from 16 yards out. It was a clear goal scoring opportunity which is what the laws use. 

Wasn’t a foul but if the foul is given a red has to follow in that circumstance.