Bristol Rovers (A) Sat 15th April

18 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This is the least “diplomatic” I’ve seen Warne I think. Readily admits the faults in our own performance and makes it clear what he thinks about their penalty.

Very interesting! There was me thinking the ref wasn't tooooo bad, which is incredibly generous given my reputation, and then Warney is virtually effing and blinding on the telly, and absolutely furious about the penalty decision. Apart from putting in his report on the matchofficials, is there anything he can do?  It would also be interesting what he actually thinks about the catalogue of poor decisions this season (ignoring the previous 3 seasons!), although I think he gave a pretty big hint on that one!

Even so, to speak as though that performance was worthy of the points is rather rich, I fear. WE actually deserved nowt!

Edited by DavesaRam

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Very interesting! There was me thinking the ref wasn't tooooo bad, which is incredibly generous given my reputation, and then Warney is virtually effing and blinding on the telly, and absolutely furious about the penalty decision. Apart from putting in his report on the matchofficials, is there anything he can do?  It would also be interesting what he actually thinks about the catalogue of poor decisions this season (ignoring the previous 3 seasons!), although I think he gave a pretty big hint on that one!

They’ll fine him as he comments in the video, it won’t change anything in our favour apart from maybe encouraging any future officials to bear the comments in mind, however unlikely 

4 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Even so, to speak as though that performance was worthy of the points is rather rich, I fear. WE actually deserved nowt!

We deserved a point, which is what we got.

It’s all crystallising now. 3 teams (four at the extreme) for 2 places. 

Que sara sara. 

Bottom line is we are a competitive team, there isn’t much wrong with that, but any pretensions to greatness or entitlement can quietly be consigned to the dustbin. We are short on numbers and a young keen line leader but other teams could bemoan the lack of a quality CB or a CM who can pass. I reckon we are where we deserve to be. Warts and all.  Let’s bite our knuckles, get behind our men and roar them on. This is sport, may the best team win 🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏 ( that’s us obvs 🙄

I thoroughly enjoyed my live football today.

Watched Tamworth (3rd in their league) beat Leiston (2nd), leapfrog both teams above them to go top with two games remaining (one of them a home game against Nuneaton that had to be abandoned due to crowd trouble).

Nice to see a win, walked to the ground so no worries about traffic and very little of the dark arts.

Still, I’ll be back at PP on Saturday. 🐏

14 minutes ago, jono said:

It’s all crystallising now. 3 teams (four at the extreme) for 2 places. 

Que sara sara. 

Bottom line is we are a competitive team, there isn’t much wrong with that, but any pretensions to greatness or entitlement can quietly be consigned to the dustbin. We are short on numbers and a young keen line leader but other teams could bemoan the lack of a quality CB or a CM who can pass. I reckon we are where we deserve to be. Warts and all.  Let’s bite our knuckles, get behind our men and roar them on. This is sport, may the best team win 🐏🐏🐏🐏🐏 ( that’s us obvs 🙄

We had a quality CM in JK38, but he’s turned into a s*** Robbie Savage

42 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

On way back we didn’t deserve anything but guess like Warne said away it isn’t about entertainment away we did a job for 90 mins and a bad ref call cost us 

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thoroughly enjoyed my live football today.

Watched Tamworth (3rd in their league) beat Leiston (2nd), leapfrog both teams above them to go top with two games remaining (one of them a home game against Nuneaton that had to be abandoned due to crowd trouble).

Nice to see a win, walked to the ground so no worries about traffic and very little of the dark arts.

Still, I’ll be back at PP on Saturday. 🐏

What was the ref like 🤔

1 hour ago, JMC said:

Just seen the penalty decision. Wouldn't say it was definitely a pen but can see why it was given. Should have been aware of the player that was going for the ball. 

Thought he was very aware that he'd lost him and committed a foul.

No disrespect to White who may make a decent player, but that's two soft pennos he's committed and how many points lost. Why does Warne insist on bringing him on, he looks lost in the position he's asked to play (where-ever that is ffs!).

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Thought we played well in the opening twenty minutes then stank the place out.

...I groaned when CD was brought on but TBF he played well.

His was the only substitution that strengthened us.

I thought Bird did well, although he wasn't able to do as much as you'd hope in that mess of a midfield Warne set up!

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

OK. Didn’t have a lot to do. Didn’t have any big decisions to make, didn’t have to deal with any play acting and didn’t have to address any time wasting. 

Er... from the opposition, at least 😬

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

This is the least “diplomatic” I’ve seen Warne I think. Readily admits the faults in our own performance and makes it clear what he thinks about their penalty.

Can't be arsed to listen but who sent out the team in the second-half? Yet again they looked dazed and confused!