Bristol Rovers (A) Sat 15th April

36 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We have the resources (even under a business plan) and 'pull' to be a top choice to join. The current squad show that. The 'big club' thing is truth. Maybe the other 'big clubs' don't have a good manager to get them out of this league?

Here you go @Caerphilly Ram You missed this? 

We are a 'big club' in this league and our resources should mean we are top 6 easily.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Here you go @Caerphilly Ram You missed this? 

We are a 'big club' in this league and our resources should mean we are top 6 easily.

I’ve shared my thoughts on this point already. The big club thing in the context of your initial post isn’t truth. The fact we have a competitive wage budget is valid, we are a big club in this league, it isn’t the only contributing factor to a side’s success in a league.

I’ll use Chelsea as an example removed from Derby’s situation to further illustrate the point I am looking to make. They are a “big club”, they have the resources to attract a high calibre of players, they’re not in the top 4 of the premier league this season despite their massive investment. The context for why is to do with the turmoil the club has faced over the last year or so, the transitional period involving their manager and the imbalance within their playing squad. 
Being a big club in your respective league, with the associated resource, doesn’t mean instant success. Even with the right manager (supposing as you seem to be that Warne is not for Derby) appointed, it can still come down to additional contributing factors. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve shared my thoughts on this point already. The big club thing in the context of your initial post isn’t truth. The fact we have a competitive wage budget is valid, we are a big club in this league, it isn’t the only contributing factor to a side’s success in a league.

Yes, that WAS my point. We have the resources to easily be top 6, if we don't at least achieve that then question why not. The other factors being...

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, that WAS my point. We have the resources to easily be top 6, if we don't at least achieve that then question why not. The other factors being...

Fair enough, if we don’t achieve it, many will question it. Many already are and the season isn’t over yet.

I didn’t understand you using the big club argument in response to @Mr Tibbs post which seemed to be designed at finding positives in the current bleakness and pointed out despite the poor performances of the last couple of games and much maligned change in formation to a 3-5-2, it has in fact coincided with the side being unbeaten in 3 games. In truth I still don’t and probably won’t be able to grasp it so I’ll leave it there. 

On 15/04/2023 at 21:04, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Both him and Barkhuizen came here advising that wing back wasn't their position.  Barkhuizen actually stated it greatly affected his form at Preston and he was glad of the chance to come here and play his natural position.  Seems he turned down 3 other offers to come here based on this .  He won't be here next season.

As I said before.  The club admins of every team we play in this league put out piss taking videos like they've won the lottery when they get a point.  This tinpot shithousery shows just how big a club we are in this league.  Nothing to do with arrogance.  We just are and these players need to have that mentality and start knowing it.  Real Madrid never seem to have the best line up to win the Champions league every year.  Their mentality has them a goal up before every game.  

13 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

As I said before.  The club admins of every team we play in this league put out piss taking videos like they've won the lottery when they get a point.  This tinpot shithousery shows just how big a club we are in this league.  Nothing to do with arrogance.  We just are and these players need to have that mentality and start knowing it.  Real Madrid never seem to have the best line up to win the Champions league every year.  Their mentality has them a goal up before every game.  

I found Wildsmith's feigned injuries and timewasting a total embarrassment.  And the diving on the ball after every save.  The sort of behaviour you expect when you're 5 minutes away from causing a cup upset, not just trying to defend a lead in League One.  For 85 minutes. No wonder he got booked.

We all know the home crowd can act as the 12th player on the pitch.  Did he not realise that incensing the crowd made them more vocal and encouraging in their support of Rovers? He might think the "You're sh1t, hahahaha" chant every time he kicked the ball (not just the goalkicks) and "wankerrr, wankerrr, wankerrr" chant (in Bristolian) were funny and he could somehow rise above it, but it just didn't help our team.  "Same old Derby cheats" was painful to hear.

I was unfortunately standing on the Rovers' terrace and they were absolutely loving it.  I turned to my son after the trainer was called on for yet another Wildsmith phantom injury and we agreed this behaviour would bite us on the bum eventually.  Sure enough, 7 minutes added time mostly down to JW.  Surely no Rams fan was surprised that a penalty was given at 90+5 mins when in other circumstances the final whistle would have blown long before?

Sort it out Wildsmith/Warne!

On 18/04/2023 at 13:13, Ram Logan Josh said:

I found Wildsmith's feigned injuries and timewasting a total embarrassment.  And the diving on the ball after every save.  The sort of behaviour you expect when you're 5 minutes away from causing a cup upset, not just trying to defend a lead in League One.  For 85 minutes. No wonder he got booked.

We all know the home crowd can act as the 12th player on the pitch.  Did he not realise that incensing the crowd made them more vocal and encouraging in their support of Rovers? He might think the "You're sh1t, hahahaha" chant every time he kicked the ball (not just the goalkicks) and "wankerrr, wankerrr, wankerrr" chant (in Bristolian) were funny and he could somehow rise above it, but it just didn't help our team.  "Same old Derby cheats" was painful to hear.

I was unfortunately standing on the Rovers' terrace and they were absolutely loving it.  I turned to my son after the trainer was called on for yet another Wildsmith phantom injury and we agreed this behaviour would bite us on the bum eventually.  Sure enough, 7 minutes added time mostly down to JW.  Surely no Rams fan was surprised that a penalty was given at 90+5 mins when in other circumstances the final whistle would have blown long before?

Sort it out Wildsmith/Warne!

Totally agree. I despise this when it’s done to us, and I don’t want us doing it. The fact that the penalty decision was a complete joke is not relevant as we gave them the time to come up with their own dark arts. 

Football-wise, we’ve just seen Derby and Sheff Wed - it’s archaic what they’re doing but it’s effective for them,” Barton continued.

“As soon as they get to the Championship, they’re coming back down because it’s not good enough. Or they’re going to have to rip it up. You can’t bully people in the Champ. They’re only successful because they’ve stockpiled better players.

A-  You absolutely can bully players in the championship.  Ask Burnley under Dyche. 

B-  Obviously Joey knows something different to me regarding these players.  As we've used 22 over the whole season and 4 of them have played about  15 games between them, can we unpack some of our unused stock.  Can't wait to find out who we've been keeping in the freezer.

43 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Football-wise, we’ve just seen Derby and Sheff Wed - it’s archaic what they’re doing but it’s effective for them,” Barton continued.

“As soon as they get to the Championship, they’re coming back down because it’s not good enough. Or they’re going to have to rip it up. You can’t bully people in the Champ. They’re only successful because they’ve stockpiled better players.

A-  You absolutely can bully players in the championship.  Ask Burnley under Dyche. 

B-  Obviously Joey knows something different to me regarding these players.  As we've used 22 over the whole season and 4 of them have played about  15 games between them, can we unpack some of our unused stock.  Can't wait to find out who we've been keeping in the freezer.

Is having better players not allowed then?

23 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Is having better players not allowed then?

Not keeping 100 cryogenically frozen for the last 5 games no.  Only Forest are allowed that.   I assume he thinks that we played a totally different side from the one they played at Pride Park that tore his progressive football giants a new a******* in 15 mins of play.

If Joey Barton tried to talk to me about anything, I would wish I was deaf.

This is Joey Barton. Joey "cigar in the youth players eye" Barton. Joey "assault charge" Barton. Joey "red card" Barton. Joey "in court on wife beating charges" Barton. Joey "assaulting rival managers in the tunnel" Barton.

He is the last person to try to take the moral high ground.

Oxygen thief.