Bristol Rovers (A) Sat 15th April

The games are running out and we need to get back on track fast.

To coin a Paul Warne phrase, I fancy us to scrape a “honking” away win. 

Keep the faith. 🐏 

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

If anyone has a spare ticket for Saturday please let me know.

I live in Bristol so am happy to meet up and pay in person if that helps.

Cheers

Have you considered sitting on your hands in the home end? I was thinking of hopping over the bridge to do that very thing before parental responsibility put an end to that

50 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Have you considered sitting on your hands in the home end? I was thinking of hopping over the bridge to do that very thing before parental responsibility put an end to that

Yes but they won’t release tickets to anyone who hasn’t purchased before.

I’m waiting on a couple of options and still hopeful 🤞

8 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Yes but they won’t release tickets to anyone who hasn’t purchased before.

I’m waiting on a couple of options and still hopeful 🤞

I had a look on their site after posting, shame that with tickets still available two days before kick off they’re limiting the purchase to people with a ticket history as well as not offering pay on the day. 
I guess it stops the very thing I was suggesting, objectively speaking it also limits the opportunity for new fans locally. 

After the dust has settled on Mondays game, it’s difficult not to think we should broadly stick to the same starting 11/formation. I’d just change NML for Dobbin. On a different day we could’ve been 4-0 up in the first half. I know this keeps happening - that we give a team a shoeing for 45 mins but don’t make it count and then pay the price in the second half when they get wise, we get tired/frustrated and the wheels fall off. But what can we do? At some point that first half display has to turn into a healthy unassailable lead. But who knows what’s best? Certainly not me. 

Wildsmith

Rooney.    Cashin.   Fozzy

Knight.                                      Roberts

Bird         Conor

Sibbo

NML                 McGoldrick 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wildsmith 

Chester     Fozzie        Cashin

Smith   Knight   Bird   White   Barkhuizen

Sibley         McGoldrick 

Roberts is bound to start don't you think?

For me:

Rooney Fozzie Cashin Roberts

Smith

Knight Bird 

Barks Didzy Sibley

40 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Wildsmith 

Chester     Fozzie        Cashin

Smith   Knight   Bird   White   Barkhuizen

Sibley         McGoldrick 

Chester injured isn’t he?

Please just don’t let him start Collins. I’m not really sure what he brings to the table. Can’t finish and doesn’t particularly seem to win headers or second balls- Mcgoldrick is far more effective in both those regards

Would much rather have a more able player player further to the pitch ie knight, Sibley, Hourihane, Dobbin 

11 minutes ago, Jram said:

Please just don’t let him start Collins. I’m not really sure what he brings to the table. Can’t finish and doesn’t particularly seem to win headers or second balls- Mcgoldrick is far more effective in both those regards

Would much rather have a more able player player further to the pitch ie knight, Sibley, Hourihane, Dobbin 

Although I agree we need as much of of a goal threat as possible, I do think Collins has looked far more capable the last couple of games, he hit the post on Monday, the goal came from him moving the corner on at the near post, he used his aggression and pressing in the right way and had a couple of other chances. Whether he starts or comes on from the bench on Saturday I’m hoping he carries on in that vein with an added goal or two. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Although I agree we need as much of of a goal threat as possible, I do think Collins has looked far more capable the last couple of games, he hit the post on Monday, the goal came from him moving the corner on at the near post, he used his aggression and pressing in the right way and had a couple of other chances. Whether he starts or comes on from the bench on Saturday I’m hoping he carries on in that vein with an added goal or two. 

In fairness, he should really have scored when he hit the post. Only about 10 yards from goal.

I appreciate he probably does stuff that I don’t appreciate but I’m just constantly frustrated that he is seemingly in the team to battle for possession from balls played up to him, win headers and score goals and he seems to have a terrible success rate with all 3 

8 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I, unfortunately, will be doing exactly that. Well, in the standing area actually.  I'll be wearing a Rams shirt but keeping it covered up obviously.  My contact who got my ticket could possibly get you one too @Anag Ram. Let me know if you want me to pursue this.

4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Roberts is bound to start don't you think?

For me:

Rooney Fozzie Cashin Roberts

Smith

Knight Bird 

Barks Didzy Sibley

Yes not easy to drop roberts but he’s not always careful in possession. But would be fine to see him start. I like Barks on the right as well (and NML’s end product doesn’t match his strength on the ball). I would like to see Chester at the back tho, protected by Smith. I like Rooney on the ball but his positional instincts for me aren’t yet developed and we need clean sheets given how hard we find it to score goals. 

3 hours ago, Jram said:

Collins had a big game Monday and nearly bagged one from the far post. It’s not an easy call - I can’t believe how often he’s back in our own box picking up the pieces. Very hard to judge how valuable he is given his work rate. If only he could damn well head the ball