Run in to play offs...

nfb

13 minutes ago, secretsquirrel said:

I have a strange feeling that the final game against Wednesday will see us needing to win to make play offs and them needing to win to make automatic-we sneak it then we  face them in the semis over 2 legs

This scenario, and others have been discussed at length with my Wednesday neighbour.

I think it’s all irrelevant now - not a hope in hell of making the playoffs. 
Looking at the Fixtures and Peterborough being 2pts ahead of us - we are going to need a minimum of 3 wins and 2 draws or 4 wins to get 6th spot,,,,,,,,,,,, it’s just not gonna happen folks !! Just except it 😃🐏

20 minutes ago, Keepyuppy said:

I think it’s all irrelevant now - not a hope in hell of making the playoffs. 
Looking at the Fixtures and Peterborough being 2pts ahead of us - we are going to need a minimum of 3 wins and 2 draws or 4 wins to get 6th spot,,,,,,,,,,,, it’s just not gonna happen folks !! Just except it 😃🐏

You’re probably right but, “looking at the fixtures” would you have expected us to only draw against MKD and lose at home to Fleetwood? Would you have expected Wednesday to lose at FGR or Peterborough to lose at home to Cheltenham?

Not that they’re in our mini league but just proving the point that this league can be unpredictable, would you have expected Barnsley to lose at Burton or Plymouth to lose at home to Lincoln?

Edited by Tamworthram

Doesn't seem that long ago that we were clear of the team below the play offs by something like 7 pts. Losing 3 games consecutively was our undoing,  and failing to beat MK Dons at home has probably put an end to play off hopes. Not even sure that we would have a squad capable of competing in the championship. Finishing in L1 play off position next season is a must though! 

9 hours ago, europia said:

Doesn't seem that long ago that we were clear of the team below the play offs by something like 7 pts. Losing 3 games consecutively was our undoing,  and failing to beat MK Dons at home has probably put an end to play off hopes. Not even sure that we would have a squad capable of competing in the championship. Finishing in L1 play off position next season is a must though! 

We could get one. It was only the beginning of this season we didn't have a squad capable of competing in league 1! Let's get there.

Peterborough 2 PTS in front, 

Same PTS as Bolton but they have a game in hand.

5 games left but we have to play Portsmouth and Wendys in them, also we are in "relegation" form at the moment.

I would say if we don't win against Bristol tomorrow it's game set and match and another season in the 3rd division.

3 hours ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

Peterborough 2 PTS in front, 

Same PTS as Bolton but they have a game in hand.

5 games left but we have to play Portsmouth and Wendys in them, also we are in "relegation" form at the moment.

I would say if we don't win against Bristol tomorrow it's game set and match and another season in the 3rd division.

It won’t quite be game, set and match but it might well be match point to Bolton and Peterborough. 

The bookies have us at 6-1 for promotion and Posh at 11/2. Wycombe are outsiders at 66-1. I think we have an easier run-in than Posh. The one game that worries me is Burton Albion. We scoffed at their January business but they will come to PP to really “upset the apple cart”.

8 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

The bookies have us at 6-1 for promotion and Posh at 11/2. Wycombe are outsiders at 66-1. I think we have an easier run-in than Posh. The one game that worries me is Burton Albion. We scoffed at their January business but they will come to PP to really “upset the apple cart”.

I think we have a tough final 4 games…

1 minute ago, Thameram said:

Peterborough have ipswich and barnsley can't see them winning against either

No but we have Wednesday and Exeter away and Portsmouth at home, none of which will be easy. Anything could happen in the Burton game. 

It’s finely balanced. I reckon we need to keep the gap down to no more than 2 points after Tuesday.