Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

Mackenzie Warne

Son of Paul wonder if he will turn up in our Academy team

Seen a few comments about him not been very good and a bit of nepotism involved. He's been on loan at Bridlington Town AFC (same league as Long Eaton for context, step 4) and not pulled up any trees.

27 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

I know he has had injury problems over the last 2/3 years and had a spell up the A52, but I’ve always rated Sam Byram as a good versatile player. Full back, wing back, centre back, used to play wide man and scored goals for Leeds. Any takers? Be a good addition I think

Yes a decent player when fit - is he ever going to be ok? 

35 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

I know he has had injury problems over the last 2/3 years and had a spell up the A52, but I’ve always rated Sam Byram as a good versatile player. Full back, wing back, centre back, used to play wide man and scored goals for Leeds. Any takers? Be a good addition I think

I think Paul Warne would break him if he came 😂

21 hours ago, Topram said:

Bradley Dack available on a free, bad injury record last couple seasons but some player on his day 

Always been a big fan of the lad but injuries taken their toll now it seems. Seeing photo of him and his Mrs on here, I’d say we couldn’t afford his six figure weekly wages he’d need to pay for her Botox anyway. 
part botox GIF

22 hours ago, Topram said:

Bradley Dack available on a free, bad injury record last couple seasons but some player on his day 

Was a terrific player two years ago but his injuries make him such a risk. If he:

a) had a good pre-season

b) lost some weight 

and

c) dropped his wage demands (unlikely)

then we should swoop.

However, there are a lot of obstacles in the way.

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Archie Collins at Exeter. Get him signed up

He's linked to championship clubs, it's doubtful unless he'd get a guarantee of 1st team starting, but with horihane Knight and bird it's unlikely at the moment he'd get that re assurance

25 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

He's linked to championship clubs, it's doubtful unless he'd get a guarantee of 1st team starting, but with horihane Knight and bird it's unlikely at the moment he'd get that re assurance

Wel be playing 3 CM’s next season I imagine and Knight won’t be 1 of them. Most likely scenario is he’s sold but if he’s still around he’s not good enough on the ball to play CM imo. Fantastic athlete but lacks that final bit of quality when it matters.

6 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Wel be playing 3 CM’s next season I imagine and Knight won’t be 1 of them. Most likely scenario is he’s sold but if he’s still around he’s not good enough on the ball to play CM imo. Fantastic athlete but lacks that final bit of quality when it matters.

I think knight be one of the 3 in midfield been times were played 352 or even 451 formation this season.

17 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Surely we get knight to sign for longer or we sell him before August as we can’t afford to watch good players leave for nothing - I hope we do get him to extend at least for another season after this one coming.

I'd be suprised if Knight is here come August.

In fact if any of Knight, Bird or Cashin are here come August I would be very pleasantly suprised 

28 minutes ago, valakari said:

Left back from Lincoln City, Sean Roughan...is Mendez - Laing still in his pocket??

Seriously that young lad was brilliant against us at Pride Park, i'd be signing him!

Second half of the season - a lot of Left Backs had NML in their pockets!

23 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Was a terrific player two years ago but his injuries make him such a risk. If he:

a) had a good pre-season

b) lost some weight 

and

c) dropped his wage demands (unlikely)

then we should swoop.

However, there are a lot of obstacles in the way.

Just raised this suggestion on another thread! Yes, there are few obstacles, not least wage demands/expectations. They may be great expectations and if we gave into them we would face hard times......

29 minutes ago, Olaf Penge said:

Just raised this suggestion on another thread! Yes, there are few obstacles, not least wage demands/expectations. They may be great expectations and if we gave into them we would face hard times......

Olivia says he has a Little Dorrit.🐭🍆