Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Jordan Thorniley would be a very good pick up, perhaps even Keshi Anderson. Both have just left Blackpool at the end of their contract. 

Thorniley is one in particular we should be all over, would suit the style and the team. If we could have a back three of Thorniley, Cashin and Bradley. What a base that is to build from - a lot of quality and experience.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Warne won't want 2 of his 3 centre backs under 6ft.

Good player but not for Warne I think.

As good as Cashin is, I can't see Warne not going with an experienced player as first choice central CB, therefore Cashin is the LCB and no point signing Thorniley.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

As good as Cashin is, I can't see Warne not going with an experienced player as first choice central CB, therefore Cashin is the LCB and no point signing Thorniley.

Gonna need 2 probably. Lost Curtis and Stearman too. Unless he is ok with Foz, Cash and Rooney as another - plus potentially Roberts if he keeps him. 

Don’t know if they’ve been said on here yet but, 

Matty Longstaff (23) (CM) - could be worth a shot on a free, energetic, can score a goal looked decent the few games he played in the prem, negative is he’s comin off an ACL injury.

Tayo Adaromola (19) (LB) - good defensively and goin forward, been good whenever I’ve seen him for the Irish underage teams, also been good for palace u21s for a couple years, but he’s not signing a new contract with them.

36 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Don’t know if they’ve been said on here yet but, 

Matty Longstaff (23) (CM) - could be worth a shot on a free, energetic, can score a goal looked decent the few games he played in the prem, negative is he’s comin off an ACL injury.

Tayo Adaromola (19) (LB) - good defensively and goin forward, been good whenever I’ve seen him for the Irish underage teams, also been good for palace u21s for a couple years, but he’s not signing a new contract with them.

Wouldn't mind Longstaff but I don't think there's any way we'll be able to afford his wages. Think he's on 20+ grand a week at Newcastle

14 minutes ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Wouldn't mind Longstaff but I don't think there's any way we'll be able to afford his wages. Think he's on 20+ grand a week at Newcastle

Cant see anyone willing to pay him them wages, so he’s going to have to take a cut this summer as he’s not signing a new deal at Newcastle,

11 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

Sam Winnall leaving Burton.

Borthwick-Jackson could be a possibility for that LWB spot too.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/news/2023/may/1705-retainedlist/

A couple that they’ve offered contracts to are interesting squad options. Taylor can play cdm or cb I believe and Tom Hamer played 35 times scoring 3 and assisting 5 as a right back so maybe an option for the rb/rwb slot. Happy to be corrected by anyone who’s seen them play more.
There’s a number of options out there on frees or in negotiations for extensions who we can approach as of this Saturday. I think we’ll see the club do some good business in the free agent market once again this summer to fill out the squad and strengthen in defence then hopefully use what “modest” funds we do have on a couple of difference makers at the sharp end of the pitch. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

5 hours ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Well if got no club room for negations then. He might settle 10k a week then.

1 minute ago, The_Sheriff said:

Guys we shouldnt even entertain signing matty longstaff hes struggled in league 2! Let alone pay him a 5 figure some weekly

Basically pestered his way into the Newcastle team after tagging along to training with his older brother, scored a lucky goal vs Man Utd, and has struggled ever since.

Sam Winnal is a free agent. Hard working centre forward with some bite to him who I can't see having silly wage demands. I think he would be a good squad player especially if we play with two up top (obviously this would be alongside a more proflic scorer like Alife May).