Free agents in the summer

B4ev6is

20 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

It’s an interesting dilemma for clubs in our division and possibly even those in the lower half of the Championship, given how influential he was in the first half of the season.

I can understand why Exeter have frozen him out and let his contract run down. As a club that is built upon trust ownership and community involvement, their stance makes complete sense.

But is there a club out there who will look at his situation and wonder if they can take the heat?

I am sure there’ll be clubs out there thinking they could be the ones that are able to turn him around and help him reform.

There are a number of players who have bounced back from major issues of misconduct, after all.

Even our very own NML. 

It's a shame, all my dealings with him have always been positive, been great with the kids, always seemed perfectly pleasant.

This isn't the first occurance is the thing as well which probably played into it. A few months before him and jamal blackman were fighting argyle fans on a night out in exeter. He apparently has had similar at Cambridge in the past

I'm a trust member at exeter-(yes I know.. but local team that is fan owned, it costs 24 quid a year) - and I while heartedly back how the club handled it. Supported him in court as his employer, let him continue to work but openly said he wouldn't be selected. The right move

34 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

To have delivered those numbers in 27 games he was clearly on for a great season. Shame.

I guess if he’s shown remorse and takes his punishment everyone deserves a second chance but probably not here. 

There's 2 sides to every story. His mother has been all over social media being a right big gob so probably just best letting someone else take him on. Great player but sadly probably not worth the hassle

10 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Based on his past playing history, age and the fact he's been captain of a team in the championship playoffs, he's probably looking at two years at the highest wage possible.  Think that rules us out. 

Wouldnt be so sure. Luton clearly dont feel hes a top end championship player to let him go.

Hes 31 and his last wage is 3.6k according to salary sport.   We just let davies go whos was on more then double that. (Latest figures)

Agree a cardiff type team could lure him instead (lower championship) but could be worth enquiring.

12 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Definitely wouldn’t have flint or any Sheffield Wednesday players they are playing awful 

They're so bad, they're making Peterborough look half decent!

18 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Definitely wouldn’t have flint or any Sheffield Wednesday players they are playing awful 

They look petrified - one more goal for Posh and this tie could be over beforethe 2nd leg.

C'mon the Trotters!!!

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is there an actual transfer suggestion thread currently? I see along with Jags, Nick Powell has been released by the Potters. Always rated him 😁

Powell would be brilliant in league one.   4 major issues though. He will want a high wage,  hes injury prone, rumoured to have a bad attitude  and he may not want to drop a league.

1 hour ago, The_Sheriff said:

Powell would be brilliant in league one.   4 major issues though. He will want a high wage,  hes injury prone, rumoured to have a bad attitude  and he may not want to drop a league.

Not sure he is at the stage of his career where he can demand big bucks…