Points Deduction, Who's Next And When Will It Stop?

ram59

51 minutes ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

The EFL have spoken.

As Reading FC supporters are only too aware, it has in recent months become increasingly clear that Mr Dai Yongge is no longer in a position - or does not have the motivation - to support the Club financially as he did following the change of control in 2017.     

In November 2023, the EFL called for the disqualification of Mr Dai following the failure to fund the deposit account to cover player and staff salaries following repeated breaches of EFL Regulations. This was ultimately rejected by an Independent Disciplinary Commission and a financial sanction was imposed instead.   

The EFL has now received confirmation that Mr Dai did not meet last Friday’s latest deadline to fund the deposit account as ordered, meaning he has been in default for nearly four months.  As a result – and as per the terms of the 15 December decision - a further £50,000 fine has now been imposed, taking the total to £80,000.   

His continued failings mean that once again the Club's hardworking staff have no reassurance as to payment of wages and demonstrates a clear disregard for his obligations as a director of the Club.   

In respect of this issue, the League will now consider all available options it has under the Regulations and will have no hesitation in bringing further charges against Mr Dai.  

In the meantime, and for the sake of the future of Reading FC, its staff, supporters, and local community we urge Mr Dai either to fund the Club adequately or to make immediate arrangements to sell his majority shareholding to appropriate new owners so everyone can move forward with renewed optimism.   

 For our part, we will work with Mr Dai, his team, and the Club plus any potential purchaser to navigate and meet the requirements of the Regulations as quickly as is physically possible and bring an end to this difficult period for all parties.   

 What followed the events at the end of last week were the unfortunate scenes on Saturday afternoon that led to the abandonment of the fixture versus Port Vale, and further demonstrated the impact the current situation is having on everyone associated with the Club.   

However, entering the field of play is a criminal offence and puts the safety of all participants at risk.  The EFL Board will discuss events at Saturday’s match during its meeting later this week as it has a responsibility to the League’s member clubs and the competition to ensure all 72 Clubs meet the requirements of the rules as previously agreed by EFL Clubs.   

……………….should be interesting next Tuesday night. 👍🐏

I suspect the game will be closed doors.  They don’t have the funding to police the crowd to stop a similar event

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

If he's failed with the funding again, does that mean they are likely to get another points deduction?

At the Independent Disciplinary Commission hearing Robert Weekes KC for the EFL said that a deduction in points would be inappropriate, and then went on to give four reasons why a financial sanction would be inappropriate…………the EFL then had to fine Reading £50,000 when the ruling never went their way and had to follow the Commission’s recommendations

In the approach to sanctions Mr Weekes KC referred to EFL v Derby County.

Para 20 page 4

https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/gc-media-assets.gc.eflservices.co.uk/f9367d00-9e64-11ee-a874-f95b44f643aa.pdf

Edited by Old Spalding Ram

The difference in how we were treated and how they are being treated is astonishing.

I harbour no ill will towards Reading, but being allowed to sign and register players okus the EFL publically backing the fans is very different to how we had to sell our kids for a fraction of the worth in most cases, not to mention not being allowed to extend Jags contract for 6 months.

Not defending him, but I still think they went after Mel hard after he called out the TV deal.

Wigan fans saying similar on Social Media, well apart from the Mel bit.

57 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

The last I saw was a fans group urging all other fans not to attend the match

I heard Reading weren’t selling home tickets in the lower blocks and putting curtains across so they can’t do another pitch invasion 

1 hour ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I heard Reading weren’t selling home tickets in the lower blocks and putting curtains across so they can’t do another pitch invasion 

I'm not sure just tasking @Curtainsto stop a pitch invasion on his own is going to be enough if I'm honest.

Edited by RadioactiveWaste

This all sounds a bit grim for Reading

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/18/reading-implement-drastic-cost-cutting-measures-as-financial-crisis-deepens

Sniffing arround there forum it seems that some worry that there is a danger they might not be able to complete their fixtures and therefore be thrown out of the league. I don't like Reading much but really hope they survive.

10 hours ago, Shipley Ram said:

This all sounds a bit grim for Reading

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/jan/18/reading-implement-drastic-cost-cutting-measures-as-financial-crisis-deepens

Sniffing arround there forum it seems that some worry that there is a danger they might not be able to complete their fixtures and therefore be thrown out of the league. I don't like Reading much but really hope they survive.

To be honest, the only way I see them getting out of it is by their owner putting them in administration. He already owns the stadium and training ground. It means, once the players are sold they'll have absolutely nothing left... other than a massive pile of debt. I think it would take at least £25m for them to be bought out of admin. Would anyone be willing to pay that?

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They seem to banging on about whoosh whatever that is.

You Dont Get It Over Your Head GIF