Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

15 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

All hindsight now but completely the wrong team. I can see why PW went with that 11 on the back of that win at Oxford and DMcG & JK not training much... but those that had the opportunity completely blew it. I think that puts to bed any rose tinted glasses views that Curtis can do a job for us, same with Fozzy at LB - the legs aren't there. Subs should have been after 20 mins not 43. 

Bullied again and ripped apart by a superior midfield. Not sure how many games that is this year we've seen our lot chase shadows but I'm wondering if I'd be that arsed if we sold Sibley, Knight or Bird for significant fee's in the summer. They consistently can't do it. Boys chasing men around today again. 

Big game next week, lose that one and it's panic stations. 

Fleetwood were excellent btw. Strong in the tackle but played some nice stuff. Brave on the ball when they had to be and defended well - completely deserved win. Stockley would be an upgrade on Collins on todays showing. As would their no. 16 vs Bird/Hourihane/Knight. 

But it isn't hindsight is it? I am normally positive, at least before we have kicked a ball. So I posted that it looks like a strong bench. But to put it more bluntly (which is what I was thinking), the players who came off the bench should all have started. And we still had Harvey White, Liam Thompson, Jake Rooney completely unused. It's not as if he didn't have options. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

my patience snapped today tbh. Watched a lot of crap live recently but this was almost another level of bad. 

If your patience snapped today, it would suggest that it was probably never there to begin with.

We are still in the top six and still in with a chance of promotion and you think we should be considering Warne’s position?

Today was one very bad result and very bad performance in a largely positive season where the club is getting back on its feet and working under restrictions in a league that similarly big clubs under no such restrictions have laboured for years to get out of.

You’d rather us be spared embarrassment in the play-offs? You might need to take some time to cool off because you’re missing a lot of perspective.

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I admire his honesty, interesting comment about training being bad yesterday, not sure what to make of that really… long season catching up with a small squad? Poor attitude after a midweek jolly to the races? Just one of them things and we move on?

For me keeping perspective is key, it was a poor performance and we’ve had a few of them over the last few weeks, BUT I’m not going to lose my mind about it.
We have a small imbalanced squad and have had some injuries and poor individual form to contend with recently. Other teams have strengthened and their squads are balanced after years of structure and recruitment a luxury we don’t have thanks to our previous owner and the catastrophe he left behind.
We’re not entitled to anything at this level regardless of our history and level of support, and yet this squad which was thrown together in the summer, along with this management team, have shown that they can win and perform consistently in this league.
The season isn’t over, it’s more than one game, and it’s more than a few weeks of poor form. Things can and probably will change, we’re still in the playoff positions with a 4 point gap to 7th. I’ll wait until the season is over to fully have my meltdown if it’s necessary (probably not in truth as we’ll win the league next year if we stop down), and even then I’ll keep some perspective and enjoy the usual fuss over recruitment and the like as that’s the rollercoaster ride of supporting this great club.
Chin up folks, we go again  ? 

This idea that we will win the league next season ? Why???

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

If your patience snapped today, it would suggest that it was probably never there to begin with.

We are still in the top six and still in with a chance of promotion and you think we should be considering Warne’s position?

Today was one very bad result and very bad performance in a largely positive season where the club is getting back on its feet and working under restrictions in a league that similarly big clubs under no such restrictions have laboured for years to get out of.

You’d rather us be spared embarrassment in the play-offs? You might need to take some time to cool off because you’re missing a lot of perspective.

Our record against the top-half sides is really poor and our performances are getting worse rather than better. Does anyone really think we will beat either Barnsley, Plymouth, or Ipswich or Bolton? This has all the hallmarks of 2014-2015 at the moment. Losing 4-1 at Barnsley, screwing up a 2-0 lead at home to Shrewsbury, losing 2-0 at home today against Fleetwood this performance is not a 'one off' but an increasingly common occurrence under Warne. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

But it isn't hindsight is it? I am normally positive, at least before we have kicked a ball. So I posted that it looks like a strong bench. But to put it more bluntly (which is what I was thinking), the players who came off the bench should all have started. And we still had Harvey White, Liam Thompson, Jake Rooney completely unused. It's not as if he didn't have options. 

It is when at kick off neither of us knew Didzy and Knight had only trained a day this week (and badly with the sound of it).

I'm all for playing our better players but can I see why they didn't start and those that won us a game last week kept their place. 

1 hour ago, OssieEnd said:

Sorry their form has to be relevant . Deserved I agree. But their form is relevant . 

You’re wrong. Their current form isn’t relevant to whether they deserved the win or not.

It doesn’t matter if they’ve won ten games on the trot or lost ten games. Today they were by far the better team and deserved their win.

Edited by Tamworthram

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

This idea that we will win the league next season ? Why???

I wasn’t wholly serious and was leaning into my optimism in the face of the widespread misery many of you seem to be feeling. But also because we’re in the top 6 with the current squad and it’s limitations, another summer of recruiting players that suit the style the management want to play could see us progress further.

I genuinely think 3 players added to what we currently have would see is much higher in the league, if we had a proper right back, a more mobile athletic cb, and a physical presence in the middle of the park who weighs more than a curly wurly to complement the rest we’d be flying.

Whilst I agree today was poor and recently form has dropped right off I am not one for despair, or calling for managers to be sacked, or slating individual players. The club is rebuilding after nearly going out of existence, things can and will get better in time in my view, that might take more time or less time, I’m happy to wait and see. 

A truly terrible day for the football club and probably a game that will unfortunately live long in the memory. The players who started the game will really need to take a long, hard look at themselves. They’ve been beaten by players who are truly just trying to survive in the game, none of them are dreaming of playing international football or how they can progress through the leagues and play premier league football. They have players who are just trying their hardest not to be stacking shelves at Tesco next year, whilst playing non-league football in some scrub league local to where they grew up. 

If I was any of them players that started that game for Derby today, I’d want to start reevaluating a few things. It’s a question of their professionalism at this point. Awful. 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

, losing 2-0 at home today against Fleetwood this performance is not a 'one off' but an increasingly common occurrence under Warne. 

Absolute f****** nonsense. That’s our first home defeat since October and the worst performance (first half ) I’ve seen in 25+ years of watching Derby. It is in no way representative of Warne or recent performances. It is a one off, and you can question Warne but this wasn’t tactics it was players not running and doing their jobs.

However, It was an Aberration, abomination whatever you want to call it and playing like that there’s no chance we’re going up. Never been so angry as I was at half time.

10 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

It is when at kick off neither of us knew Didzy and Knight had only trained a day this week (and badly with the sound of it).

I'm all for playing our better players but can I see why they didn't start and those that won us a game last week kept their place. 

Knight trained. Where did you hear the 'badly' bit? Doesn't excuse his chosing to continue to play Fozzy at LB where most know he's been poor. Ignoring the setup that had a long unbeaten run. Taking off a player who scored two goals in the previous game. Etc, etc.

It was clear in the 2nd half, when Fozzy and Cashin were the two CHs, that we could finally play the ball down the pitch rather than just kick long. And is it any surprise that there's little chance of the ball sticking up front when Collins is the 'striker'.

Edited by RoyMac5

16 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I admire his honesty, interesting comment about training being bad yesterday, not sure what to make of that really… long season catching up with a small squad? Poor attitude after a midweek jolly to the races? Just one of them things and we move on?

For me keeping perspective is key, it was a poor performance and we’ve had a few of them over the last few weeks, BUT I’m not going to lose my mind about it.
We have a small imbalanced squad and have had some injuries and poor individual form to contend with recently. Other teams have strengthened and their squads are balanced after years of structure and recruitment a luxury we don’t have thanks to our previous owner and the catastrophe he left behind.
We’re not entitled to anything at this level regardless of our history and level of support, and yet this squad which was thrown together in the summer, along with this management team, have shown that they can win and perform consistently in this league.
The season isn’t over, it’s more than one game, and it’s more than a few weeks of poor form. Things can and probably will change, we’re still in the playoff positions with a 4 point gap to 7th. I’ll wait until the season is over to fully have my meltdown if it’s necessary (probably not in truth as we’ll win the league next year if we stop down), and even then I’ll keep some perspective and enjoy the usual fuss over recruitment and the like as that’s the rollercoaster ride of supporting this great club.
Chin up folks, we go again  ? 

didn't think Fleetwood did anything amazing apart from turning us, winning first balls and crossing when they had opportunity to do so. From that they won the game and we didn't do any of that.

that sums it up

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Our record against the top-half sides is really poor and our performances are getting worse rather than better. Does anyone really think we will beat either Barnsley, Plymouth, or Ipswich or Bolton? This has all the hallmarks of 2014-2015 at the moment. Losing 4-1 at Barnsley, screwing up a 2-0 lead at home to Shrewsbury, losing 2-0 at home today against Fleetwood this performance is not a 'one off' but an increasingly common occurrence under Warne. 

I think with the squad we have cobbled together due to the restrictions, we have done pretty well. Teams like Ipswich and Plymouth are a couple of seasons ahead of us in their plan to get out of the division. With how small the squad is I think a dip in form after the great unbeaten run was inevitable. Today was very disappointing but we still are in the hunt for the play offs which under the circumstances would be some achievement ?

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Knight trained. Where did you hear the 'badly' bit? Doesn't excuse his chosing to continue to play Fozzy at LB where most know he's been poor. Ignoring the setup that had a long unbeaten run. Taking off a player who scored two goals in the previous game. Etc, etc.

Possibly the post match interview from the club, Warne said training yesterday was poor. 
I’d like to see us approach the next game back with what was working well for us earlier in the season 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 or whatever it is, get back to being tough to beat and passing the ball to players with a ram on their shirt. A reaction is a must.

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

I think with the squad we have cobbled together due to the restrictions, we have done pretty well. Teams like Ipswich and Plymouth are a couple of seasons ahead of us in their plan to get out of the division. With how small the squad is I think a dip in form after the great unbeaten run was inevitable. Today was very disappointing but we still are in the hunt for the play offs which under the circumstances would be some achievement ?

This answers the question you asked me earlier as well! Great minds ? 

6 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I wasn’t wholly serious and was leaning into my optimism in the face of the widespread misery many of you seem to be feeling. But also because we’re in the top 6 with the current squad and it’s limitations, another summer of recruiting players that suit the style the management want to play could see us progress further.

I genuinely think 3 players added to what we currently have would see is much higher in the league, if we had a proper right back, a more mobile athletic cb, and a physical presence in the middle of the park who weighs more than a curly wurly to complement the rest we’d be flying.

Whilst I agree today was poor and recently form has dropped right off I am not one for despair, or calling for managers to be sacked, or slating individual players. The club is rebuilding after nearly going out of existence, things can and will get better in time in my view, that might take more time or less time, I’m happy to wait and see. 

Agree ?

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

2014-15 was completely different. We went from 1st in February and looking like the best team in the league to 8th in May.

This season we are going from 4th at our best but still some way off the top two to maybe 7th if we have a poor run in and other teams capitalise.

It’s not the huge drop off you think it is. We have only ever been 2-3 poor results from looking over our shoulders. Promotion has always been an outside chance not a certainty.

I think we could beat all four of those teams if we play well and play to our potential. We have beaten Barnsley and Bolton and competed in tight games with Ipswich, Plymouth and even runaway leaders Wednesday.

It’s up to Warne to find a way to deliver that and time is still on his side. Yet you have written us off in March when there’s still so much life left in the season. You’re making yourself look silly.