Fleetwood Home Sat 18th March 3.00pm

hintonsboots

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well that was rubbish wasn’t it ! 

wildsmith - unlucky and still shouldn’t be beaten at his front post 

smith - he was awful to be honest - very poor game 

Davies - not confident it seemed but no worse than any of the others 

Cashin - worse I have seen him play - didn’t win headers, knocked of the ball and taking way too many chances lately 

Forsyth - he did ok considering what was going on around him

Bird - did nothing positive to be honest 

Hourihane - just as Bird 

Mendiz - nothing to work with I hope he isn’t injured 

Sibley - nothing to work with but could have got himself involved 

Springett - out of his depth 

Collins - he just not very good is he 

subs - McGoldrick - should always start at home - mistake not starting in my mind

Knight - should always be playing if available 

Roberts - did well 

Dobbin - did little 

Barkhauzen - better than Spingett 

we had absolutely nothing in midfield and next to nothing up front putting silly pressure on a defensive line that looked indecisive 

Throw ins - until McGoldrick and knight came on not once did anybody come for a throw in 

we were dreadful and we didn’t help by not selecting our best players 

But apart from that ok do you think ? 

18 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well that was rubbish wasn’t it ! 

wildsmith - unlucky and still shouldn’t be beaten at his front post 

smith - he was awful to be honest - very poor game 

Davies - not confident it seemed but no worse than any of the others 

Cashin - worse I have seen him play - didn’t win headers, knocked of the ball and taking way too many chances lately 

Forsyth - he did ok considering what was going on around him

Bird - did nothing positive to be honest 

Hourihane - just as Bird 

Mendiz - nothing to work with I hope he isn’t injured 

Sibley - nothing to work with but could have got himself involved 

Springett - out of his depth 

Collins - he just not very good is he 

subs - McGoldrick - should always start at home - mistake not starting in my mind

Knight - should always be playing if available 

Roberts - did well 

Dobbin - did little 

Barkhauzen - better than Spingett 

we had absolutely nothing in midfield and next to nothing up front putting silly pressure on a defensive line that looked indecisive 

Throw ins - until McGoldrick and knight came on not once did anybody come for a throw in 

we were dreadful and we didn’t help by not selecting our best players 

You ok? Forsyth was absolutely dreadful at LB - shouldn’t have been there mind

58 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Luckily it didn’t ? 

i wish i hadn't been right.  it was all too predictable. People kidded themselves after a poor performance at Oxford.  

WE started the 2nd half with roughly the right team. 

Absolutely disgraceful from start to finish. No guts, no drive, no willingness to track, no shape, absolute fu**ing nothing. I don't know what Warne is doing on the training ground but our 'tactics' seem to consist of hitting it in the direction of collins and hoping he can produce something out of nothing. The shape was non-existent and a big gap between defence and midfield meant it was so easy for Fleetwood to poke holes in us. Do they do any opposition research? The quickness of the opposition meant that it was not a game to have a defence which had all the pace of a one-legged pensioner. 

On the goals they were too easy. The first goal was great but why on earth was no-one within 5 yards of him... just too easy for him to volley it. The second, well the less said about cashin, forsyth, and wildsmith the better. The three of them should have been pulled off there and then for that shambolic sequence of events. All of them should be fined a week's wages for that alone and that's before we get into everything else. 

Warne needs to start having a look at himself. Whilst the players lacked effort, drive, and determination today they also crucially lacked anything resembling a game plan. Warne has seemingly got us going backwards towards a bizarre series of 'hit and hope' forward balls with no runners and a back line that has gone from not looking like it could concede to looking like it can't stop conceding. Cashin doesn't learn- getting too tight and then we've got no-one to cover, Forysth running through treacle and lacking any bite and then we've got Wildsmith who has gone from scott carson to andy oakes in the past 2 months. He alone has been partially at fault for at least 5 of the goals we've conceded in the last 6 games. 

Personally, I hope we drop out of the playoffs now as we're not going to win them and could even end up embarrassing ourselves. I'd say we need a clear out in the summer and we need to seriously consider Warne's position as this type of result has been coming. 

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

The more I watch Collins the more I think I could probably do a better job 

Everything Stockley offered up front for them is what I expected Collins to offer us. Wins headers, holds it up, causes problems.

He literally does nothing. I'd have Stockley in this team over Collins in a heartbeat.

Warne completely picked the wrong team I’m afraid, if Mcgoldrick is fit he has to play we don’t offer anything without him a very bad result won’t make the play offs imo massive game next week now the summary of today 

wildsmith unlucky on first goal 

smith- awful 

Davies- legs gone 

Cashin- worst game he’s had I’m afraid 

Forsyth- not a lot 

springett- struggled big time 

hourihane- poor

bird- poor 

Mendez- shocking 

Collins- shocking 

Sibley- poor 

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Absolutely disgraceful from start to finish. No guts, no drive, no willingness to track, no shape, absolute fu**ing nothing. I don't know what Warne is doing on the training ground but our 'tactics' seem to consist of hitting it in the direction of collins and hoping he can produce something out of nothing. The shape was non-existent and a big gap between defence and midfield meant it was so easy for Fleetwood to poke holes in us. Do they do any opposition research? The quickness of the opposition meant that it was not a game to have a defence which had all the pace of a one-legged pensioner. 

On the goals they were too easy. The first goal was great but why on earth was no-one within 5 yards of him... just too easy for him to volley it. The second, well the less said about cashin, forsyth, and wildsmith the better. The three of them should have been pulled off there and then for that shambolic sequence of events. All of them should be fined a week's wages for that alone and that's before we get into everything else. 

Warne needs to start having a look at himself. Whilst the players lacked effort, drive, and determination today they also crucially lacked anything resembling a game plan. Warne has seemingly got us going backwards towards a bizarre series of 'hit and hope' forward balls with no runners and a back line that has gone from not looking like it could concede to looking like it can't stop conceding. Cashin doesn't learn- getting too tight and then we've got no-one to cover, Forysth running through treacle and lacking any bite and then we've got Wildsmith who has gone from scott carson to andy oakes in the past 2 months. He alone has been partially at fault for at least 5 of the goals we've conceded in the last 6 games. 

Personally, I hope we drop out of the playoffs now as we're not going to win them and could even end up embarrassing ourselves. I'd say we need a clear out in the summer and we need to seriously consider Warne's position as this type of result has been coming. 

Jeez, i thought i was peed off

59 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I don’t agree . It was far worse. Not sure Lampard had any options up front that were fully fit. As far as I know, Robert’s was fully fit , so why play a past it Davies ? And why play Springett? Or Hourihane? Or Collins? 

Yes Lampard did have options. He could  and should have started with Marriott and Waghorn. They probably couldn’t last the 90 minutes, but were scoring freely. And Villa’s reaction when they finally did get on the pitch confirms that they should have started. 

We should have hit them hard, got in front then changed the strikers over, which is much better than saving your better strikers for when you are chasing the game. Oh, and neither should Frank have left it soooooo late to bring them on, ie too late.

Ahhh yes the February March melt down. How I’ve missed you. 

Kindest thing that could happen is to slip down to seventh. Imagine we somehow get up through the play offs, how vile will next season be? We can’t get significant reinforcements in with our transfer kitty and signing on fee and agent fee of £0

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The more you watch Collins the more I think the big tall young Pole should be on the bench as he would cause the opposition problems 

He's probably not overly keen to have his loan cut short, just to come and sit on the bench... particularly when our own fans refer to him as "The big tall young Pole"!  

7 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Said this to the old man. What is our style/game plan? 

We’ve done quite well relying on having better players than the crap teams and bits of individual quality against some of the better teams. It’s fine but for me a manager is only decent if the team is greater than the sum of the parts. If it isn’t - the manager isn’t actually adding any value. I do want to reserve judgement until the team looks more like the system he used at Rotherham… 

Warne seems to be content to give up the midfield before a ball has been played. He wants the ball up the wing quickly, crossed at the first opportunity to the awaiting…..?

We have been consistently playing this way for some time. It’s industrial and boring. Get the three back into midfield. Drop Collins. I’m struggling to remember a move of more than a few passes. Today truly was men against boys.